I don't think this player base even knows what it wants lol

13»

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    In my long Battlefield Ph.D dissertation, I forgot to mention the reason I am so vocal about spawn killers, is because it is such an EASY FIX. So many people have brought this up, that if you give people 1 minute to leave the "safe-zone" and then don't allow re-entry, the problem is solved. I can't, for the life of me, understand why this hasn't been implemented yet. What possible rationale could there be for allowing someone to remain in the safe-zone for the entire game, especially when EVERY safe zone has "eyes on" at least one flag/objective. It's huge things like this that are not even a bug--they are intentional, but the reasons for allowing this to occur are ineffable since the fix is so easy to implement. It would also have a nice secondary side-effect by not allowing AFK players to hide in the safe area while they take a telephone call.
    ---
    As I have mentioned before--this is akin to allowing a Soldier to not deploy with his/her unit. "naw, I think I'll just stay home instead of going off to war.. because, you know, war is dangerous."
    This one issue in particular, is enough to make me seriously consider getting a service-dog.
  • Catsonspeeed
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    I think the player base already got what they wanted, with Battlefield 3. And now with every new Battlefield title we move further away from all that. I'm already having trouble identifying these latest releases as Battlefield games.

So I certainly know what I want. And that is either Battlefield 3 remake, or Battlefield 6 with similar game / gunplay, maps and modes, weapon variety. A sense of progression. And vehicles that are more than just decorations or should I say marketing tools.

Well I think BF3 is where it started going down hill. Modern shooters just seem to attract a certain type of player....

Personally, as a die hard BF1942 fan (I also love BF1943), going back to WW2 was always the dream for me.

BF3 was my first, so I never played those. How does BFV compare to BF1942 & 1943 in your opinion?
  • AssassinoX1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Generally speaking, with some people complaining I feel like it's coming from a place where they are coming from a different game and want this game to be more like the game they came from as opposed to enjoying this game for what it is and how it's different like the TTK and attrition. It comes with the territory when games try new things. It's just a matter of weeding out legitimate claims and personal claims. For example, netcode was a legitimate thing to prioritize because it has so much to do with the TTK and playing experience. Customization, weapons/attachments and maps are more of a personal thing to me and not as important as core gameplay. But you will always have the two sides fighting and complaining about why they aren't working on what they believe should be worked on first instead of something else. So I agree and wish players were more objective about complaints.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But also like The TTK debacle, the playerbase has several smaller subgroups. That often conflict with each other. This is why DICE should provide more game types. a casual/classic mode with spotting / full health regen/full ammo and quicker revives for casual players , then a hardcore mode for the opposite group. More content in the form of more game types is not a bad thing it keeps people playing. They will not continue to play game types if they are not having fun. It’s better to have a casual playing a casual gametype than they not play at all

And then you’d get another group complaining about the community being split
  • M_Rat13
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the player base already got what they wanted, with Battlefield 3. And now with every new Battlefield title we move further away from all that. I'm already having trouble identifying these latest releases as Battlefield games.

So I certainly know what I want. And that is either Battlefield 3 remake, or Battlefield 6 with similar game / gunplay, maps and modes, weapon variety. A sense of progression. And vehicles that are more than just decorations or should I say marketing tools.

Well I think BF3 is where it started going down hill. Modern shooters just seem to attract a certain type of player....

Personally, as a die hard BF1942 fan (I also love BF1943), going back to WW2 was always the dream for me.

BF3 was my first, so I never played those. How does BFV compare to BF1942 & 1943 in your opinion?

Those games were a lot simpler, but the simplicity is why I have a sweet spot for them in my heart.

BFV though earns my respect simply becuase of the scale it is going for. It isn't just a game, it's an experience, where we live through the war, similar to how the soldiers did, with new weapons and new ideas changing how we see the game. There's a lot of potential for the game.
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is as though opinions vary from person to person.

the most relevant comment
  • parkingbrake
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    Well, because DICE don't know what the"community" wants, and you know why? THIS is why........

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq8vjl/discussion_bfv_chapter_2_lightning_strikes_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aq5hzf/focused_feedback_visibility/

Try reading thru all that muck. They're not listening to the community. They're listening to REDDIT !!! I have mind to give them a piece of my mind RIGHT NOW.

I don’t understand. Are the people on Reddit not part of the community?

Also, after just quickly scanning through the comments it seems like a lot of complaints you see here.

Well no. It's only a hair fraction of who buys this game (2k posters out 7 million sales). I actually think the greatest and largest by far part of the community, are folks at home playing the game, who don't post on forums.

How do we know what their complaints are? Most by far don't post on forums about their games, not here or there.

There has to be a way to gauge folks at home, with in depth surveys, and questions such as this whenever they release these updates. In so we can get a better gauge of what the fella who plays an hour a day after work may thing, as compared to someone on reddit or here, that plays 8 hours a day.

Of course, those two opinions could be vastly different, and likely are. And another difference being, there's a hell of a lot more than them, than at Reddit. And so, the answer is no, and probably why we're in the mess we're in.

EA sends out surveys to some players, so they must have some idea of what the rank and file are thinking. Whether they care about what players are thinking is another matter.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    They are obviously listening to the wrong people, and DICE has no real conception on how to make a game anymore because all of the people who knew this have left the firm. A developer needs to have concrete opinions that are well thought out and balanced. When these stances are challenged, they need to back them up with what they tested and planned. On the uncommon occasion they made a miscalculation, then they should make a correction for the sake of improvement.

As we all know, these occasions are all too common and happening with regularity. DICE doesn't have anything set in stone because they don't know what they're doing now.
  • DirtyImpulz
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The big problem nowadays with basically everything is people complain and whine and believe the sole purpose of the world is to cater to them. As if they are the center of the universe.

If something isn't working as it should and you complain, that's fine. But a lot of people think they're the next developer prodigy and know how a game should be because they've been told all their life how 'special' they are.

I like the simpeler days were the general answer to a QQ post was "Git guud scrub". Aah those were the days!!
  • irishwarriormoor
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3 remaster. It would be hard for them to mess that up...
  • Ichstarker
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you give an example?

The recent patch which made the 20mm gun on light tanks not able to solo kill heavy tanks anymore. People said it annoyed them, Dice changed it, yet today I've seen a thread telling Dice the changes were terrible. And that's just a recent example.

mistake from dice to get rid for accident the **** points that you make when shooting on heavy tanks but I destroyed once today olaying on firestorm but i just received point for destroy it but no for smaking damage
  • Ichstarker
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know what I want. Spotting.

you need an eye lol
  • SlowOldWarrior
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    To round-out the balance to this thread, DICE PR Team doesn't help itself with comments to its potential fan-base by saying "If you don't like it, don't buy it." because a game in a series is not like purchasing a vehicle. There may be ways to preview BF V, or rent it monthly, I have no idea regarding that, but for the most part, as was my case, you receive the game for Christmas because your family knows you are a Battlefield player for life. I can't imaging not buying a BF title ever again, but I can imagine doing that with CoD because I had to finally give up my snobbery and cave-in a few years ago and bought my first CoD just so I could play online with my son (who has always loved CoD first and Battlefield second, only because "his pop" plays BF).
    ---
    So getting back to my point, "if you don't like it, don't buy it" rings hollow for people like me who received it as a gift. Also, I am a little bit "brand loyal" when it comes to BF. I hate to admit it, but no matter what they do, no matter how the next iteration of BF includes (transgender options) I will still buy it, because as far as I can tell, there is nothing quite like it.
    ----
    It is true that I have never noticed a single bug in a CoD game, but to me, that's like comparing generic white bread, with Dave's Killer Bread (for those outside the US, I apologize in advance for using a local product as an analogy--Dave's Killer Bread meets all the criterion for healthy bread--organic, non-gmo, packed with over 21 different variety of seeds--it is a super-food, whereas white bread, is basic bleached flour that goes moldy in about a week.) I know exactly what I'll get with the next CoD.. it will still be whomever rounds the corner and pulls the trigger first wins the kill, and then you have to watch for spawn-flips when too many get into enemy territory--which means the goalposts keep moving. "Wow, we infiltrated their back yard, and now they are suddenly in our front yard."
    ---
    BF has always had the teamwork aspect which CoD fails miserably at, and apparently, they are not concerned with that--they attract the lone-wolf types whose concern is only K/D.
    ---
    I didn't mean to derail into a BF vs. CoD, but getting back on track--I love BF for life. I'm certainly not a fan-boy though, if something sucks, I will make a thread about it--just ask @LOLGotYerTags --I'm pretty vocal about things I dislike, he has locked plenty of my threads that became toxic, either by me or others responding to my "boo-hoo" threads. For example: It irks me to no end how DICE changed the game to allow safe-zones, where before a good base-"rake" was all good fun--they "fixed" base-raking but now have allowed campers to sit in trucks and farm infantry with no way to get to the offender. So I will complain about that... and I will also post videos when I get lucky enough to get some one who is doing this nasty behavior, before the countdown timer kills me.
    ---
    tl;dr: I am BF for life, but please don't call me a fan-boy because I call it like I see it. If something sucks, I will voice my opinion, but I'm like that 25 year old still living at home--I may complain about my parents, but I have no where to go, and I don't plan on leaving.
    Like Huey Lewis and the News sang: "I'm happy to be stuck with you."
    I would post more, but I'm on my way to go get a Battlefield tattoo.

Astro, good post - I really appreciate it. One question for you, what do you think about the overall direction of the BF series? Do you see a positive or negative trend since BF3? Feel free to start elsewhere, but BF3 hooked me, and I had played earlier BF games.