Undocumented Tank Changes

Comments

• rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No you haven't. AAs and 20MM light tanks needed a proper balancing. If you pick AA - your targets are aircraft. If you pick light tank - your targets are infantry and light armor. It was super BS when AA would snipe tanks at 500m without fear of getting return fire.

This is correct. I'm curious though if all 4 AA's operate in a similar fashion against armor or if the heavy variants are better at dealing damage than the lighter guns.

Back to the 20mm. I would like to see the differences between the cannons reflected in something like this:

4EPFRbm.jpg

With this template there are distinct advantages and disadvantages to each weapon.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Looks like this one missed the patch notes, sorry about that. To confirm, this is an intentional change.

What you're likely seeing is that 20mm HE is now unable to hurt tanks and AA can hurt medium tanks but only at the right angles.

We know that 20mm and AA were pretty dominant before hand and we wanted to shake things up. It could have been that we've gone too far with this change, but in that case we'll be watching your feedback and willing to act accordingly.

F8RGE, you are my hero! No, not for the change, but for the message - actually communicating with the people on your own chat boards.

Thank you for this statement - look at my post history, calling my posts "salty" would be an understatement. This is a step towards fixing this game.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RIP sweet prince
    d9aqsmx3mgg21.png
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    RIP sweet prince
    d9aqsmx3mgg21.png

F
  • youngblood253
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yet infantry can be hit many times and just runaway
  • Hawxxeye
    7816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gone too far is an understatement
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    The actual AA guns should do 1 point of damage to other tanks, just like in past battlefields the damage rate was incredibly low.

The biggest problem with the 20mm on the Pz38 tank wasn't so it's damage, which was certainly too high anyway, but that it could turret kill other tanks almost at once, and that the constant impact explosions blinded the tank. Making it impossible to fight back.

The whole blinding issue affects more then this weapon, but its a big deal for why tanks are so terrible in general in battlefield. The solution is to let the tank user see through the explosive effects, and make it so turret and mobility kills cannot happen to a tank that has full or nearly full health. They should be things that happen to a badly damaged tank or reward very precise hit placement (half of a tank is currently critical hit boxes), not a easy way to cripple and render them useless.

That’s a good suggestion - Systemic Damage happens only below a certain HP level, say 50%.

I think systemic damage should only apply if a hit takes you under 30% health, or any damage after this point. It should be impossible for ranged infantry AT weapons to disable anything on the first hit period. That should be saved for dynamite and mines as far as infantry is concerned. This was my way of thinking before the latest changes.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks suck still congrats dice.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like this one missed the patch notes, sorry about that. To confirm, this is an intentional change.

What you're likely seeing is that 20mm HE is now unable to hurt tanks and AA can hurt medium tanks but only at the right angles.

We know that 20mm and AA were pretty dominant before hand and we wanted to shake things up. It could have been that we've gone too far with this change, but in that case we'll be watching your feedback and willing to act accordingly.

It should be this way.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

It should be this way.

You really think 20mm shouldn’t be able to hurt other light tanks or mediums from rear/ sides?

Also consider the Pz. 38t doesn’t have AP in the upgrade tree for its autocannons.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Typical dice nerfing something into the ground when all it needed was a minor nerf why are they still garbage vs infantry it takes way to many shots.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Was it mentioned in patch notes that depots take longer to fix now?

Yeah, its in the notes,, Tanker/Pilot class no longer builds faster than Engineer class (or some crap like this).

I don't recall any classes with those names in BFV, so perhaps you could elaborate on what this is supposed to mean.

"The Tanker and Pilot classes no longer build Fortifications faster than the Support class with
    the engineer Combat Role."

Thanks for clarifying.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's clearly a BUG, all vehicle should be equal in the game, it's not wise to let certain vehicle to overwhelm the other.

now 20mm can't hurt other tanks, but other tanks can do lots of damage to light tank, it's calling balance at all.

in fact, you should not change the damage/armor system between tanks, that involved too many problem to solve, and some is out of your expectation, you can just increase the HP of heavy tanks instead of doing this.

I don't think all vehicles should be equal, they should have different capabilities, players should have to meet the challenge of playing in vehicles with different advantages and disadvantages. Having light tanks that can absorb hits like heavier tanks is ridiculous, as is far more powerful guns being no more effective that the weapons on light vehicles. Game balance shouldn't be based on raw fiction with no relationship to common sense or the game ends up feeling like a cartoon.
  • e94mli
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the stagehound being able to take out the t38 is that you can not outrun it. All the other tanks you can at least try to run and hide from. Have had it happen to me twice already and there is nothing you can do unless you get help.
  • Caramac_D
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    20mm is now essentially obsolete considering its only marginally better than the coaxial against infantry. Bring back damage to all vehicles. Medium and Heavy tanks only on the tracks/turret or something.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite tank load-out is now completely useless against heavy tanks.

Not happy at all with this patch.

• AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it's clearly a BUG, all vehicle should be equal in the game, it's not wise to let certain vehicle to overwhelm the other.

now 20mm can't hurt other tanks, but other tanks can do lots of damage to light tank, it's calling balance at all.

in fact, you should not change the damage/armor system between tanks, that involved too many problem to solve, and some is out of your expectation, you can just increase the HP of heavy tanks instead of doing this.

I don't think all vehicles should be equal, they should have different capabilities, players should have to meet the challenge of playing in vehicles with different advantages and disadvantages. Having light tanks that can absorb hits like heavier tanks is ridiculous, as is far more powerful guns being no more effective that the weapons on light vehicles. Game balance shouldn't be based on raw fiction with no relationship to common sense or the game ends up feeling like a cartoon.

ALL I do is play in light tanks

It only takes TWO HITS from a heavy tank to blow up a light tank.

Do you know how hard it is to stay alive in a light tank against a decent heavy tank player ?

Now I can't even fight back.

Ridiculous
  • WinterWarhurst

Do you know how hard it is to stay alive in a light tank against a decent heavy tank player ?

Ridiculous

Have you tried them against infantry with the splash damage buff? Also do remember 20mm autocannons firing HE have about 2mm pen or so; they shouldn’t do any damage to tanks, but it should wreck infantry and planes. The real problem is no AP upgrade on the Pz. 38t for its autocannons. Likewise there’s no HVAP on the Wirbelwind.

If you had 90+ AP rounds that did decent damage to light tanks and the rear and sides of medium tanks they would be fine.
  • AssassinAgent47

Ridiculous

Have you tried them against infantry with the splash damage buff? Also do remember 20mm autocannons firing HE have about 2mm pen or so; they shouldn’t do any damage to tanks, but it should wreck infantry and planes. The real problem is no AP upgrade on the Pz. 38t for its autocannons. Likewise there’s no HVAP on the Wirbelwind.

If you had 90+ AP rounds that did decent damage to light tanks and the rear and sides of medium tanks they would be fine.

Yes (20mm) better against infantry for sure, But I've always done well against infantry in light tanks.

I honestly didn't have much of a problem with splash damage against infantry using 20mm.

YES it was too low though, I agree.

They do need to change the upgrade path for sure. Some sort of AP option.

My fav 38t loadout is now null and void against heavy tanks.

• WinterWarhurst

Ridiculous

Yes (20mm) better against infantry for sure, But I've always done well against infantry in light tanks.

I honestly didn't have much of a problem with splash damage against infantry using 20mm.

YES it was too low though, I agree.

They do need to change the upgrade path for sure. Some sort of AP option.

My fav 38t loadout is now null and void against heavy tanks.

I have 3000+ kills in the Pz. 38t with autocannons so I feel you! I think the solution is moving the AP upgrade to the middle so it’s accesible by both lines, although I do love the S-mines!

In the mean time try the Pz. IV again, far right and far left upgrade lines are actually great again, finally! Valentine with 6-pounder is also feeling far better.