DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My humble opinion about it.
    Let the game like that, don't move any ";" from the code each patch make new bugs and fix others, cheaters is not a worry on this game, at least BF1 got more cheaters and this topic was never necessary. People report cheaters and u guys made a manual ban and I don't know how its work may be Ban the Hardware ID or may be ban the IP but I guess (HID + name_of_cheater + IP) is enough. Maybe I'm wrong and this game need people developing an AC software when everyone know is a war between game developers and cheat developers, finding exploits and patching exploits, in my opinion is a waste of time, why not focus in optimization and performance instead making a war who never ends.

Open to ear comments .

• LEGATUS_ITALICUS
    388 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Implement Battleye
  • I_Stole_your_Mom
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can rarely play a map without some cheater ruining your game. If nothing is done I will have no choice but to simply stop playing and buying your games, forever.

Possible solutions I've thought of:

1. Surprise Dummy patches daily/weekly - this will force cheaters to wait until they've been given the green light to cheat. Won't Stop them, but could hold them off for a little while.
    2. Legal action and legal threats against those that create these cheats and those that use them. It's time for something.
    3. If you are banning players (can't really tell), ban their UUID's.
    4. Bring back rented servers, or hire members of the community to admin. When someone calls out cheater! in the text chat, this admin can investigate and kick/ban immediately. You could have one admin for a group of servers.

I feel as if a company with your resources would have little issue stopping this rampant cheating.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best solution is to bring (back) votekick. Nothing is more effective than a vigilante community.
  • RosaPanteren
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might be soon and because of proximity to patch, but the two last days have been gameplay free of cheaters for my part.

Really hope this keeps up!!

I bet Dice are working hard on the topic, but can’t say much because it would tip of hackers.
  • mario
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it is with great sadness I have to declare that BF 5 has passed away. Unfortunatly it was a short life but due to lack of any anti cheat it was better to put it out of it's suffering.

Played about 10 rounds tonight and it's really becoming unplayable by all cheats, headshots while running full speed, killed while lying behand a barrel and he couldn't even see me etc. I really had NO fun at all, I will go back to BF 4, at least that game was good and enjoyable. Dice you can close this threat if you dont act cos nobody wants to play it anymore.
  • ps_865
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you do something about k&m on consoles? At least put some flag on them so we know when they kill us? And/or make stock controlers only servers?
  • VOLBANKER
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How can it be allowed for a player to call himself MOSSAD-RECRUITER?

Just curious.
  • ibasaw_fr
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    [Name and shame]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Blackie03
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The simple solution is to have RSP and Admin tools so we can just ban the cheaters when they come on our servers!
  • foljov1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cheaters are killing this good game.
    just been on and i see cheaters from days if not weeks ago still there still doing great body shot from 50 yards kills me does not matter what gun just the gun the hacker chooses to use that day
    there is only one way this is possible and thats if they are hacking and turning up there damage.
    you cannot say people with the high score are all cheating because i see very poor players cheating and still not doing great.
    if like someone else said if theses players are not cheating then the game is very poor, but how does it choose the players to bless with good luck because i do not get any.
    something must be done, cannot get friends to buy the game because of all the bad press and if you ever do sort it out people will have moved on and wont trust this company again.
    i still like the game because 1 in every 10 matches is clean from cheaters and the fights are tight and fun .
    would be good not to have to come back just to moan but to say well done.
  • SeungjinThe3rd
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Deltium wrote: »
    As a COSTRUCTIVE comment, if EA / Dice are going to continue to make multi-player FPS games, then you need to form a PARTNERSHIP with other FPS developers and develop an INDUSTRY solution to face cheaters head-on.

(1) partnering with other developers to share data into a centralized, well-governed database, documenting IP addresses, MAC IDs, and other valid data to assess the location and source of cheaters. If a person is cheating in BF5, it is probably likely that they are cheating in other FPS games; sharing this data in a collaborative and effective fashion could be super effective. Notably, this shared database could also track other forms of abuse that players encounter such as extreme inappropriate behavior, which is also important to share information about. Ironically, this concept is already in place in our criminal justice system where if you commit a crime in one state, other states (if you live in the US) can access the data and see what you have done. A very similar analogy to the gaming community where it seems that each "state" (e.g. each developer) is not sharing data with the others, and big offenders and bad characters are doing the same "crimes" in each and every state, without any consequence.

(2) on a related note, sharing RESOURCES to develop and foster a sophisticated anti-cheat software program would be money well-spent on a collaborative basis. There are, of course, several companies doing this currently, but the industry consortium could perhaps fund a special project with all of these developers to create something really special. In my opinion, the anti-cheat industry is doing the best that it can on limited resources, and trying to stay ahead of some very sophisticated developers of cheating software (aimbots, ESP, wall hacks, etc.), who are always a step ahead. The industry needs to develop a true coalition to fund and defeat cheaters, which are a cancer to the entire industry.

From a financial perspective, I would suspect that each developer could simply allocate the same $$$ that they are currently spending on this issue and if it were to be consolidated and shared between several developers, the synergistic effects could be huge.

Note - realistically, not all developers would immediately sign onto this platform, but even if 2-3 did, it would create vast economies of scale and effectiveness for those in the ecosystem.

Very frankly, many of the ideas that you mention above are just touching the tip of the iceberg, without addressing the bulk of the problem. Basic solutions may win you a bit of positive PR and may make some of your members feel good for a bit, but if cheaters are still there day in and day out, then the player base will continue to get frustrated and leave the game. Something big needs to be done long-term. I encourage you to share this idea with senior people that can truly implement this, because it is a very strategic initiative that only senior management can pull off. No offense to all of those hard-working people on the front-lines dealing with the cheaters, but this needs a vast and material shift in thinking.

Many thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts.

While I love this idea, then the very core issue here is that there would with a certainty be one corrupt developer or more participating in that system, that would leak the information and gain that for personal benefits. Even the EAC guys openly admitted that they have been programming cheats, and used them themselves.

Cheating will never cease to exist as long as humans exist, sadly.
  • GLENN37216
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    ibasaw_fr wrote: »
    please ban "X" he cheat every days (aimbot sure 100%) and possible wallhack...i had already report him and many others player too...what are you waiting for to do something ????? !!!!!!!

I have submitted videos of this guy months ago going 100- and 0 while I was spectating him. He'S ADMITTED via chat that he uses chameleon skin hacks to see through walls , no recoil & 100% visibility. ( No grass or bushes. ) He's still not banned and is giving out reditt links to undetectable cheats almost every server he's in. This is why over the last 3 weeks... everyone in here has noticed and explosion of hackers in game.
  • Nummydoughnuts
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've just noticed a recent influx on Xbox one of people just calling each other cheaters or threatening to report, at the beginning of rounds even. You haven't even done anything, or killed a guy once and they immediately bombard you with messages that they will report you for cheating. I do understand that cheating is possible on Xbox along with any of the methodology sounding either Expensive or Time Consuming which I honestly don't get how some people have time do to any of this but then again some people just thrive on making others suffer in gaming. I'm just disappointed that because of the Cheating Epidemic along with stuff rising up on consoles it's gone from not only a real issues of cheaters in general, but a lot of finger pointing and people being at each others throats. I'm more so worried that all of these false accusations flying about is going to really toxic in the community.
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The simple fact is with BFV now selling for $23.99 on the psn store thru 3/1/19, you even know the game is FUBAR, and hope to find the last few suckers for this game.
    Maybe a round of layoffs on a scale similar to what just happened at Activision/Blizzard "MIGHT" get the remaining crew motivated to actually fix the second most embarrassing game next to FO76 of q4.
  • Yellow_Hands
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please make these anti-cheats works. It´s becoming impossible to play in the south america servers.
  • Nitazoxanide
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 15
    A bit of rant... so apologize in advance... I've lost my hopes for BFV (esp- being a PC gamer)... have >10K hours in this game from the very first... When I start up now I realy have to convince my self if it's worth the time? I've spend more time spectaticng lately just to be sure that I was not loosing it to false accusations... Beside blatant cheating I've noticed people going from top $ performance to very average medicore when you start spectating them... I've seen people trying to hide their cheating back to BF2142... People I thought (+several being wittness) where good guys/players from a clan context, where revealed... So nothing new under the sun in matters camouflaging it unf. Now it just seem so much out of control that it feels like punishing your self having a good time with the game.
This discussion has been closed.