Do you care about other people's stats?

On-Swift-Wings
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
There's so much fuss and whining about stats. Besides those who like to measure the size of their e-peens against one another, does anyone actually care about it? And if you do, why?

Comments

• narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think I've ever bothered to look at another persons stats, and frankly not sure why I'd bother unless I suspected someone might be cheating. Even then I doubt I'd bother putting the effort into it as I'm not the game police and would rather spend my time having fun playing the game.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.

If I do check, it's for laughs and calling out bull. "This game is too easy!!!" all the while maintaining a k/d under 1 and barely any contribution, or the "I only played this game for 1 hour before deleting it" but you can clearly see said person put in a fair amount of hours.
  • FragbaitDax
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even look at my stats, why would I care about anyone elses?

I get that some people like hard numbers, but I know if I played well or not, and more importantly, if I had fun.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Since Battlelog disappeared I don't care about other peoples stats. DICE don't care so why should we? Hell we don't even have a companion app

I occasionally look up a player to identify a cheat, that's it.

If you get the idea that no one give a s__t things can be more enjoyable.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's so much fuss and whining about stats. Besides those who like to measure the size of their e-peens against one another, does anyone actually care about it? And if you do, why?

I have perfect size man genitals so i dont give 2 ducks about stats. I like winning games but I know thats hard to achieve win randoms or superbad blueberries. If I see someone or I know someone who cares about stats or boosts them I ll do everything to make their lifes miserable and will try to expose them.
  • SirBobdk
    4762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't care about other people's stats. Only time I look at them is if I suspect one of cheating or if we are discussing a topic and i want to see if people also play what they have an opinion about. I look at my own stats because I'm curious to see if I improve, but I dont aim at anything specific and I don't change my way of playing just to optain some stats.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

I have perfect size man genitals so i dont give 2 ducks about stats. I like winning games but I know thats hard to achieve win randoms or superbad blueberries. If I see someone or I know someone who cares about stats or boosts them I ll do everything to make their lifes miserable and will try to expose them.

3 inches in not perfect size unless your making love to a midget.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not care about other people’s stats, but I was interested in how I compare to the rest. I was climbing up the K/D ranking, which I thought was great. That however has become irrelevant, like all other stats have become irrelevant.

Why would you allow the co-op mode to influence stats........ How dumb are people at DICE? One of the reasons I played and probably a lot of other people has been taken away. Well I do not need to worry about any of that anymore, so maybe I rage a little less.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

:smiley:
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only check it when sb calls for a buff or a nerf.

It is an indicator that shows whether his opinion is valuable or not.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never look at other profiles. I guess it may be important for younger audience to measure who has bigger.....

I just wish my blueberries would help from time to time. That is all i ask for. :-)
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't care about other peoples stats unless it's someone I personally know and play with, then we may shoot the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ over it, but the people I play with all have very different styles and favor different classes. I judge my own stats as a demonstration that I'm playing the game in a useful game winning manner. My main goal is winning, but I'd like to win with a high score per minute as proof I actually mattered. But if winning means I spawn and die 10 times just slowing down the enemy backcapping? Okay I will do that, I don't care what it does to my k/d.

My stats have been relatively static on wins and k/d for the past several battlefield games in a row so I figure I'm playing well, and not becoming old and senile.

I don't care about random unknown other peoples stats except maybe for a laugh now and then because why would I care? Someone is always better then you at a video game. I'd rather not be defined by it.

That said, it does feel good to be MVP, but that's really hard to pull off over and over again, and the scoring in BFV seems to favor medics over anyone else, so I don't worry about it much.
  • Hawxxeye
    6897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As soon as I managed to turn off the third party site stat sharing in the game options I stopped caring about both my stats and the stats of others (unless I am investigating potential cheaters)
    I do not even know what my stats look like now. I strongly suggest you to get rid of your stats too, it is a liberating feeling.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

8.4 inches of solid rock, I can send you a pic if you re so curious, but just to point out I am not into men.
  • VOLBANKER
    1468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find it interesting to see what weapons people use, how good their aim is, what class they prefer etc. so I check other people’s stats from time to time. As I’m not particularly good at the game myself (!), I always get impressed whenever I see people with i.e. 2 in KD and better aim than myself.
  • ElliotLH
    9027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, not really. I might have the occasional look out of curiosity but that's about it.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't unless I suspect they're hacking or if I suspect they're literally doing nothing.
    I've been told I'm "doing nothing" because I decided to build objectives or something. People need to care not about imaginary stats.