Another week EVENT of forced gameplay

MaLakBT
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just logged into the game to see what new assignments we need to do in order to get the weekly exp to unlock some of the skins from lightning strikes and what did I see?

This week we need to play with tanks, lots of tanks.... and since the next event also unlocks a vehicle it probably will require to play with vehicles as well until the event after that where we get a new rifle. Well after all these updates I was hoping you would bring some changes to this system too.

We all have a favorite game mode where we can progress easier, have more fun and learn more about handling the weapons that we chose to play with, however with all these strict assignments like the current ones with the vehicles or the previous ones with the breakthrough, squad conquest(at least it was quick), frontlines and grand operations we barely had the time to play the class, weapon or the mode that we wanted to play in the first place. I am sure that there are a lot of people who want to play these modes and even more are waiting for the firestorm mode, but not all of them want to play some "forced" mode just to receive a skin or a weapon that they want test it out.

For example I love playing conquest as a support class or assault, but I hate to get my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ kicked so many times by playing medic or scout class with weapons that I am not quite familiar in a game mode (breakthrough, frontlines) that just isn't fun for me all because I need to unlock the new MMG or the MAS 44. I can somehow handle those classes but as an infantry player I am now forced to play with vehicles to not just unlock the new tank (because I don't need the tank) but to get the weekly experience for the Chapter 2 skins, otherwise if we don't do the weekly assignments we'll need to spend so many more hours of random matches just to receive the same exp for the Chapter rewards.

The easiest solution is to make the assignments universal so that anyone can complete. Make a number of kills on a certain map, or capture a number of points on other map. People will play on their favorite modes and with their favorite weapons or vehicles/planes and with that you'll have a more active and happier community.

With every new patch we adjust to the buffs and nerfs of the weapons that we constantly get since it is part of every multiplayer game content through the years. Don't make us adjust to the events also.

Comments

• Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MaLakBT wrote: »
    Just logged into the game to see what new assignments we need to do in order to get the weekly exp to unlock some of the skins from lightning strikes and what did I see?

This week we need to play with tanks, lots of tanks.... and since the next event also unlocks a vehicle it probably will require to play with vehicles as well until the event after that where we get a new rifle. Well after all these updates I was hoping you would bring some changes to this system too.

We all have a favorite game mode where we can progress easier, have more fun and learn more about handling the weapons that we chose to play with, however with all these strict assignments like the current ones with the vehicles or the previous ones with the breakthrough, squad conquest(at least it was quick), frontlines and grand operations we barely had the time to play the class, weapon or the mode that we wanted to play in the first place. I am sure that there are a lot of people who want to play these modes and even more are waiting for the firestorm mode, but not all of them want to play some "forced" mode just to receive a skin or a weapon that they want test it out.

For example I love playing conquest as a support class or assault, but I hate to get my **** kicked so many times by playing medic or scout class with weapons that I am not quite familiar in a game mode (breakthrough, frontlines) that just isn't fun for me all because I need to unlock the new MMG or the MAS 44. I can somehow handle those classes but as an infantry player I am now forced to play with vehicles to not just unlock the new tank (because I don't need the tank) but to get the weekly experience for the Chapter 2 skins, otherwise if we don't do the weekly assignments we'll need to spend so many more hours of random matches just to receive the same exp for the Chapter rewards.

The easiest solution is to make the assignments universal so that anyone can complete. Make a number of kills on a certain map, or capture a number of points on other map. People will play on their favorite modes and with their favorite weapons or vehicles/planes and with that you'll have a more active and happier community.

With every new patch we adjust to the buffs and nerfs of the weapons that we constantly get since it is part of every multiplayer game content through the years. Don't make us adjust to the events also.

Just ignore this week's even then. Like me and my friends :)
    If you play on regular basis, you will reach rank 40 anyway before this Tides of War chapter ends. It is still like month to finish it.
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Santini3 wrote: »
    This is entitlement at its finest, folks!

"Why do I have to do something outside of my comfort zone to work towards a bonus reward? It should just be handed to me!"
    Here's the thing: you don't HAVE to unlock these skins/vehicles/weapons. They are completely optional. No one is forcing you to do ANY tides of war assignments.
    Jeez the complaining on this forum is really really bad.

Skins are garbage.
    Vehicle not a problem, if you focus infantry gameplay.
    Weapons however are totally different story. I guess it is purely a "coincidence" (that's irony of course), but looks like the weapons unlocked in ToW events are typically one of the best (if not the best) in their class. So not unlocking those means you give an advantage to your opponents in any game you will play.

• GeneralXIV
    286 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think my main issue with the vehicles has nothing to do with being forced to play vehicles, but Im just questioning the number of vehicles allowed in a game vs the number of players who will now want to be in a vehicle. If they had added a all-vehicle mode, it would make sense imo but...
  • StingX71
    825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

"Why do I have to do something outside of my comfort zone to work towards a bonus reward? It should just be handed to me!"

Here's the thing: you don't HAVE to unlock these skins/vehicles/weapons. They are completely optional. No one is forcing you to do ANY tides of war assignments.

Not that at all.

ToW is stupid. How about if you want to unlock weapon X, you need to complete couple of challenges/assignments, with no time frames. A lot of people don't have the time to play game on a regular basis. Last two weeks, I've barely gotten 10hrs in and completely ignored the ToW. Nothing I wanted anyway.

I play games to relax, I really don't feeling like grinding out some stupid ToW challenges. Fortunately, they haven't really had anything I've wanted.

ToW only reinforces how DICE has lost it's way.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Llordus wrote: »

Skins are garbage.
    Weapons however are totally different story. I guess it is purely a "coincidence" (that's irony of course), but looks like the weapons unlocked in ToW events are typically one of the best (if not the best) in their class. So not unlocking those means you give an advantage to your opponents in any game you will play.

Name one that's the objective best in it's class. One.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »

Not that at all.

ToW is stupid. How about if you want to unlock weapon X, you need to complete couple of challenges/assignments, with no time frames. A lot of people don't have the time to play game on a regular basis. Last two weeks, I've barely gotten 10hrs in and completely ignored the ToW. Nothing I wanted anyway.

I play games to relax, I really don't feeling like grinding out some stupid ToW challenges. Fortunately, they haven't really had anything I've wanted.

You're wrong, the OP is a entitled little snot, and nothing more. If you don't want to EARN the reward? then don't participate in the assignment. The rewards are available to purchase for CC you can earn by just playing the game. The bug is fixed. These posts are joke, and so are the people who make them. Quit sticking up for these entitled degenerates.

It's fixed? Why can't I purchase any of the old guns?
  • namvn
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Llordus wrote: »
    Skins are garbage.

I've unlocked all weapons from all assignments so far and I could tell you, they are no better. They're just fine, and I actually use old guns much more.

• SirBobdk
    4755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not that at all.

You're wrong, the OP is a entitled little snot, and nothing more. If you don't want to EARN the reward? then don't participate in the assignment. The rewards are available to purchase for CC you can earn by just playing the game. The bug is fixed. These posts are joke, and so are the people who make them. Quit sticking up for these entitled degenerates.

True, I can't find them either.
  • Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Not that at all.

The "you can buy weapons for CC" posts have been going on for months with no evidence provided that we can buy weapons for CC.
  • olavafar
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is not the reward a new tank? But if you really do not like playing in tanks why would you want it?
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not that at all.

Open your eyes then, all weapons are available in your company to purchase. Not armory....
  • SirBobdk
    4755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not that at all.

Open your eyes then, all weapons are available in your company to purchase. Not armory....
    Lol. Didn't think of looking there. Ty for info.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably better you either get used to it, or stop playing the TOW assignments because its not going away.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole purpose of Tow was always to focus on a specific aspect of the war so why wouldnt it be set up like it is. If you complain about the challenges then it is completely understandable that you feel that way but even this week i am short one kill while attacking the obj to unlock the prize and did it in like 4 hours of fustrating but yet not difficult play. I actually completed 3 or 4 tiers in 1 match while actually only focusing on 1 challenge which I didnt realize they fixed that aspect of the tracking. I have gotten everything except the ratburner and none of them is a must have and can do just as well with OG weapons and none of the ToW weekly challenges(except week 2 which was bugged for me) took me longer then 4-6 hours to complete every challenge in it.
  • 9IronKiller
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There does seem to be a lot people irl and in this game that believe everything should be given for free or with little to no effort.
    A heads up....there are many things you will have to do in life that you don’t like but will have to to achieve certain goals. And lets be honest the challenges in ToW are not difficult. Do them, don’t do them but no one cares what you do as it’s a game.
    And before anyone starts with the ‚I paid money for this‘ even at full price with deluxe, you end up paying pennies per hour of gameplay
    First world problems people
  • Llordus
    Name one that's the objective best in it's class. One.

Assault - Mass 44, it definitely is one of most interesting weapons - like turner smle, with smaller, yet quickly deatachable magazine. For me -one of the best in the assault class, only Gewehr 1-5 is better.
    Medic - don't remember the name of new smg, but it is even improved version of mp40.
    Assault - again, this latest mmg given as reward for me seems to be even more interesting than mg42 (which I love btw).

Those are really good weapons added to the rooster.

• Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish they'd stop with vehicle based assignments. There is not enough to go around for everyone which makes it a pita...

Half of the teams on Panzerstorm afking on deploy screen waiting for a tank spawn is stupid..