This may not be good news fellas..

Comments

  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    They wont add new factions thats for sure.

    Link?

    Im basing my assumption on how the main menu is designed.

    Currently there is 2 factions. Axis and Allies. If they are adding new factions it will be just player outfits, guns and voices. Those will be put in the current factions. Meaning you will still see brits and **** on all maps they add in the future, even in the pacific theather if it ever comes out.

    If they were ever planning to add seperate specific country factions we would not be able to use german guns as allies in the first place. There would not be allies and axis factions either.

    If the game came out with Germany and Brittain as two factions i would believed they planned to add americans and soviets later.
  • Humpday15
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reading through this thread makes me nervous about what the future of this game will be like. I've waited for a WW2 BF game for many years and now that I have one, it is just going to die quickly? Oh man I hope for a major come back like BF4.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its more then obvious it will be like that, cosmetics only. Since we wont be getting 3-4 USA and 3-4 Soviet mp maps due to live service and not premium....so cosmetics and you can use them on all current maps.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 15
    I think what's making it stale for me is lack of maps. I'm not interested in half the stuff that's been introduced like friend only Co op, squad conquest and sp stories ( not to say others don't enjoy it) I wouldn't of missed. I'd of substituted all of that for 3 extra maps at launch + 2 months for multiplayer modes(thrown in at least one classic map from 1942).

    I think DICE and EA need to get their heads out of there arses and look at where they are throwing all the resources and budget. Obviously the game didn't sell as well, so maps (imo) should've been priority.
    Its also a double edged sword for them now, don't release a suffiecient amount of maps etc ( despite no premium) then the bf series will be well and truly tainted by this installment. Gamers will very certainly react cautiously to the next release and perhaps initial sales and pre orders would be hit once again.a case of fool me once.

  • UniQue1992
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they manage to screw it up it's the last DICE game I will buy for a very long time.
  • g0merpile
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    As The World Turns Post.
    Complainers, backstabbers, hypocrites. Its all in the next chapter of ; AS THE WORLDS TURNS.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has Failed to meet any expectations by EA. EA will put no more money into a Failing product. Therefore expect no more Major Content ever for this game.

    Maybe 2 to 3 more Maps and that's it.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1668 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game has Failed to meet any expectations by EA. EA will put no more money into a Failing product. Therefore expect no more Major Content ever for this game.

    Maybe 2 to 3 more Maps and that's it.

    I know BFV has not met expectations on sales or player reaction but i assume EA have still made a decent amount of profit? Is this a bit like when pundits go into meltdown because a company has ONLY made £1billion profit this year as opposed to £1.2billion the year before.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game has Failed to meet any expectations by EA. EA will put no more money into a Failing product. Therefore expect no more Major Content ever for this game.

    Maybe 2 to 3 more Maps and that's it.

    I know BFV has not met expectations on sales or player reaction but i assume EA have still made a decent amount of profit? Is this a bit like when pundits go into meltdown because a company has ONLY made £1billion profit this year as opposed to £1.2billion the year before.


    Crazier things have happened like this week when Blizzard fired 750 people but made profit for 2018.
  • parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    Respectfully, Westie is a bonehead and a paid advertiser for EA. Did he mention the game sold 7 million...at HALF PRICE ?????? And still couldn't meet it's mark. So, that's very bad. Particularly when those who did buy it, now ranks BF V number 21 most played games at Xbox...at half price.

    Gotta agree with that ^, @Tip_the_Cap . Westie is a blatant shill. And yeah I heard the game sold something like 7million...but look at the consistent flow of new complaints day in day out since day 1.
    Some of those complaints are legitimate, but some are just childish whining. I was in a game two days ago where some guy was spamming the chat with his commentary about the female and minority characters being historically inaccurate. I was amazed there are still players who haven't moved past that yet, but I should have known better.

    The failed attempt to fix the network performance, that's worth complaining about. But an Asian female sniper in your British Army squad giving you tummy upset, puhlease.

  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It does not make sense, adding new factions will be very tempting to the nations that are represented for the gamers there to buy.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It does not make sense, adding new factions will be very tempting to the nations that are represented for the gamers there to buy.

    Well, an argument can probably be made, that they want to bring in many different factions (the French was mentioned on the post as an example), that may not have future maps that coincide with them.

    Which is to say, if the next dlc is say the American v Japanese maps, folks would only be limited to American and Japanese customization on those maps.

    By letting all the factions fight on the allied side, they can open up many more countries. So, a case can be made a COD WW2 like model, can be what they're going for here. I think that would be awful, but would make sense from DICEs point of view, if they want to make money on customizations.
  • SirSpectacle
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you think this is "news" you haven't been paying attention. All the smart people have known this since summer.
  • heresPaul
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now id take british wearing red army uniform fighting germans wearing a loin cloth on iwo jima because at least it means theyve made it!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1375 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you think this is "news" you haven't been paying attention. All the smart people have known this since summer.

    Hm, well in "smart" i suppose you mean more "up to date" in what's been up DICEs sleeve since summer.

    However, i think we can agree, A LOT has changed since summer, and at this point, i still don't think we know exactly what they're doing...on this issue, and very many other matters.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Humpday15 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread makes me nervous about what the future of this game will be like. I've waited for a WW2 BF game for many years and now that I have one, it is just going to die quickly? Oh man I hope for a major come back like BF4.

    Dig your hopes. The problem(s) of BF 4 were tecnical nature but the gameplay it s and everything around it had the potential right from the start. BF V was already rotten at release. A horrible UI, just two factions, no WW2 immersion, small, boring maps, no balance. And no real content for the last six months worth the name. Because no - i dont see Guns from BF 1 as new content.
  • PoppaPappo
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    Humpday15 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread makes me nervous about what the future of this game will be like. I've waited for a WW2 BF game for many years and now that I have one, it is just going to die quickly? Oh man I hope for a major come back like BF4.

    Dig your hopes. The problem(s) of BF 4 were tecnical nature but the gameplay it s and everything around it had the potential right from the start. BF V was already rotten at release. A horrible UI, just two factions, no WW2 immersion, small, boring maps, no balance. And no real content for the last six months worth the name. Because no - i dont see Guns from BF 1 as new content.

    Of course there’s been “no real content for the last six months.” The games only been out since mid November. That’s only three (3) months! Jeebus, why does everything have to devolve to histrionics and melodramatic exaggerations.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    heresPaul wrote: »
    Right now id take british wearing red army uniform fighting germans wearing a loin cloth on iwo jima

    Uh......why not? People are calling for Russians, USA, Pacific Theatre....But I thought this game isn't supposed to be historically accurate in the slightest -- An argument everyone who was fine with da wamens made everytime around launch.

    Then there was Dice who said that this game was their own little spin on WW2 -- Which I reckon was their way of saying that we're proooooobably not gonna get USA or Pacific Theatre.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still the official artbook has Pacific Theatre related stuff and american soldiers in it.
    I'm much more worried about the Russkies.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    That was from October 2018, apparently.

    Well that was just before launch when all of this was probably finished. Did they change their stance, being i never knew about this.

    Well, this thread is the first time I heard about any of it....if it was probably true, word of it would've been more widespread.

    Won't lie though....USA, Japan, Russia, Italy........I just can't see it happening. USA and Japan alone would both require so much work for this rather unsuccessful game.

    This game is not as unsuccessful from a sales standpoint as many are making it. It's just not as well as other BF's. Westie did a video on the subject. You should check it out, it's fairly new and on his YouTube Channel.

    Respectfully, Westie is a bonehead and a paid advertiser for EA. Did he mention the game sold 7 million...at HALF PRICE ?????? And still couldn't meet it's mark. So, that's very bad. Particularly when those who did buy it, now ranks BF V number 21 most played games at Xbox...at half price.

    I'm just saying I don't think it's done so poorly that they are going to start pulling resources and content. If they do I am going to raise hell. It'll mean I'm be done with BF, and Dice.

    Well, if you have a game that has to be cut half price out of the gate, and, no Premium that seemingly doubles the price of a full priced game, they took i feel an unsustainable hit.

    I mean hell, we were talking about Activision, and BO 4 hit record sales. But, they know they were gonna hit record sales given emerging markets, and new gamers. It always happens. The question though, was those record sales their "expectations", and that's the key word.

    Where as, that's what companies base their future investments on, and BO 4, and other titles there missed the cut. And so even with record profits, 800 folks got the pink slips. And the reason why stocks went up after that news, is investors felt those layoffs could mitigate their losses of future investments.

    So, in short, DICE is in a very bad place, and more so, in that APEX is doing extremely well, and giving EA their momentum. And the problem comes when EA has to decide where to allocate funds, or if in fact, another DICE title may send investors running for cover, and dumping stocks, being it may ruin the momentum.

    So, we just have to see, but i wouldn't listen to Westie by a long shot lol. I go to him if i want to see what new content is on the drawing board. Not in how a game may be doing, or his opinions about games.

    Your right, they are in a tough spot. The powers that be can either stick with it, and try to salvage this thing in order to retain their customer base, or in Dice's case lose this part of the market. There a **** ton of people who want to play period shooters and shooters in general. If they back out now someone else will step in and steal this part of the market for console players.

    If I were a smart business owner or investor i'd be looking at this situation very closely. May already be making plans. Hell, Dice would have already done the heavy lifting for them. Can you say instant market, and basic game structure? They could just make a complete copy of bf4 and place it in any setting, and win big time.

    Well who knows, maybe Apex can be good news, if EA wants use resources from that fortune (but, we'll have to wait to see what happens there), and put it towards DICE studios. That may help. So we just have to see..and hope.

    I mean, if i don't have BF, even if this title flopped, i don't know of any war games on console i'd want to play in the future. So, lets hope it works, if not for my selfish reasons lol.

    Yea man, I would be so disappointed if this completely fails. I love WW2, and period shooters more than anything.

    BTW, Westie tore them a new **** ( in his nice Westie way) just today for, Combined Arms. He makes them look pretty stupid, lol.

    Yeah, but that's what i mean. Did you see how many posts there were about Combined Arms? I mean people care about the mode obviously one way or another, and obviously what he said was wrong, that it should have came out in November for noobs, and that now it's too late.

    Well, were all those posts at reddit and here, new players? No, but they were looking forward to the mode.

    Westie and those you tubers, want to END sp. That's what they're about, and in DICE listening their counsel, has quite frankly killed this game.

    So DICE should shut them out of any decision making.

    Like i said, it's good to go there, to see what upcoming dlc may be, and release dates and things like that.

    But reviews, and certainly sales info, is totally out of bounds with them with me. EA is a 14 billion dollar company. To rely on wet behind the ears twenty something you tubers for advertising, or to make decisions based on their counsel, is just assanine. But these are just my opinions.

    Honestly single player should be left out of any future BF title. Just give us the best Mp experience we've ever gotten. That can't happen if SP is still part of the equation.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!