Tank Hit Indicators = Broken?

GENERALONGDONG
403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else noticing when you're in a tank and get hit sometimes the hit indicators are showing in directions where there are no enemies? Had it a few times tonight on Panzerstorm with indicators saying someone was hitting me from behind but nobody there. :|

Comments

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, constantly.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Yea I’m having weird things happening since update.
    Hits not showing. Glitching. Self heal doesn’t work half the time.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, and the good old, shooting into a tank several times and doing 0 dam.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did I miss with all 3 panzerfaust rockets at close range? or did they not register.. it looks as though perhaps the second one flew right over, but I can't really tell if it was a bug or not... (I realize this is different than what OP describes, but still think it is on topic)
    ===
  • DukeSan27
    1107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Did I miss with all 3 panzerfaust rockets at close range? or did they not register.. it looks as though perhaps the second one flew right over, but I can't really tell if it was a bug or not... (I realize this is different than what OP describes, but still think it is on topic)
    ===

You missed. At this close distance there is no compensation required for drop.
  • ElToroFFM
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The other day I shot with the Autocannon on a P38T at a bigger Tank (Churchill) and din't get any hit indicators. Anyone else encounter the problem?
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElToroFFM wrote: »
    The other day I shot with the Autocannon on a P38T at a bigger Tank (Churchill) and din't get any hit indicators. Anyone else encounter the problem?

Not 100% sure but they might well have changed the damage models. I was in a staghound with a wirbelwind (4 cannon version) shooting at me and it wasn't doing any damage to me either. So they might well have made some changes to what weapons can damage armour.

The autocannon on the light tank is more for infantry kills so they might have stopped it doing damage to heavier tanks.
  • Santini3
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I’m having weird things happening since update.
    Hits not showing. Glitching. Self heal doesn’t work half the time.

Are you talking about tank or infantry play here?
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    ===

You have packet loss
    It’s evident by the icons in top right corner
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else noticing when you're in a tank and get hit sometimes the hit indicators are showing in directions where there are no enemies? Had it a few times tonight on Panzerstorm with indicators saying someone was hitting me from behind but nobody there. :|

All hit indicators are broken and have been since the prior patch to the one we just got.

You get shot from behind but actually hit from the front according to the indicators. Ironically its happening with planes too though i would assume thats more down to the way planes and their flight mechanics interact.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    THE 20mm autocannon now does ZERO damage against tanks.

It was on purpose.

That's why you're not getting hit-markers.