Will you buy next BF title made by DICE?

Vycinas2
932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As for me enough is enough I ve been with this franchise since early 2009, and I am very disappointed to see how it goes down a hill with every release. I cant speak for any BF games prior 2009, and even though we remember past titles were a lot better than their successor they werent that perfect.

For me biggest problem is how detached DICE is from their player base. Buffs/nerfs no one asked for, patches that fix nothing, netcode with lag compensation - are you flipping kidding me ? Lack of their input on their own forums (do not tell me oh but we re reading threads and cant always reply) if you were reading threads you would make an effort to reply, its your game and we are your community. All the latest info gets posted on twitter or reddit, pathetic.
170h into this game and I am bored to death, there is no reason to play this game. I ll stick around for a bit, but not for long.

Comments

• narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given the next BF game hasn't even been announced yet and we know nothing about it I can't say if I will buy it or not. I will say that I probably wont ever pre-order a game again after seeing how fast the price dropped on BF5. Hopefully BF5 continues to improve, and is a truly great game 6 months from now, but if things go south I'd be less likely to buy the next BF game. I'm really hoping for everything to work out though as I've always been a huge fan of BF since 1942.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say no, but I probably will because I'm a moron.
  • Santini3
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. I don't think the quality of the game goes down with each release besides maybe BFV which seemed rushed. But even though the "polish" of BFV isn't there I'm still enjoying myself while playing the game and I don't see that stopping any time soon unless they wait a year to release more than 1 new map.

Didn't BF3 and 4 both have really bad launches ? I skipped 3 and got into 4 extremely late so I don't remember. I loved BF1 and thought its quality was fine for a BF game.

People act like BF has been this top tier, bug-free AAA release in years prior when in reality it never was. I started playing the BF series when BF1942 first came out (yes... since the beginning) and I bought Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WW2 (the expansion packs) and let me tell you that game wasn't of extremely high quality. It was just fun. I then bought BF Vietnam. It was buggy and I remember certain features were a pain in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Didn't play it much.

I then bought BF2 when that came out for PC and loved it. Still, it was not as polished of a game as say the CoD or Medal of Honor franchises but it was infinitely more fun.

I guess what I'm trying to say is BF games are never perfect. They're never bug free. I think it might actually be impossible for everything to run exactly how DICE intends when you have such a big game with so many different things going on. At the end of the day what you gotta ask yourself is this: "Is this still battlefield? Am I still having fun playing war with infantry, aircraft and land vehicles all over the place and the chaos that comes with that?" My answer is "Yes and this is the only game I can find that experience in. So absolutely I am going to buy the next BF game by DICE (duh they're the ones who make BF)."

If your answer is no then maybe you should think about what you bought BFV for in the first place.

It's funny. The thing I miss the most from old BF games is something that almost NO ONE talks about and something that DICE seems to be abandoning and that something is: clan play. I miss my old BF1942 realism clan so God damn much and that clan is what made me love the series in the first place... But I digress...
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll wait and buy the complete package for 20 Euro or so next time. BF V is absolutely not worth the full price I paid on release. And I was dumb enough to buy the Deluxe Edition which turned out to be a cash-grab extraordinaire (tm).
  • SirBobdk
    4750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will buy it and probably spend a lot of time in the forum and complain about how bad it is.
    But who knows, maybe Dice will surprise and make a good game with good maps, without bugs and balance problems.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No because it will probably be modern and I like WW1 and 2 so I’ll stick with the last 2 which are great.
  • Kompura
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Of course I will be buying like all other whiners too. I've spent thousands of hours with Dice already so why stop now? Only death separates us.
  • Schperminator
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With a high probability yes.
    Dice games have great graphics, destructible environment, great sound and a good fighting atmosphere. Of course there will always be some kind of bugs, but the positive still outweighs for me.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only if I like it after playing the beta. Hated BF1 and BFV betas, and I was disappointed in the full games. What a coincidence, right?

But I'll definitely wait until it's on sale, instead of pre-ordering and paying full price like a chump.
  • markxocean
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will buy it when the new game released 2 weeks ago and it will be 50% off
  • Hawxxeye
    6867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will not buy it until several months afterwards so that the bugs have been ironed out.
    It will also be cheaper if it had similar launch disasters
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll have to wait and see the setting, and even then I won't buy it day 1.
    I will wait 4 to 6 months after release next time because I refuse to be a frustrated beta tester nor do I want to support half azz products.

• Santini3
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    markxocean wrote: »
    I will buy it when the new game released 2 weeks ago and it will be 50% off

I know you're a comedian and all but honestly these days we should all wait AT LEAST a week to buy any new game so that we can see what state the game is in.

Preordering is meaningless with digital download nowadays and lots of games come out unfinished.
  • ViolationofDerp
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna wait one year and then buy it for half the price or even less propably.
    Pre-odered the deluxe edition aswell and I'm super dissapointed, payed a high price, for a product which still is in beta status. In it's current state BF5 is just a mess and the recent patches didn't change anything (other than adding more bugs). So many things that frustrate me, every match I encounter around 10 bugs of some sort. Video games are supposed to be fun and enjoyable, BF5 is 20% fun and 80% annoyance and frustration. This is just a bad deal. I still believe this can be a good game, like BF4 was after a year, when they fixed the netcode (DICE LA pls!). Uninstalled yesterday, will come back in a couple month when, hopefully, all the major bugs are fixed.
  • olavafar
    2169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agree to recent posts. I will never preorder again given how they managed that this time. I will probably do as I did with BF4 which I bought long after release. I got a good game which by then was stable and it did not cost much.
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I cant find any war FPS anywhere close, i have tried insurgency and got refunds, I perfer the real war types like Bf1, Bfv, so i do hope for more wars, Im not really into all the futuristic nonsense,
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    As for me enough is enough I ve been with this franchise since early 2009, and I am very disappointed to see how it goes down a hill with every release. I cant speak for any BF games prior 2009, and even though we remember past titles were a lot better than their successor they werent that perfect.

For me biggest problem is how detached DICE is from their player base. Buffs/nerfs no one asked for, patches that fix nothing, netcode with lag compensation - are you flipping kidding me ? Lack of their input on their own forums (do not tell me oh but we re reading threads and cant always reply) if you were reading threads you would make an effort to reply, its your game and we are your community. All the latest info gets posted on twitter or reddit, pathetic.
    170h into this game and I am bored to death, there is no reason to play this game. I ll stick around for a bit, but not for long.

I think me and my friends after being fans for well over a decade are all sitting here at this point with the "we'll see" attitude.

They screwed up. They screwed up badly but for the most part i've enjoyed the other titles barring hardline, they had their flaws but they were fun for the most part (though BF1 tilted me far more significantly than the others).

Me and my friends agree that the most enjoyable battlefield in recent memory was either Bad Company 2 or BF3 and 4. We need them to go back to modern shooters and we need them to not gimp everyone else in favour of a squad centric foundation. It sounds great on paper, it sounds really cool to the more tactical and hardcore players but ultimately it sucks for the vast majority.

I would also like them to back off on the attrition system. Its boring, dull and poorly executed. Its even worse for tanks that get trolled simply by being on the map and attempting to get to the repair stations which often or not get booby trapped and you can't do anything about it (most of the time).

Fix both of these things and we're probably sold tbh.
  • beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It depends on the setting

If they go futuristic I will not buy the new game.