What happened to SMGs?

Dr_X2345
774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Since the patch, the SMGs feel really weak, much worse than they were pre-patch. I put like seven or eight bullets into a guy at about 20m with the MP-40 and didn't get a kill, because he was able to just turn around and shoot me despite the amount of bullets I'd put into him. I don't think it was a hit reg problem either, as in the same match I had very good hit reg with other weapons, and this was happening in multiple servers.
I'm guessing, or hoping that this wasn't an intentional change, as it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes at all, but even so it really needs to be fixed soon because it has made the Medic class almost unusable because the weapons are actually unable to kill people at their intended range, and this reflects on team composition - yesterday there were literally two medics in a game of about 64 players, and while I know it's not the most popular class, you normally get more players than 1 on each team.

Comments

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Since the patch, the SMGs feel really weak, much worse than they were pre-patch. I put like seven or eight bullets into a guy at about 20m with the MP-40 and didn't get a kill, because he was able to just turn around and shoot me despite the amount of bullets I'd put into him. I don't think it was a hit reg problem either, as in the same match I had very good hit reg with other weapons, and this was happening in multiple servers.
    I'm guessing, or hoping that this wasn't an intentional change, as it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes at all, but even so it really needs to be fixed soon because it has made the Medic class almost unusable because the weapons are actually unable to kill people at their intended range, and this reflects on team composition - yesterday there were literally two medics in a game of about 64 players, and while I know it's not the most popular class, you normally get more players than 1 on each team.

No SMGs are the same as pre patch apart that ZK horizontal recoil got nerfed, so back to useless smgs again. I noticed if someone you re shooting at starts ADAD spam (Left/right strafe) your bullets will not register if you follow the target. My money is on server performance and netcode. Your best bet is to record and watch those situations in slowmotion, then you can determine if server rejects your shots or you re actually missing your target.
  • Dr_X2345
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

No SMGs are the same as pre patch apart that ZK horizontal recoil got nerfed, so back to useless smgs again. I noticed if someone you re shooting at starts ADAD spam (Left/right strafe) your bullets will not register if you follow the target. My money is on server performance and netcode. Your best bet is to record and watch those situations in slowmotion, then you can determine if server rejects your shots or you re actually missing your target.

I know the patch notes didn't say anything about SMGs aside from the ZK, but they definitely feel weaker than before the patch for some reason. It could be server performance, although this did happen in multiple servers yesterday and the hit reg in those servers was good with other automatic weapons like the LMGs and MMGs which I was using.
  • Santini3
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly it's probably in your head. They felt fine to me on PS4.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Felt the opposite to me, the EMP felt like a monster last night... perhaps my bullets were actually registering for once.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hehe, the ZK without the rof increase must be the most horrible weapon in the game...=)
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just embrace the fact that Assault is the god-class in BFV and ignore Medics...

I dont think the classes will be further balanced at some point in this game... That train has long left the station...
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The SMGs are just as under-powered since launch nothing great about them and anything the SMGs can do an AR or LMG can do just as reliable.
    the "powerful Self-heal" is just a mantra assault keeps repeating to justify them getting the best of everything. the M1906SF is arguably the best CQC weapon in the game aside form Shot-guns.
    the M1A1 and Gewehr 1-5 should be moved to medic and the maybe we would see a decent alternative to the assault mob
  • Dr_X2345
    I think people have misunderstood what I meant in the post - Medic weapons feel significantly weaker than before the patch, at least for me. It might just be in my head, but Broken Machine noticed it as well in his stream yesterday. I will have to check the other weapons because I only really used the MP40 and the STEN yesterday, and as I hadn't played for a week or so it might just be that. And I was quite tired and frustrated, kept being put in awful matches where my team just couldn't play.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

useless SMGs? The MP28 is almost god tier in the right hands.
    MP 40 is also extremely good.
    Upgrade the suomi is very useful to.

The SMGs are still by far the weakest guns in the game but they are not useless.
  • Dr_X2345
    xeNizKing wrote: »

The SMGs are still by far the weakest guns in the game but they are not useless.

I don't get people who are like 'SMGs are terrible and unusable'. Are they trying to play Medic the same way as they did as in BF1? Because they are going to be bad at that range and playstyle, they're not DMRs. Sure, they might be weaker than Assault Rifles, but they're still good at short-mid range.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The smg:s are fine now, still hopeless at range but not that really stupid recoil making every other bullit miss to the side on the person you are aiming at.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »

Any higher rof smg is great for point blank to 20m, and slower firing smg's are pathetic as they can be easily outgunned by assault SAR. MP40 is decent just like Sten and I wouldnt call them extremely good.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I main medic and use the Sten,Mp40 and EMP exclusively.
    And I just played the medic class today for the first time since the patch and something feels definitely off with the Sten. It's not as accurate as it was before the patch and feels like it takes more bullets to kill.
    What's strange is the EMP now feels more accurate than before.

• Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hehe, the ZK without the rof increase must be the most horrible weapon in the game...=)

No way. Extremely accurate, and i keep spraying it with 40 bullets and almost no recoil...just aim for the head.
  • Dr_X2345
    I main medic and use the Sten,Mp40 and EMP exclusively.
    And I just played the medic class today for the first time since the patch and something feels definitely off with the Sten. It's not as accurate as it was before the patch and feels like it takes more bullets to kill.
    What's strange is the EMP now feels more accurate than before.

Someone else mentioned doing unusually well with the EMP earlier. But that's exactly what I meant - at least on the slightly longer-range SMGs, the BTK feels higher than before, which is not good.
  • Major_Pungspark
    513 in rof, with high damage drop off. Sure I went positive when I leveled up the wrong tree but the enemy really need to be horrible if you are gonna win a shootout.
  • Dr_X2345
    513 in rof, with high damage drop off. Sure I went positive when I leveled up the wrong tree but the enemy really need to be horrible if you are gonna win a shootout.

Which gun are you talking about?
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Could be the netcode changes. Don't know what it did, but something feels off. I'm noticing a lot more 'teleporting' players, and it's making shooting way more difficult than usual. That could be adding to your experience.

Hopefully Battle-Nonsense can take a look under the hood.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Could be the netcode changes. Don't know what it did, but something feels off. I'm noticing a lot more 'teleporting' players, and it's making shooting way more difficult than usual. That could be adding to your experience.

Hopefully Battle-Nonsense can take a look under the hood.

Could be.
    You never know with this game considering there's so many factors involved.... especially after a patch from these guys.
  • Major_Pungspark

Which gun are you talking about?

ZK, actually it had 514.