Will you buy next BF title made by DICE?

Comments

• xKusagamix
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Yes, i will buy it. But no more Pre-order Deluxe edition. It's disappointing for those "20 week airlift" buyers.

I'm having fun playing Battlefield V (well, at least at when i don't see any cheaters while playing), but this game need fixing, like a lot.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If it has FairFight and no team balancing then no. I'll try the beta and if the netcode is anything like BFV then no again.
  • D4rthGinge
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes! I love the games. Looking forward to the next.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will definitely NOT buy it on release. I learned my lesson.
  • ChiefSniper
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it won't have RSP/Dedicated Servers... absolutely not.
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will if it is something like BF3
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll have to wait and see the setting, and even then I won't buy it day 1.
    I will wait 4 to 6 months after release next time because I refuse to be a frustrated beta tester nor do I want to support half azz products.

This is the most frustrating thing about Battlefield, being a Beta tester. If I paid money for full game I expect it to be decent. I understand its not going to be bug free but DICE approach is one small toddler step forward and 4 giant steps backwards.

As much as I enjoyed BF3 (different account) and BF4, I was forced to play something else due to bugs and pointless patches. I dont really want to abandon Battlefield, nor I want it to fail but both EA and DICE needs to step up and provide a title thats actually worth calling AAA
  • Broliszibaila
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont care about BF anymore. Not going to buy and support these lazy devs who even wants to change the history and push nonsenses through the game.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't say until I have a significant amount of information about it. I can say that I will NEVER be pre-ordering again and Deluxe Edition is also something dead in the water for me.
  • tempo_rarity
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next one's Ultra Modern?
    'Darpa Dogs' and all that Autonomous Anarchy?
    Oh man count me in!

It'd be terrifying (aka Fun) to play such a current-tech BF 'Slaughterfield' .
  • Blackidus
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Probably, but no more pre-order or deluxe edition. I will most likely not buy it at realease either and wait a week or two and await reactions. I like BF5 and I still play it, the gameplay is excellent but there is so much stuff still missing. My preo-order deluxe edition whas just waste of money.

The setting of the game wont matter to me but i hope for either Vietnam of futuristic, if I want to play BF in a modern setting I can still go back and play BF3 or BF4. I just would like something completely different.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, i bought it for only 20 dollars (US), and for that, i personally wouldn't bother with a refund. For only 20 i didn't lose much, and maybe hope it could get better. If i paid full boat it def would have been refunded.

So, it's about price, and the era they choose to go too. If they go to say Bad Company 3-Cold War, i'll buy for the same 20 or 30 dollars, but unless i see major changes at DICE (and i mean major changes over there), i'll never pay full price again.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    I don't think I will. Half my deaths in the game are from one hit kills from all types of weapons (net code issues) but I noticed the same for BF1. Of which I played very little as I bought just before BFV came out.

Just don't feel like I'm doing much for my team dying like this. I mean I am no more than a 1.0 kdr player, but I play objectives and dying like that so much just takes the fun out of the game and doesn't help the team.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Depends of the "live service" in BFV...

If i feel that they abandoned us...

Surely i don't buy the next
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have purchased pretty much every game Dice has made for the past 17 years.... So most likely yes. Speaking of next titles, Dice tweeted about Battlefield Vietnam yesterday, just a random Tweet, completely out of the blue. I hope and prey that was a tease for their next game, or a hint at possibly a remastered add on. I haven't been able to stop thinking about that.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    While I understand this is under the context of "after BFV", this isn't BFV related and more general. That in mind I've moved it to OT.
  • ElliotLH
    6770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd buy the next one. Sure I find the bugs and other issues frustrating but I still enjoy playing for the most part.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, I will not. In my opinion Battlefield has gone down hill ever since Battlefield 1 launched. Battlefield 1 is a mediocre game with pretty graphics and Battlefield V is utter rubbish. Thankfully, I was able to receive a refund for it from Microsoft on my wife's account.

The last amazing game in this series was Battlefield 3, and Battlefield 4 was a pretty decent game too. I still play and enjoy both of these games with my friends to this day, which is possible due to Xbox's backwards compatibility program. I even load up Bad Company 2 and its Vietnam expansion from time to time.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    While I understand this is under the context of "after BFV", this isn't BFV related and more general. That in mind I've moved it to OT.

One can argue that this is related to bad performance of BFV and why people will or not buy next BF game.
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO unless they have server rentals that give a lot more power to the admins too run THERE rented servers. unlike the BF1 rented servers which were garbage.
    Again I say no at this point from Hardline on wards the game is dying and well deserved...
    ruined a great franchise