Why is it that people can claim vehicles when you can't even see them spawn?

MBT_Layzan
2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Has anyone got to the bottom of this, it happens randomly, but never at the start of a match. It seems to always work perfectly if you start a game, but if you come in late, or die you see players take vehicles and you don't see them even spawn?

Comments

• rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that it may be two things. The first seems like it was mentioned as being fixed in the new patch. That is the bug where your rag doll wouldn’t disappear when you died in a tank. Therefore the game doesn’t recognize you as being eligible to spawn in a tank again(or something like that - not sure exactly)

The second is that someone might be afk in the vehicle customization screen. So the vehicle doesn’t show as available in the spawn screen but after you arrive on the spawn screen they finally deploy which makes it look like they just grabbed a vehicle you didn’t get an opportunity to take yourself but in reality it was already taken before you got to the deploy screen.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed that the desync icon pops up if I highlight the spawn next to vehicle select and then I rarely get a chance to select but people are spawning in with vehicles. I think dice may have put a feature that limits vehicle selection to make sure people get a fair shot at vehicles. I wouldnt mind this if they only relayed this feature to the community so i am not waiting 10 mins for no reason.
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This happens regularly on Breakthrough. A new vehicle spawns in, even before their spawn points in the next sector appear on my screen.

Not a big deal (though rather annoying during this vehicle oriented ToW) but I do hope they fix it.
  • Hawxxeye
    7567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is one of the annoying DICEy things they have in BFV
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the issue have is that vehicles seem to go literally picoseconds after map comes up - i just cant for the life of me start in a vehicle,
    its like some people are using scripts
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This was a bug from day 1, respawn screen randomly stops updating vehicles state and also objective states, you can hear announcer saying that "Objective Dog was lost" but D is still shown as available to spawn. Same with vehicles, you just stop getting notifications for vehicle spawn.
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. This is the most annoying issue with BFV. Sometimes it is fixed when you respawn as infantry and then redeploy to force tbe minimap to update. But now there is a worst problem: yesterday when I was playing frontlines I got killed in a tank and COULDN'T respawn as tanker even though there were 3 available. What BS is this?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happened in BF1 too :(
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I think that it may be two things. The first seems like it was mentioned as being fixed in the new patch. That is the bug where your rag doll wouldn’t disappear when you died in a tank. Therefore the game doesn’t recognize you as being eligible to spawn in a tank again(or something like that - not sure exactly)

The second is that someone might be afk in the vehicle customization screen. So the vehicle doesn’t show as available in the spawn screen but after you arrive on the spawn screen they finally deploy which makes it look like they just grabbed a vehicle you didn’t get an opportunity to take yourself but in reality it was already taken before you got to the deploy screen.

You can't access any vehicle customization in game. You have to be in a menu to access those.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Never a problem when vehicles spawned on the map. And, you could clear mines being cheese placed over the vehicle spawns at the home base on air maps. Now you spawn into them, and blow up.
  • rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »

You can't access any vehicle customization in game. You have to be in a menu to access those.

You can access the vehicle customization screen from the deploy screen by selecting the vehicle spawn symbol and then clicking on customize.
  • ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    before patch i got in vehicle at least without much wait. now i don't even see chance yet they spawn and when i do click on 1 when it appears near instantly i still 1 in 5 attempts. pc and connection is a beast so i guess its down to dice and magic.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    And to think, it's the same developer that made 1942, which had aircraft carriers, subs, a butt load of tanks and Jeep's and planes and no one wasted time in a spawn screen.

That was 2002 and here we are 17 years later with machines and consoles so much more powerful with internet in the gigabytes for some and high mbs for most and our tanks spawning relies on a team capturing a flag for 1 tank.

It's just sad to think about 1942 and and other battlefield games and what they should have done with this game.

That's the price of customization.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    And to think, it's the same developer that made 1942, which had aircraft carriers, subs, a butt load of tanks and Jeep's and planes and no one wasted time in a spawn screen.

That was 2002 and here we are 17 years later with machines and consoles so much more powerful with internet in the gigabytes for some and high mbs for most and our tanks spawning relies on a team capturing a flag for 1 tank.

It's just sad to think about 1942 and and other battlefield games and what they should have done with this game.

I've just said almost the exact same thing. BFV is a far cry from BF1942. It may have superior graphics and mechanics but some of the..... spirit? is missing.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Has anyone ever gotten the flashing red screen at the top saying to the effect that unable to use the tank even though there is one available?
    At that’s with the closest home flag still under your control.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Has anyone ever gotten the flashing red screen at the top saying to the effect that unable to use the tank even though there is one available?
    At that’s with the closest home flag still under your control.

Yes, loads.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited February 2019
    How this bug or BS still exists in this game since their stupid change in how vehicles spawn is beyond me. Ever since this change, vehicles don't even show up yet others claim them, even when you do, they can go red either giving yet again to someone else, or it states you can't no longer spawn in this location.

Why change a perfectly fine spawn system used for most of your games to this junk. On this, you spawn and if a plane has laced mines over the area, you spawn and die. If we could have vehicles spawn into the map, we could see this kinda cheese and deal with it.

Players would man the AA more, rather than wait in the spawn system for a vehicle half the match.
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Noticed this since launch, more obvious for planes.
    To me, it happens like this:
    Everything works well at the start of round, once you got shot down, planes wont respawn(at least from your end), all your teammates can take the newly respawned planes, but not you.
    More specifically, it happens like this:
    At start, there are 2 planes, you take first one and teammate takes the other. If you got shot down, your "first" plane wont be available to you until the second plane is also lost.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Noticed this since launch, more obvious for planes.
    To me, it happens like this:
    Everything works well at the start of round, once you got shot down, planes wont respawn(at least from your end), all your teammates can take the newly respawned planes, but not you.
    More specifically, it happens like this:
    At start, there are 2 planes, you take first one and teammate takes the other. If you got shot down, your "first" plane wont be available to you until the second plane is also lost.

You are 100% right about it all working normally at a start of a round. However I've joined games half way in and it still happens then. And as you pointed out, after you die in say a tank, you watch others claim them and you can't even see them spawn.