SERIOUS visual glitch in squad spawn screen

TuxedoBanana279
345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After I die, the game usually shows me where my squad mates are from their perspective, but now there is white flashing effects. And it's really bad. Like, so bad people with epilepsy could be affected by it.

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are working on fixing it.
    It was confirmed on reddit
  • zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    How about they release a beta test of the patches before they do this to everyone. It’s their fault releasing a Game that was clearly not even tested very well or at all. What happens to making stable products before releasing it, not we pay 60 bucks or more for a unfinished game then have several gigs to update and still the game doesn’t function reliably. Mindset of developers has changed, put it out as fast as possible no matter the state of the games function or completion

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about they release a beta test of the patches before they do this to everyone. It’s their fault releasing a Game that was clearly not even tested very well or at all. What happens to making stable products before releasing it, not we pay 60 bucks or more for a unfinished game then have several gigs to update and still the game doesn’t function reliably. Mindset of developers has changed, put it out as fast as possible no matter the state of the games function or completion

I completely agree.
    This day in age of gaming for online shooters especially, is mostly disappointing.
    They either release buggy, packed with microtransactions or lack of content.
  • PuckersMcColon
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    Start tripping every time I die...
    >
    In a gadda da vida, honey
    Don't you know that I'm lovin' you
    <
    Must be super fantastic for those prone to seizures.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There I was thinking that my X was on the edge of dying. Thank God I was wrong.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a Non-Health Professional, I don’t know how this glitch would affect someone with epilepsy.

It’s definitely jarring, though. It happened on about 10-20% of my deaths, I’d estimate.

However, once I realized it vanished on respawn, it didn’t really bother me.

I guess my stance is that every patch is 3 steps forward and 1 step back. As long as there’s forward progress each time, I’m happy.

I played about 4 hours last night, and I didn’t experience the 1-shot death via pistol TTD bug. I’ll take a flashy screen over that any day (again...I don’t know about the impact on someone with epilepsy).

Aside from Rockstar, who is producing shooters that are both:
    1) Innovative?
    2) Bug-free?

Rockstar puts out a new game every 3-5 years, whereas the BF series has a new proper title every 1.5-2 years. I like the release schedule of the BF series better; 3 years is a long time to wait for a new shooter.

Based on what’s out there, I wonder if the games are just too complex now to release bug-free, assuming they don’t get 7-10 years to polish.

• adamsauve
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it this?