The ongoing Queuebot attack, Why wont EA do something?

Mangy_Dog
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
So this has been going on now for quite some time, and more recently its affecting more and more popular servers...
Isnt it about time EA actually do something about it and patch out the vulnerability that allows for this kind of attack?

This isnt new. People have been queuebot attacking servers for a good couple years... Its only now coming to the point where most servers are being attacked...

I would argue that EA is actually legally obligated to fix this issue. Not only to us who rent out the servers, but also to those hosters who buy the license from EA.
If EA does not fix the vulnerability that allows this kind of attack to happen then they are in breach of contract with the hosters by not providing the service fit for purpose.

I only wish I was a rich dog, who had the power to actually take EA to court and make them accountable...

Anyway, i really would like more noise being generated about this issue. Maybe it might make EA finally do something about it...

I realise why EA doesnt want to fix it. Because they would think it would drive people to BF5.... Well it isnt. We all know its crap. So we want to carry on playing BF4 which we enjoy.

Comments

• 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They dont care and they wont do anything to and for BF4, you can see how they scale down here in the forums to make more room for the BF1 and BFV "community" - the latest games they stil make some kind of money on.

But that said, I agree with you. They should fix it.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 17
    F1LdUNE.png

And that was back in april.. They won't fix it. It does not have their interest.
  • TheMadGiffer
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is just about impossible for me to get on a server anymore as I can't figure out which ones have players on it or not. I was told the BBlog would help with actual player count but it seems like that is incorrect as well unless I am missing something.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 17
    It is just about impossible for me to get on a server anymore as I can't figure out which ones have players on it or not. I was told the BBlog would help with actual player count but it seems like that is incorrect as well unless I am missing something.

Don't use the build in version of trueplayercounts, use the method from here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052
  • TheMadGiffer
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Don't use the build in version of trueplayercounts, use the method from here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1213052#Comment_1213052

Yeah, that was the one I followed. When I look at the plugin gallery for BBL I see "True Player Counts" enabled. Still seeing incorrect player totals. Any other ideas possibly?
  • TheMadGiffer

Also wanted to say that I have not had this issue before until a couple of days ago. I was always seeing correct counts and then just bang, all of them were hosed. I never had BBL before that I know of. Did something change in the last week?
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something is worse this last week but if you use battlelog and click view server and check the count I have not had an issue, just takes longer to get into a game.
  • tempo_rarity
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ Yep I use the old UI too .
    There are extra steps to get in , but NO aggravation .
    The best part of actually checking is sometimes I see Players in there that I'm pumped to Play with , or against :tongue:

I've always wondered how many of these 'Count Complaints' are from new UI users .
  • Marten2018
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlelog is an untrustworthy site, [Join the server] button code, I believe that many server owners share a considerable amount of money together.

These are not server providers, or are what we all have to bear, But EA still has nothing to do until now, even if you know who is the offender who is attacking, and are not willing to take legal action.

This is very disappointing.
  • GUNNY1966
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The suggestion I have is play in region specific servers with active communities, make some friends & enjoy the game!
    "GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES"
    GUNNY1966
    PC Users, If Your From The U.S. or Canada
    JOIN ME / US in TeamSpeak3
    LABEL: KILLEM & CHILLEM
    ADDRESS: 104.156.254.207:9144
    TeamSpeak3 Installation GUIDE:
    OR
    If Your NOT playing the game in TeamSpeak3 "YOUR MISSING OUT"
    NO PRO PLAYERS PLEASE!
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I use the old UI. mainly because I can communicate with my platoon/friends post a joke in my personal comments what ever, I think its a backstep from EA to implement something that looks like a playstation entry with few possibilities towards communication, - if not none.

• Marten2018
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I believe you do not know what I was saying, But only a screenshot is needed to illustrate the current situation.

This is a screenshot of last August.
    https://imgur.com/tYzII47

This is the current screenshot.
    https://imgur.com/a/C4WY88J

Can you understand what this means?

When we share server costs to maintain a monthly renewal, We hope to be able to complete our needs with a contract like 24/30.

Even if the game can be played at AM: 10:30 to AM:01:30 we can accept, But a few criminals from China.

Always see someone else's server slot full, these people will launch an attack.

Do you think this environment is acceptable?

This is the situation caused by [view source code], Because people only need to right click on the mouse to query the IP address.

Keyword:
    "ip":
    "port":

And [join the server] all the code, Are the tools that these hackers can use.

Don’t these EAs need to be responsible?