Weekly BF

Being able to pad stats in combined arms is silly

SunTzuTeachin
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 14
Please bring back Battlelog in it's entirety and no I will never go to a third party site to make up for EAs/dice laziness instead of copying fads like battle royal how about make more maps and bring battle log.. don't mix offline and online stats... Good Lord how out of touch are you to think less maps and no stats is a good idea

Comments

• FritzCT
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since KDR doesn't matter, this just cheapens the padding of KDR, which in my opinion, is a good thing. People can now go back to playing the game as intended instead of farming.

This
  • superteds
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    who actually cares about stats for christs sake.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »

People that are good at the game do.
    And this isn't meant to sound elitism or ignorant towards anyone.

I just notice across all competitive online shooters that I've played throughout the years, the players that usually don't care are the ones that don't play well. They play to have fun and don't care about their performance, and their is nothing wrong with that.
    Then the people that care about stats are generally good to great players always striving to play better and and working towards better stats and their is nothing wrong with that neither.

Then there are the few who are not good YET and want to get better stats and will one day, as long as they keep playing and don't give up.
  • TFBisquit
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh, I get what you mean. And true, I too prefer to have a positive k/d. Just for my own feeling. But 1 and above is well enough for me.
    So, in reality, your k/d could give you a good feeling, but overall it gives no benefit at all. When this game dies, it's all water under the bridge.
    Maybe those that don't care do have bad stats, but we used to play a round as is. Everything you achieved in that round was gone with the next one.
    So you could fool around, have some real fun, die a zillion times, and be serious the next round, ending on top of the scoreboard with 100+ kills.
    k/d and stats overall has caused alot of anger over the years, it derails the true meaning of a game, namely to play the objective.
    Ah, we used to have a flag capper who won the matches for us. He died the most though, few kills. But most caps and wins.
    That's what it's about.
  • StealthAria
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I just notice across all competitive online shooters that I've played throughout the years, the players that usually don't care are the ones that don't play well. They play to have fun and don't care about their performance, and their is nothing wrong with that.
    Then the people that care about stats are generally good to great players always striving to play better and and working towards better stats and their is nothing wrong with that neither.

Then there are the few who are not good YET and want to get better stats and will one day, as long as they keep playing and don't give up.

Except the stats don't track right in the first place and have always been affected by single-player.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

People who enjoy their stats?

Normally you’ll find the people who say ‘oh who cares about stats’ usually have abysmal stats themselves that they never get why someone else might admire theirs.
  • klawhammer
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do have crappy stats.
    I also think play the game for fun and don’t care.

If you care about your stats then go ahead and care, but why do you care about other people’s stats ?
    How does that effect you ?

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    klawhammer wrote: »
    I do have crappy stats.
    I also think play the game for fun and don’t care.

If you care about your stats then go ahead and care, but why do you care about other people’s stats ?
    How does that effect you ?

Yeah, that’s your view on it.. you play the game and have fun all you like chief nobody is stopping you.

Just respect other people’s rights to do as they please, stats matter to some, and not others.

Just because you don’t care about them, should that stop others from doing it? It’s a fair question :)
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've played a bunch of combined arms and my stats haven't changed a bit. Not in stats tracker nor in game.

Are people's KDRs really going up?
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If somebody can stomach 100 rounds of that snooze fest they probably deserve the stats.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If people were already that good at this game before CA came out, then their kills were in the tens of thousands. If you could only get 20 or so kills a game in CA, plus deal with all the loading times, how long would it take to even put a dent in the K/D score to make a noticeable difference?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Except the stats don't track right in the first place and have always been affected by single-player.

My stats are purely from multiplayer in this game. I don't play single player in most online shooters because they're are second thought and not made well..........except for Titanfall 2, they put love into that campaign.

Also i know people who have played single player and this new co-op mode and their stats have not changed at all from it.
  • superteds
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    James-MII wrote: »

People who enjoy their stats?

Normally you’ll find the people who say ‘oh who cares about stats’ usually have abysmal stats themselves that they never get why someone else might admire theirs.

mine aren't great, but they're not crappy either - https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/superteds/overview

i just find the whole stats mentality odd, i just play to win and have fun rather than watching counters tick up or down.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My stats are purely from multiplayer in this game. I don't play single player in most online shooters because they're are second thought and not made well..........except for Titanfall 2, they put love into that campaign.

Also i know people who have played single player and this new co-op mode and their stats have not changed at all from it.
    Not changed because they haven't played any MP after they played co-op. It didn't change for me either until I had played a few minutes of MP yesterday. (haven't played the game for over 10 days)
  • DingoKillr
    3636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I am average player I care about my stats, not yours. That is the issue here you look after yours and I will look after mine.

Why do players hack? To either troll or get good stats. If that makes those players invalid but what about those that have played against them are their stats still valid?

On Reddit and here they asking to see players profile why? Just so the can dismiss any valid point as meaningless.

If people stopped caring about other stats then we also have less bragging or bashing.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11029 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks up enemy stats before the game.

Oh man, this kid has a 1.32 kd (up from 1.25 as a result of CA). What am I to do?

Proceeds to wreck said kid throughout the match.

Ma, Ma! I destroyed a kd player today!
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I am average player I care about my stats, not yours. That is the issue here you look after yours and I will look after mine.

Why do players hack? To either troll or get good stats. If that makes those players invalid but what about those that have played against them are their stats still valid?

On Reddit and here they asking to see players profile why? Just so the can dismiss any valid point as meaningless.

If people stopped caring about other stats then we also have less bragging or bashing.

Ok and that's fine.
    I don't care about yours neither and nor once did i in either one of my post did i insinuate caring about ANOTHER players stats.