Bored Already - Does BFV have a long term future?

Comments

• Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I´m just waiting for the formula to crash and burn... really... I´d be very happy to see this game die.

I want a proper Battlefield, a "remastered" Battlefield 4 ANY DAY. You now see what many have been claiming: "This is not Battlefield"

It´s shallow generic ripoff from CoD pew pew arena.

I mean this game has smaller maps en masse for the most part. BF1 was an amazing BF game to me, and I see a couple of the haters out for that game too. All this game need was more maps, bigger maps, and a much better interface and ranking system. It's nothing like COD though. You got to be kidding.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After the resounding failure of BF1, DICE doubled down on yet another historic snorefest and another buggy release to boot. There is no way BFZzz continues to be “supported” as live service.” It’ll be more like “life support.” There are zombies running DICE and this franchise is done. EA will choose the cheaper to develop freemium titles and ditch the low return BF franchise. Game over for DICE. Roll credits.

Yeah the resounding failure that was the most popular BF game ever released. RIGHT lol. Tell us more about your objectively bad opinions.
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Without more content and RSP, it won't.

I think the ship has sailed unfortunately. The only thing that can bring it back is firestorm and if firestorm does well. The game has no streaming presence. Its never in the top 100 on twitch. Around 9pm EST two days ago, three hundred total viewers on twitch. That's terrible. Outside of Stodeh and Broken machine, no one is cracking over 1000 viewers on a stream on any platform.

The game just isn't appealing to a lot of gamers. Adding hardcore elements to the game was not a good move, imo. In a game where you can die by any and all BS, adding health attrition wasn't very smart. It made an already passive playerbase, more passive. As did the maps. The color palette for this game makes visibility very hard to see. Brights are super bright.

It's a fun game to play for me, but also a super frustrating one. even one does well in bfv, you don't feel it. It doesn't feel satisfying.
  • Catsonspeeed
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played BF4 for staggering 2700 hours. BF1 got 767 hours, and with BFV I'm sitting at 155 hours, and I'm really bored with it. Past 4 days I've played two rounds. Less than an hour. Battlefield has just lost the magic it once had. Just another generic shooter.

Because all the fun stuff to do is gone, and has been gone since BF1. I remember being able to grab a DMR and the EOD bot and just troll Recons as an Engineer, or I'd grab a Carbine, motion balls, and C4 and lay traps for enemies as a Recon. How about when RendeZooks were popular and you see pilots bailing out of their jets to shoot each other with rockets, then try to grab the enemy jet.

And assignments and medals tracked simultaneously so you didn't have to stop having fun to get unlocks. BF3 and BF4 weren't perfect. but they focused way more on fun and unique gameplay than historically authentic battles. You could also customize your weapons however you wanted to make it function exactly the way you wanted, like an ACOG, and heavy barrel for long range alongside a laser or something for hipfire. BF1 had garbage presets, and BFV has basically 2 "presets".

Damn, I'm just feeling so nostalgic now... and it's a pity that BFV is so garbage compared to that.

Yeah, I also miss the weapon customization from BF3 & 4. The weapons felt unique. AN-94, AEK-971, FAMAS, SCAR-H. They all felt so different, it's was so nice to learn to master them. And the attachments really made a difference. Compare all that to what we have now. A night and day difference.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lack of maps is going to be the big factor in this title. I am quite bored of the current ones, but I've played quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but realistically we aren't going to get anywhere near bf1's total map count.

Im taking a break from bfv until firestorm and the new map in March.

What I hope is that panzerstorm and any additional maps get incorporated into operations and breakthrough modes and not simply plonked into conquest.

Also I'd like to see custom servers with certain map rotations 24/7 etc. Like what we had in bf3 and 4. Just to stop it becoming monotonous.
  • obisearch
    772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well there's three main models they can go.
    Ubisoft model: listen, learn and improve the game.
    ActIvision model, cut jobs until you start to make profit.
    Ea model redirect resources from stalemate projects to something that makes more money.

I'm hoping for the ubisoft model but I'll put money on the Ea model... I wonder why.
    Bfv will continue to turn a profit, hence it DOES have a future. Just not Bright one......
  • Catsonspeeed
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Halcyon_Creed_N7

Yeah, I also miss the weapon customization from BF3 & 4, the weapons felt unique, like AN-94, AEK-971, Famas, Scar-H, they all felt different and it was fun trying to master them all. And the attachments really made a difference.

Compare all that to what we have now, a night and day difference.

For some reason I couldn't reply earlier. My post is waiting for an approval, eh.
  • Catsonspeeed
    I played BF4 for staggering 2700 hours. BF1 got 767 hours, and with BFV I'm sitting at 155 hours, and I'm really bored with it. Past 4 days I've played two rounds. Less than an hour. Battlefield has just lost the magic it once had. Just another generic shooter.

Because all the fun stuff to do is gone, and has been gone since BF1. I remember being able to grab a DMR and the EOD bot and just troll Recons as an Engineer, or I'd grab a Carbine, motion balls, and C4 and lay traps for enemies as a Recon. How about when RendeZooks were popular and you see pilots bailing out of their jets to shoot each other with rockets, then try to grab the enemy jet.

And assignments and medals tracked simultaneously so you didn't have to stop having fun to get unlocks. BF3 and BF4 weren't perfect. but they focused way more on fun and unique gameplay than historically authentic battles. You could also customize your weapons however you wanted to make it function exactly the way you wanted, like an ACOG, and heavy barrel for long range alongside a laser or something for hipfire. BF1 had garbage presets, and BFV has basically 2 "presets".

Damn, I'm just feeling so nostalgic now... and it's a pity that BFV is so garbage compared to that.

Yeah, I also miss the weapon customization from BF3 & 4. The weapons felt unique. AN-94, AEK-971, FAMAS, SCAR-H, they all felt different, and was great to try to master them all. And the attachments actually made a difference. Compare all that to what we have now. A night and day difference.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been well over a month since i last played - no sign of any new maps so no sign of me showing any interest atm. In the past week i've played BF3, BF4 and BF1 and had a lot of fun on each, something i never really felt with V tbh
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    Pelliy wrote: »

I think the ship has sailed unfortunately. The only thing that can bring it back is firestorm and if firestorm does well. The game has no streaming presence. Its never in the top 100 on twitch. Around 9pm EST two days ago, three hundred total viewers on twitch. That's terrible. Outside of Stodeh and Broken machine, no one is cracking over 1000 viewers on a stream on any platform.

The game just isn't appealing to a lot of gamers. Adding hardcore elements to the game was not a good move, imo. In a game where you can die by any and all BS, adding health attrition wasn't very smart. It made an already passive playerbase, more passive. As did the maps. The color palette for this game makes visibility very hard to see. Brights are super bright.

It's a fun game to play for me, but also a super frustrating one. even one does well in bfv, you don't feel it. It doesn't feel satisfying.

Even Stodeh hasn't been streaming BFV lately I believe. I haven't watched in a long time, but I still get notifications from Twitch on my phone. He's playing Apex now as far as I know.

I have a streamer friend who gained a lot of her followers while playing BF1. She never even bothered to pick up BFV.

The biggest problems with the game imo are the lack of class and weapon balance, a lot of bugs or seemingly missing features that make the game feel incomplete, and a lack of content or known plans for large content drops that will fix the current lacking content. These are things that make players drop the game or get bored.

I'm also sure some of the more "hardcore" features of the game also frustrate a lot of more casual gamers. Which further reduces the playerbase. Sure, this is closer to what Battlefield was built on in the earlier titles. The game was more "hardcore" back then. The thing is, while those were great games for those of use who enjoy that kind of thing, those games barely had any sales at all compared to more recent and more casual friendly BF titles.

Then, specifically regarding the longevity of the game, no RSP is a major factor. BF4 is still pretty well populated today because of player run servers and communities and, specific to PC, their stronger anti-cheat detection and active admins which can remove cheaters and other problem players.

At this point, for the game to really have a longterm future, DICE needs to start making some fast and major improvements to the game, or the battle royal mode has to be something amazing that draws in more players - which I'm pretty doubtful of.
  • Yokahu
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of course. It’s a great game!
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

Even Stodeh hasn't been streaming BFV lately I believe. I haven't watched in a long time, but I still get notifications from Twitch on my phone. He's playing Apex now as far as I know.

I have a streamer friend who gained a lot of her followers while playing BF1. She never even bothered to pick up BFV.

The biggest problems with the game imo are the lack of class and weapon balance, a lot of bugs or seemingly missing features that make the game feel incomplete, and a lack of content or known plans for large content drops that will fix the current lacking content. These are things that make players drop the game or get bored.

I'm also sure some of the more "hardcore" features of the game also frustrate a lot of more casual gamers. Which further reduces the playerbase. Sure, this is closer to what Battlefield was built on in the earlier titles. The game was more "hardcore" back then. The thing is, while those were great games for those of use who enjoy that kind of thing, those games barely had any sales at all compared to more recent and more casual friendly BF titles.

Then, specifically regarding the longevity of the game, no RSP is a major factor. BF4 is still pretty well populated today because of player run servers and communities and, specific to PC, their stronger anti-cheat detection and active admins which can remove cheaters and other problem players.

At this point, for the game to really have a longterm future, DICE needs to start making some fast and major improvements to the game, or the battle royal mode has to be something amazing that draws in more players - which I'm pretty doubtful of.

That's why I don't understand why people say nonsense like "You never played BF2 or BF1942 have you? This is battlefield."

No. It was battlefield. It 's not battlefield anymore. What's funny that Apex has a respawn thing which makes the BR more forgiving on top of it being in squads which is forgiving already with a revive mechanism being available. Now, Fortnite is experimenting with the respawn feature.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    iám also bored already. Don't get me wrong, i love BFV, and honostly i think is the best BF game to date, but.... it needs content, and under ''content'' i understand M A P S, weapons and new fractions. IS THAT TOO MUCH to ask EA-DICE???
  • RefugeASSASSIN
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am one of the people in the camp that really enjoyed BF1, however I can see why many people didnt like it but thats another argument. I really was having a lot of fun with BFV and thought that despite its shortcomings and the fact that it has like 1/3rd of the release content that BF1 had it was still fun, that is until this last weekend when none of the people I normally run with were on. I tried to just pub it solo and never made it past 2 rounds before I shut it off and went to watch TV. The netcode feels much worse after this last patch for sure which doesn't help. The game needs fixed, and just as importantly it needs CONTENT ASAP.

Now that all being said im willing to bet the lack of content is a direct result of having people resources focusing on the Battle Royal mode, of which I really have no desire to play. Honestly if the normal group of friends I play with dont play it I doubt ill even bother trying it. This game mode is draining the rest of the product and it shows. Hell my other gripe I have is that this game is a WW2 shooter that honestly doesnt even feel like it takes place in WW2! It just feels like a shooter, nothing more. I get that they wanted to do a progression of the war from start to finish, but by the time we get to 1941 or 42 and many of the visual aspects we have come to expect of a WW2 shooter like American and Russian forces and locales, the game will be running on fumes with a small playerbase that is further fragmented by half the people playing BR instead of normal BF. While I know places like Norway played a part in the war, I really could care less. its not Iconic and it doesn't feel like WW2.
  • Soulbreeze
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think their content delivery system will be partially at fault for it's lack of longevity. Trickling in a map or weapon here and there won't bring people back in to play. The larger chunks of content we knew before where we'd get a closet of new weapons and 4-5 maps at a time was worth coming back for so you could check it all out. I doubt anyone who's bored is going to see 1 new map and be like "I gotta get on there this weekend". Not like they can just play that one map anyway with no RSP for 24/7 servers.
  • hawkseye17
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not at this rate. Unless BFV does a complete 180 it is headed straight for the gaming cemetery
  • oldmanknockers
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I really don’t get the thinking behind some of their decisions.

Why have they not made any “real money” purchases available at all. Thought they were money grubbers. And even if they were available, do they think people would be whipping out their wallets to get a pair of blue-hued pants with a cargo pocket or the same thing in a green or brown hue. Boring.

If they are planning on battle royals really bringing in sales, it will have to be amazing (unlike anything else they have delivered to this point). Why would someone spend $40 for a battle royals when the best of those games are free?
  • Woodlbrad
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope not while assault remains overpowered they have no weaknesses ppl arent going to stick around for assaultfield 5 its a complete train wreck when it comes to balance. Dice will be shut down along with bioware ppl arent going to keep buying this half finished garbage.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Nope not while assault remains overpowered they have no weaknesses ppl arent going to stick around for assaultfield 5 its a complete train wreck when it comes to balance. Dice will be shut down along with bioware ppl arent going to keep buying this half finished garbage.

I don't think the problem is that assault is so good, it's that 2/3 of the other classes are pretty lacking in ability. There needs to be all-kit weapons, like DMR's and shotguns were in the past. Also, recon needs something other than a beacon (useless because recon is not a great squad player usually) and 1x flare which always gets shot down, and is nothing compared to TUGS and MAV. Dynamite maybe, as they had C4 in the past? With medic, the problem is they split assault into medic and assault and didn't really flesh out medic, other than "here's the medkit good luck". With support, they took mortar away (I'm kind meh about mortar anyhow), but gave them all the engineer abilities also, so they're in a pretty good spot. They tried to keep the roles realistic to the war I suppose, but it didn't work out too well. With that said, I find it much easier to top the charts as support and recon compared to assault, because with assault I'm going after vehicles which is always a risky proposition.