TD based on the Tiger?

M_Rat13
919 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Would it be possible to have a TD based on the Tiger? As of now (or soon in the case of the Archer) we have (or will have) TD models based on the Valentine, Panzer IV and Churchill. Yet, we don't have the equivalent of the Tiger, that would like up with the Churchill gun carrier.

There's even two routes you could choose, the Jadgtiger, or the Ferdinand. Neither is admittedly a perfect fit, but they do exist. Right now, tank balance just seems extremely lop sided, IMO.

What are peoples thoughts on the matter?

Side note: Also, we at least have the Hetzer for the 38t TD, and hopefully we could find a Staghound counterpart, then all tanks could have TD variants. It's a nice thought to have.

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes let's add a load of turret less tank destroyers to camp and shoot tanks from a cross the map.
  • M_Rat13
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes let's add a load of turret less tank destroyers to camp and shoot tanks from a cross the map.

Don't worry, when we get Russian tanks, it'll be YOLO all day and all night ;)
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    there is Sturmtiger already.
  • M_Rat13
    there is Sturmtiger already.

It's a reinforcement tank though. I'm talking about a Churchill Gun Carrier counterpart.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The elephant tank or Ferdinand as it's proper name ia would be a good addition.
  • M_Rat13
    The elephant tank or Ferdinand as it's proper name ia would be a good addition.

Actually, both are correct, depending on which specific model you are talking about. One is just the upgrade of the other (cant remember which way round it is though, I'll have to check). I just use the Ferdinand definition as it's easier for me to remember becuase it's the name of it's designer. Oh, and the fact that's what it's called in WoT, last time I checked.
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    Tiger based based tank destroyer would be the Jadgtiger, a big slow target. The Jagdpanzer IV would be a nice addition, low profile and was good at its job. Jadgepanther would be another large option. Problem is the maps are just to small for these to really be useful.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on asking for anything, any extra content coming was long decided and already in the works.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WE will never see it but going by the aesthetic and performance: the Jagdpanther.
  • M_Rat13
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    WE will never see it but going by the aesthetic and performance: the Jagdpanther.

Well, we could possibly get the Panther as another 'heavy' tank option, which would then allow the Jagdpanther to be added.
  • lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo we should see the panzermaus VIII as a behemoth type thing- losing team gets to drive slowly around in a giant tank that shoots shells that have a ½V1 rocket blast radius lol. Wouldn't that be cool? (Other than the fact it'd have assault mains drooling at the mouth)