Population Died off Quickly?

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve purchased a lot of games in my 42 years of video gaming (first machine was a pong playing console back in around 1977) and the only game I’ve ever bought that I would describe as broken and unplayable on release was BF4. BFV is damn near perfect compared to the steaming turf that one was on release.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    ENKkii87 wrote: »
    Because people are not happy that they've bought a f2p game. This really should have been a f2p game that monetized on cosmetics

Takeaway the upgrade system on guns and customization and you're left with a barebones game. I'm sure the devs worked hard but as a customer I am not impressed with what I bought and don't care for any excuses they may have for this game.

Why is barebones? It isn’t but the people who cried about paid DLC have a lot to answer for as it could have been so much more. As it stands I feel I’ve more than had my money’s worth out of it and will be playing it for a good time yet.
    Bs companies have been cutting content for a long time now and still are demanding 60bucks if we are lucky and then demand we pay for the rest of the game in DLC which is wrong. Star Wars battle front comes to mind. Now we get buggy games that don’t even pass. As a beta tested game with virtually no content at all with micro transactions for the rest of the content with a deluxe prices for games running 80-150 bucks so knock that nonsense off about people scream and complaining. Let’s sell you a new car with no wheels or transmission as a standard package and another 10gs for the feast of the car and a DLC fee for your warranty. Customers are given horribly functioning games with no content and then developers demand more then 60 bucks to get the rest of the game in dlcs

No people are just entitled nowadays. They don’t want to pay for anything regardless of the work that’s gone into it.
    This crying about DLC is a newish phenomenon, never used to happen. Back in the day people couldn’t wait to get the newest map packs and DLCs. They paid the, pretty cheap price, and enjoyed it rather than whinging that they couldn’t play because they didn’t have the same content.

As far as the car analogy goes it’s wrong. It would be people complaining that they haven’t got the optional extras on their car that others have because they wouldn’t pay for them.
    DLC has always been an optional extra. Either buy it and enjoy it or don’t. But don’t whinge about it.

Dude you must be really new to gaming in general. This game is so lacking in content it's ridiculous. Even compared to other bfs it's a joke and now they're rolling out "content" that should have been in the game already and guess what? We work for it. After a days work I don't expect to work for content mate.

Stop being a low standards consumer. I doubt you even drive.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I don’t get the “non-functioning,” “barebones content” comments either. They seem like a lot of hyperbole and dramatics.

Based on my playtime, this game has cost me about $0.66 per hour to play.

I am confident that I don’t have as many hours logged as most - especially some of this game’s harshest critics - so the game is even more cost-effective for them.

I’ve said it many, many times before, but video games have cost at least $60 since 1991 (they dropped to $50 during the Xbox cycle, but then went back up for the 360).

The content we get in 2019 blows away what we got in 1991, not even accounting for inflation.

Being happy to play this game for x amoit of.hours just shows you are easily.please to part with money for less. It doesn't actually equate to worth.

This game is one of the most minimal content bfs to date.

Next bf will probably have 3 maps, 5 weapons and 2 classes and you'll lap it up for hours. It's hilarious.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As usual @Aflag666 your points are very profound.

I think this is really all about a persons perspective. I have tons and tons of hours in BF5 and can tell you that I have experienced faaaar more than $60 worth of entertainment from the title. Furthermore I’ve made good friends with folks because of this game (priceless), and have to ask the question....where else in life can you get this much fun, entertainment, and friendship, for $60 bucks.

Movies? No that’s $20 for 2 hours and how many bad movies have we all sat through?

Concerts? We pay $60 for a 2-3 hour experience....

Golf? No that’s $60 bucks for 4 hours and 18 holes...

I’m just saying as far as value for your money there’s nothing that compares to AAA game titles and the amount of time of entertainment we get.

Even with all this games problems, which I have complained about too, I will never understand people saying they were ripped off?

I come from the days of growing up with Atari, Commodore 64, and the original Nintendo. In those days we paid the same amount of money then...I think the Legend of Zelda was $50.00. Take inflation and everything else and we’re at $60-$70 bucks now.

Back then I would have said the same thing, I got so many hours out of games like Zelda, Metroid, Contra, etc. and was happy to use my allowance and yard mowing money to buy these games and to me they were worth every penny.

Then to realize how far gaming has come since the days of misfile command...my mind is absolutely blown at what’s possible. 64 players all playing at once able to kill each other? Amazing.

My feeling is most of the people who make these arguments are the younger generation who started when games were at a much further technological level and therefore their expectations are not based on well rounded perspective.

@Aflag666 you also bring up some great points about waiting to buy a title until a few weeks after release. This would be a game changer and I think would force the devs to put forth their best work at release time.
  • ENKkii87
    People are entitled to their opinion but this is the most lacking bf to date.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    I don’t get the “non-functioning,” “barebones content” comments either. They seem like a lot of hyperbole and dramatics.

Based on my playtime, this game has cost me about $0.66 per hour to play.

I am confident that I don’t have as many hours logged as most - especially some of this game’s harshest critics - so the game is even more cost-effective for them.

I’ve said it many, many times before, but video games have cost at least $60 since 1991 (they dropped to $50 during the Xbox cycle, but then went back up for the 360).

The content we get in 2019 blows away what we got in 1991, not even accounting for inflation.

Being happy to play this game for x amoit of.hours just shows you are easily.please to part with money for less. It doesn't actually equate to worth.

This game is one of the most minimal content bfs to date.

Next bf will probably have 3 maps, 5 weapons and 2 classes and you'll lap it up for hours. It's hilarious.

Yes, you are correct. I am happy to part with my money for this game at $0.66 per hour.

I literally cannot go to The Dollar Store and find an item that provides equivalent cost per hour satisfaction, let alone any store on the planet.

You complain about content, but I just can’t find your argument.

BFV features 4 classes, as does every previous Battlefield title.

The maps are pretty typical for a Battlefield title, too:

BFV: 9 maps (more free ones coming?)
    BF1: 10 maps
    BFH: 9 maps
    BF4: 10 maps
    BF3: 9 maps (I think the 4 Karkand maps were free with preorder???)
    BFBC2: 12 maps (but only 10 for CQ)
    BFBC1: 8 maps
    BF2: 8 maps

Is it the number of guns? Is that the sticking point? BF4 had just over 60 primary weapons. BFV has over 30, with more to be released. So there’s definitely a drop off there....but....how many guns existed in 1945?

Is it the game modes, because I think they’re pretty similar to other BF games? Is it that there’s no hardcore?

It’s just hard to have constructive conversation when you say, “There’s no content!” but then don’t explain. That’s all.

• zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone will have their own idea of what’s worth their time but for anyone to say this battlefield wasn’t lacking on contents significantly and more bugs then a AAA should have. I hate to see what they consider a bad game if this is acceptable
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Everyone will have their own idea of what’s worth their time but for anyone to say this battlefield wasn’t lacking on contents significantly and more bugs then a AAA should have. I hate to see what they consider a bad game if this is acceptable

I think a big part of the debate is that everyone has such varied experiences. In a thread I started a bit ago, a guy posted 3 different videos of his game black-screening or getting stuck on the loading screen since the new patch.

That’s unacceptable. You shouldn’t have to restart your game 3x in one session just to play.

I’m lucky that I haven’t had these freezes and crashes (one crash so far in 120 hours). My game runs great, and I often feel like a crazy person when I read some of these posts, and I say, “What am I not seeing?!?”

I’d be really frustrated, however, if my experience was like the ones I read about so often. I wish everyone could experience the game running at its best.

As far as content goes, BFV seems fine to me. A few more guns would be great; I hope they keep releasing them regularly (I just don’t have to time to play ToW Unlockfield and Battlefield V in the same week).

I will say that since I only play infantry, I can’t speak about the number of vehicles; I never use them. Maybe they’re down, too.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its been dead, deservingly so
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because people are not happy that they've bought a f2p game. This really should have been a f2p game that monetized on cosmetics

Takeaway the upgrade system on guns and customization and you're left with a barebones game. I'm sure the devs worked hard but as a customer I am not impressed with what I bought and don't care for any excuses they may have for this game.

Why is barebones? It isn’t but the people who cried about paid DLC have a lot to answer for as it could have been so much more. As it stands I feel I’ve more than had my money’s worth out of it and will be playing it for a good time yet.
    Bs companies have been cutting content for a long time now and still are demanding 60bucks if we are lucky and then demand we pay for the rest of the game in DLC which is wrong. Star Wars battle front comes to mind. Now we get buggy games that don’t even pass. As a beta tested game with virtually no content at all with micro transactions for the rest of the content with a deluxe prices for games running 80-150 bucks so knock that nonsense off about people scream and complaining. Let’s sell you a new car with no wheels or transmission as a standard package and another 10gs for the feast of the car and a DLC fee for your warranty. Customers are given horribly functioning games with no content and then developers demand more then 60 bucks to get the rest of the game in dlcs

No people are just entitled nowadays. They don’t want to pay for anything regardless of the work that’s gone into it.
    This crying about DLC is a newish phenomenon, never used to happen. Back in the day people couldn’t wait to get the newest map packs and DLCs. They paid the, pretty cheap price, and enjoyed it rather than whinging that they couldn’t play because they didn’t have the same content.

As far as the car analogy goes it’s wrong. It would be people complaining that they haven’t got the optional extras on their car that others have because they wouldn’t pay for them.
    DLC has always been an optional extra. Either buy it and enjoy it or don’t. But don’t whinge about it.

Dude you must be really new to gaming in general. This game is so lacking in content it's ridiculous. Even compared to other bfs it's a joke and now they're rolling out "content" that should have been in the game already and guess what? We work for it. After a days work I don't expect to work for content mate.

My video gaming started in 1976 and has run through consoles, PC, handhelds you name it. So no I don’t agree with you at all I don’t find there to be a lack of content compared to other BF titles of which I’ve played everyone except 2142.
    The problem will be in the future as the crybabies forced the removal of the paid DLC model which worked fine for those of us who weren’t entitled and expecting everything for free.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GSGFawcett wrote: »
    Could it just be people chasing their "Tides of war" awards? They generally focus on a specific game type, so people will be playing those modes instead..just a thought
    Yes. Most likely. I'm a TOW chaser and have no problem getting into matches.
  • zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    GSGFawcett wrote: »
    Could it just be people chasing their "Tides of war" awards? They generally focus on a specific game type, so people will be playing those modes instead..just a thought
    Yes. Most likely. I'm a TOW chaser and have no problem getting into matches.

I can get into the matches but with the stupid server nonsense today makes it unplayable much less enjoyable. Massive packet lost and slingshotting all over the map and people showing up out of no where and you die 20-30 seconds later
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a lot of time played so game is starting to get stale for me but I think that's honestly just for the sheer time played that I have. I've really enjoyed most of the game. Yes there are bugs/glitches that I keep having but overall it's been a lot of fun but I think my playtime is slowly declining more and more and I see myself playing Apex Legends more for a different experience. I still think when they add more content it will pull more towards battlefield more just cause so far i'm not hugely impressed with Apex mainly cause I'm hot garbage at it. Battlefield being a paid game and Apex being free to play pulled a lot of players away which is understandable. I honestly think that still would of happened even if Battlefield was an amazing game with no bugs.
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think many have already moved on to other games.
    Most of my friends are on apex
  • xmat123x
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the game's too "hardcore" for the average player? They did mention that raising the TTK back to BF1 levels was for player retention but after reverting the change, casuals just left? Battlefield isn't the only game in town and it really feels like Apex just ate its lunch especially since DICE's BR mode isn't even out yet.
  • Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

I come from the days of growing up with Atari, Commodore 64, and the original Nintendo. In those days we paid the same amount of money then...I think the Legend of Zelda was $50.00. Take inflation and everything else and we’re at $60-$70 bucks now.

I must have had 3 or 4 floppy cases full of Commodore 64 games and I don't think I bought a single one. All copies from my friends and downloads from local BBS. Ah, those were the days....
  • Mishkin37
    Grimace73 wrote: »

I must have had 3 or 4 floppy cases full of Commodore 64 games and I don't think I bought a single one. All copies from my friends and downloads from local BBS. Ah, those were the days....

We had what seemed like 1000s of games (probably less than 100 actually), and I bet we purchased 15 of them at a store. The rest were traded at the C64 Users’ Group meetings.

I was playing Beachead II last summer, and that would be such a sweet remake.

• Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

We had what seemed like 1000s of games (probably less than 100 actually), and I bet we purchased 15 of them at a store. The rest were traded at the C64 Users’ Group meetings.

I was playing Beachead II last summer, and that would be such a sweet remake.

Well now you've got me all horny to play C64 games. Alas, all of my floppies succumbed to old age and eventually stopped working. Over the years I picked up a Commie and accessories whenever I would see one at a yard sale. Had maybe 4 or 5? Basement flooded and they were all ruined. Still haunts me to this day. I've tried an emulator or two but it's just not the same....
  • illestrazor
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am thinking that the fact that we’re all on here arguing over this is the most ominous and telling factor. Unfortunately this game has been a disaster. None of my crew are playing it anymore. Ask yourself could you or would you recommend this game to any of your friends that didn’t battlefield. I couldn’t. They’d laugh at me. I want to be so positive about this game but I can’t. I agree I would prefer to pay for good dlc. I think we will be drop fed garbage content because there’s no money left in this game. Also yes if this game was a car it would be so recalled and the manufacturer would probably never be allowed to produce vehicles in any western country again. I find it hard to believe that a triple a game producer could stuff up a game so completely. It seems almost deliberate. For my own part I’m gutted. I only play battlefield but am rapidly running out of friends that will even bother to play it. Looks like I’ll have to get a life instead
  • Mishkin37

Well now you've got me all horny to play C64 games. Alas, all of my floppies succumbed to old age and eventually stopped working. Over the years I picked up a Commie and accessories whenever I would see one at a yard sale. Had maybe 4 or 5? Basement flooded and they were all ruined. Still haunts me to this day. I've tried an emulator or two but it's just not the same....

I was actually playing on an emulator, too (Raspberry Pi). I was surprised how well Beachead 2 and Archon aged. They’re still fun, especially the knife fight level at the end of BH2. I was not surprised how well Summer Games 1 & 2 aged; they’re still amazing!

I basically own everything except the Commodore now (my older brother has like 3).

Ask yourself could you or would you recommend this game to any of your friends that didn’t battlefield. I couldn’t. They’d laugh at me.

To be fair, I’ve never been successful at recommending any BF game to any friends, who didn’t Battlefield. I’m like 0 for 5. People who like Battlefield are a special breed. That’s why, despite any disagreement I have with anyone here, I’d probably still enjoy getting a beer with them.