Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    Dinoboats wrote: »
    There are no cheats on current gen consoles.

The PS4 and the XBONE run proprietary software which means they are closed systems.

AFAIK, Having an alternate input ( M&KB with Xim ) is not "cheating" as they are usually just mimicking controller inputs and have input lag as a result of going through a passthrough system.

Something very strange was happening then as this is the first time that I've witnessed something like this so blatantly. I wish I could have recorded it (not sure how on the PS4 being a casual gamer) . I also mentioned in the general discussion forum about a V1 rocket disappearing into the ground as well (like the ammo/medic crates) a few games previously.
    Well, next time it happens remember to press the Share button and save it as video clip.
    full951 wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    LOL. Why are we keep on focusing on KnM as cheating while there are people using devices like cronusmax and titan ones and twos to run all kinds of cheating scripts?
    here's an example of a quality of life script in bfv. we all know calling in a rocket strike is super temperamental. a script could me made to call a strike in with a press of a single key. is it cheating? or is it cutting out the frustrating temperament of the com rose wheel?
    Not cheating obviously. You can do that with the SCUF Vantage officially licensed controller.
  • full951
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The PS4 and the XBONE run proprietary software which means they are closed systems.

AFAIK, Having an alternate input ( M&KB with Xim ) is not "cheating" as they are usually just mimicking controller inputs and have input lag as a result of going through a passthrough system.

Something very strange was happening then as this is the first time that I've witnessed something like this so blatantly. I wish I could have recorded it (not sure how on the PS4 being a casual gamer) . I also mentioned in the general discussion forum about a V1 rocket disappearing into the ground as well (like the ammo/medic crates) a few games previously.
    Well, next time it happens remember to press the Share button and save it as video clip.
    LOL. Why are we keep on focusing on KnM as cheating while there are people using devices like cronusmax and titan ones and twos to run all kinds of cheating scripts?
    here's an example of a quality of life script in bfv. we all know calling in a rocket strike is super temperamental. a script could me made to call a strike in with a press of a single key. is it cheating? or is it cutting out the frustrating temperament of the com rose wheel?
    Not cheating obviously. You can do that with the SCUF Vantage officially licensed controller.

cool. how does that even work? they added memory to the controller?
  • full951
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    that's a cool controller. I really like their statements like "UNLOCK YOUR WHOLE HAND It’s simple: increase hand use, improve your gameplay..." that's exactly how I feel about it and I advocate that option for every player

• Dinoboats
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a game of conquest today on the PS4 and witnessed a indestructible enemy player killing people with a handgun. I saw my squad mate unload a full clip from the lewis gun directly into his back plus another two players doing the same watching his body twitching as the rounds hit, only for him to turn around and shoot two of them with his handgun. All this happened at about ten feet away. I then threw an incendiary grenade on him with a direct hit for it to do absolutely nothing and followed it up with a full clip from the Suomi (50 rounds) at close range and of course nothing again! Only to see him running off shooting his pistol at more of our team. Even a tank was was laying down fire on him with no effect. That's when I thought enough is enough and quit!
    If that's not cheating then something very strange was happening.

sounds like network issues. the game server just not confirming or even receiving hits. but on your end your machine did it's half but the game server never did its half

That sounds like it could be the case .
  • MAITREYA0
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bud at least 40% of the xbox BFV lobbies use cronusmax just be proud of the numbers you get legitimately. And laugh at the scrubs that need that ****
  • The_BERG_366
    2157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MAITREYA0 wrote: »
    Bud at least 40% of the xbox BFV lobbies use cronusmax just be proud of the numbers you get legitimately. And laugh at the scrubs that need that ****

:smirk: :joy:
  • plasticman883
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MAITREYA0 wrote: »

Damn right there's a ton of M+K players on PS4. Routine to see the invariable Assault classes going 25-2 in every game, headshotting you as they jump from buildings or across the screen with 1 shot. It's rife.
  • full951
    I love the hyper exaggeration of MnK abilities on consoles. it only helps to solidify it's future in console gaming.

what I find concerning and baffling is when people under state the capability of a player with a controller. often controller users are portraied as helpless, baby seals waiting to be clubbed and utterly disabled... this culture of victem-hood is not healthy on top of being a straight lie.
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Similar with the Nacon Revolution Pro which is also officially licensed. There is memory inside the controller, and you can configure macros to the 4 paddles on the back that can then mimic a sequence of other button presses (everything other than thumb sticks IIRC). There are even 4 different profiles, each of which can have 4 different macros, so you could relatively easily set up a whole suite of them should you want.

Because it didn’t include the thumb sticks on the Nacon it wouldn’t have been able to call in the rocket strike. That said, it was pretty basic when I looked back when I first got the controller, and I haven’t used mine in ages so no idea how the software has evolved over the last year or so, especially alongside the second iteration of the controller - it may well have advanced to a state where it could do that.

With the CronusMax and the TitanOne/Two is could easily directly script calling in a rocket strike (or anything else) and attribute them to a single key press. You can simulate an entire controller input with them. That said, whilst I personally consider those devices to be more of a cheat than anything else on Console, I really couldn’t care less if people use them or not.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He is wrong there is no way to cheat on ps4, however people can use exploits like with any game but an exploit in not hacking its using a bug to your advantage until they release a patch to fix it.That being said i haven`t noticed anything really besides the usual one frame deaths and emptying a full shotgun mag into someone and the survive.
  • full951
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Similar with the Nacon Revolution Pro which is also officially licensed. There is memory inside the controller, and you can configure macros to the 4 paddles on the back that can then mimic a sequence of other button presses (everything other than thumb sticks IIRC). There are even 4 different profiles, each of which can have 4 different macros, so you could relatively easily set up a whole suite of them should you want.

Because it didn’t include the thumb sticks on the Nacon it wouldn’t have been able to call in the rocket strike. That said, it was pretty basic when I looked back when I first got the controller, and I haven’t used mine in ages so no idea how the software has evolved over the last year or so, especially alongside the second iteration of the controller - it may well have advanced to a state where it could do that.

With the CronusMax and the TitanOne/Two is could easily directly script calling in a rocket strike (or anything else) and attribute them to a single key press. You can simulate an entire controller input with them. That said, whilst I personally consider those devices to be more of a cheat than anything else on Console, I really couldn’t care less if people use them or not.

if you have to some free time to mess around with bindings. see if you can't bind the up down left and right of the stick movement to buttons instead in the custom control schemes. if successful you should be able to make a script for the com rose. but.. the buttons will be custom and you could not play. there is probably some long winded way to get it to work using a xim.
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rocking A/S for a side shuffle and clicking a mouse is MUCH easier than trying the same motion with the left thumbstick while holding down l3 for a shorter hold breath, and then combining it with r2 for the shot, then reloading for bolt-action. TF outta here where mnk doesn't give advantage on console. You have stormtrooper aim, we get it.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anything but controller will push the casual gamer off games that entice what I see as cheating, which means less populated servers, which means less support and then game demise. The casual gamer is where the money is without them games die.
  • full951
    Anything but controller will push the casual gamer off games that entice what I see as cheating, which means less populated servers, which means less support and then game demise. The casual gamer is where the money is without them games die.

if a casual gamer is "casual" they won't care.
  • ps_865
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

if a casual gamer is "casual" they won't care.

You mean your k&m cheating won't really bother them? Like you are stealing from the government?
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    You mean your k&m cheating won't really bother them? Like you are stealing from the government?

When EA makes these games M & K compatible, are you going to stop using a controller and convert over?

• ackers75
    2155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

let me ask you, have they ever said that?
    nope

has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

do game devs and console manufacturer ban for cheating?
    damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.

the overwatch devs: yeah they did make a big stink about it. during that time THEY NEVER CALLED IT Cheating. prove me wrong. They did however ask for it to be allowed.. here we are. Microsoft made its official offering with razer. out of respect for guys like you they did not force change and left your feelings to the devs.

the fortnite devs: what you speak of only happened for less than 48 hours. they no longer check for wasd. this was an attempt to keep PC PLAYERS out of console lobbies. it didn't work effectively and it was abandoned right away. 3rd party Adapters were not the target of the wasd checks. some people were getting kicked. most were never effected.

If bfv allows MnK hold on to your butt because separate lobbies are unlikely. that's the whole reason they got rid
    of the premium pass: so the player base would not be split. they would only be creating the same problem they just got rid of.
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

nope

has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.

the overwatch devs: yeah they did make a big stink about it. during that time THEY NEVER CALLED IT Cheating. prove me wrong. They did however ask for it to be allowed.. here we are. Microsoft made its official offering with razer. out of respect for guys like you they did not force change and left your feelings to the devs.

the fortnite devs: what you speak of only happened for less than 48 hours. they no longer check for wasd. this was an attempt to keep PC PLAYERS out of console lobbies. it didn't work effectively and it was abandoned right away. 3rd party Adapters were not the target of the wasd checks. some people were getting kicked. most were never effected.

If bfv allows MnK hold on to your butt because separate lobbies are unlikely. that's the whole reason they got rid
    of the premium pass: so the player base would not be split. they would only be creating the same problem they just got rid of.

Am sorry but the part regarding fortnite is utter nonsense in its finest form.
    They checked wasd movements because people started plugging in kb/m in controller only lobbies because they didn’t want matchmaking putting them in pc lobbies!
    So all they do now is wait for the 3 min check to finish then plug in the kB/m
    Why bother if your not gaining an advantage?

It’s the usual xim saying
    “I want to use kB/m but I don’t wan to play against players with kB/m”
  • ps_865
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »

When EA makes these games M & K compatible, are you going to stop using a controller and convert over?

This has nothing to do with EA, basketball manufacturer cares not if you play under dopping or not. And if I wanted k&m I would play PC, like any other honest and fair person.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

They checked wasd movements because people started plugging in kb/m in controller only lobbies because they didn’t want matchmaking putting them in pc lobbies!

Have you seen them do it or its just your own imagination?
  • ackers75
    2155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »

nope

nope

damn right they do

nope

nope

damn right they do

Have you seen them do it or its just your own imagination?

Lol I was part of the alpha well before anybody even knew fortnight even existed!

I still have many friends still in the community that test patches well before they go out to the public.

Many PS4 users got upset that kB/m players got a huge advantage playing against controller players hence why they got put into matchmaking with pc players and rightly so!

Ubisoft enabled a wasd check periodically for 3mins and if you failed the check you got booted.
    So to nullify this all players did was to plug in the kB/m after 3mins.
    Seems kB/m had its advantages after all.

These guys are in for a shock soon though lol!