What is your K/D ratio?

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    My K/D moving towards 2 from 1,5 thanks to combined arms....women seem to find me more attractive now other than that I can't observe any change.

Mine is only .74, but it's not the size, it's how you use it.
  • disposalist
    8942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In almost all players a high KD is an indicator that you either stat pad or you simply never play the objectives.

Either way, if Combined Arms finally makes people realise that KD is somewhere between unimportant and detrimental, then it's the best thing ever.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In almost all players a high KD is an indicator that you either stat pad or you simply never play the objectives.

Either way, if Combined Arms finally makes people realise that KD is somewhere between unimportant and detrimental, then it's the best thing ever.

It might have the opposite effect. Where people want to brag about the inflated stats
  • The_BERG_366
    2763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

depends what you define as "high"....
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

It might have the opposite effect. Where people want to brag about the inflated stats

Hey, we have seen a few of them already. 👻 👻
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

this.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Why are people complaining that K/D is ruined now, when there are pilots who have had K/D of over 300!
    One pilot in particular has 20,000 kills and only 50 deaths. It's rather funny because the poor chap has worked so hard to increase his K/D that he has made K/D a laughing stock. Almost reminds of that one dude who injected steroids into his arm so much the finally abscessed and imploded.
    https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=7659.0
    (Warning: The videos are disgusting, almost as disgusting as a 300 K/D ratio)

I see certain game reports with infantry going 107-1 with a shotgun, 88 something headshots, 2231 spm in CQ, is this possible? they have more kills than all other players combined in match....
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Why are people complaining that K/D is ruined now, when there are pilots who have had K/D of over 300!
    One pilot in particular has 20,000 kills and only 50 deaths. It's rather funny because the poor chap has worked so hard to increase his K/D that he has made K/D a laughing stock. Almost reminds of that one dude who injected steroids into his arm so much the finally abscessed and imploded.

I see certain game reports with infantry going 107-1 with a shotgun, 88 something headshots, 2231 spm in CQ, is this possible? they have more kills than all other players combined in match....

Obviously not.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be quite honest the overall kdr and kills per minute are use less when it comes evaulating a players skill unless you look up their matches and look to see what they used.
  • The_BERG_366
    2763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    To be quite honest the overall kdr and kills per minute are use less when it comes evaulating a players skill unless you look up their matches and look to see what they used.

what? O.o
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its shittey.
    We dont alk about it
  • TheGM86
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If farming turnips makes me a Booster I best start playing a theme song then.

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

chicken-pot-pie-my-three-favourite-things.jpg
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Obviously not.

I'm hopeless as infantry, I didn't know if it's some bunch of mates boosting off medikits or something while rocking the cattle. But yea, I guess not...
  • MBT_Layzan
    Forgive me I'm merry, been out until the late hours............. weeeeee
  • Astr0damus
    I'm noticing a trend with respect to K/D and a direct correlation to SPM, can you spot what it is? (this is from Conquest only).
    =======
    End-of-Round-1.jpg
    End-of-Round-2.jpg
    End-of-Round-3.jpg
    End-of-Round-4.jpg
    End-of-Round-5.jpg
    End-of-Round-6.jpg
    End-of-Round-7.jpg
    Scoreboard-1.jpg
    Scoreboard-2.jpg
    Scoreboard-3.jpg
    End-of-Round-8.jpg
    End-of-Round-9.jpg
    End-of-Round-10.jpg
    End-of-Round-11.jpg
    TREND: When K/D is +1 then SPM is almost always below 400.
    When SPM is +390, K/D is almost always -1.

Analysis: SPM is more important than K/D.
    I posted numerous scoreboards from BF 1 where I had a -1 K/D but I topped the scoreboard.
    I also posted some examples where I had a 2 K/D and did not land in top 15 on the scoreboard.
    Some people can have a "good" K/D and a good SPM, but I do not seem to have that experience very often.
    The less I focus on K/D and the more I focus on PTFO, the better my SPM, the higher on the scoreboard I land.
    The people who say this is a false-dichotomy, "Why can't you have both?" are not showing how they get their K/D and SPM (are they playing on PC with scripts? Are they playing console with Keyboard/Mouse or Cronos modded controller? Are they playing small map modes with no vehicles? Are they pilot/tanking 85% of the time? Are they hiding in their spawn in a MAA? They don't tell you. One thing is certain, I could improve my K/D but at the expense of SPM--I could camp, I could not play objectives and get cheesy kills, but I am not willing to focus on K/D--I don't even know how to not PTFO.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm noticing a trend with respect to K/D and a direct correlation to SPM, can you spot what it is? (this is from Conquest only).
    =======

I posted numerous scoreboards from BF 1 where I had a -1 K/D but I topped the scoreboard.
    I also posted some examples where I had a 2 K/D and did not land in top 15 on the scoreboard.
    Some people can have a "good" K/D and a good SPM, but I do not seem to have that experience very often.
    The less I focus on K/D and the more I focus on PTFO, the better my SPM, the higher on the scoreboard I land.
    The people who say this is a false-dichotomy, "Why can't you have both?" are not showing how they get their K/D and SPM (are they playing on PC with scripts? Are they playing console with Keyboard/Mouse or Cronos modded controller? Are they playing small map modes with no vehicles? Are they pilot/tanking 85% of the time? Are they hiding in their spawn in a MAA? They don't tell you. One thing is certain, I could improve my K/D but at the expense of SPM--I could camp, I could not play objectives and get cheesy kills, but I am not willing to focus on K/D--I don't even know how to not PTFO.

Pretty sure it's just you. My KDR and SPM are both good most games. At least for someone playing recon.
    Screenshot-20190216-233933-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20190216-233944-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20190216-234023-Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot-20190216-234033-Chrome.jpg

That's in Domination.
  • Astr0damus
    Yeah, recon.
    I'm sure my K/D would skyrocket if I stayed back and played recon.
    I don't see where it says how many flags you took, nor defended.
  • Astr0damus
    6 clicks, are you stats from BF V or BF 1?
    Also, do you play on PC or console?
    I wasn't asking for comparisons from recons, pilots or tankers. I was showing my own personal CORRELATION between K/D and SPM.
    As you can see, I play SMG, LMG, Shotguns, side-arms, melees, AT Mines, whatever the job requires. I see recons as one-dimensional rock-lizards.
    ==
    Lastly, I'm sure there are some people on here with better stats than mine--that is not the question, nor the reason why I posted mine. I also play Conquest only, and I don't use vehicles (except for transport)--I only kill them. I disregard anyone's stats who plays on PC, plays as Pilot, Tanker, and/or Recon. But thanks for taking the opportunity to brag.. because that is the sole reason for this thread's existence.
    ==
    Have a great night.I killed 6 lemming recons on the same guard tower tonight and it felt awesome.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    =======
    End-of-Round-1.jpg
    End-of-Round-2.jpg
    End-of-Round-3.jpg
    End-of-Round-4.jpg
    End-of-Round-5.jpg
    End-of-Round-6.jpg
    End-of-Round-7.jpg
    Scoreboard-1.jpg
    Scoreboard-2.jpg
    Scoreboard-3.jpg
    End-of-Round-8.jpg
    End-of-Round-9.jpg
    End-of-Round-10.jpg
    End-of-Round-11.jpg

That's just you. You can do both. You'd have to prove otherwise since you're making the claim. So far, you haven't. You just argued incredulity
This discussion has been closed.