How's the netcode after the update?

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dude look it, you did this on the other thread. How is the game doing? Go back to Reddit please. Your opinions failed us enough.
    Aaaand that's a swing and a miss, Johnny. Wouldn't touch Reddit with a 10ft pole, but thanks for defaulting to that stereotype for your primary defense. Really gives the impression that you have a solid, valid argument there, keep up the good work.

Dude, for whatever reason you come after me. What did i ever do? I'm just some guy playing a damn game. Go bother Westie or something.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see zero improvement in the network performance, I'm still experiencing shot-stacking and shot-around-corners. I am not too happy about that, DICE continues to make me think this should be the last BF title they are allowed to work on.

I'm not challenging you , this is just a friendly suggestion. Record 3 to 5 oneshot deaths. After the match go and watch them at half speed and focus on watching the health bar. If it goes from 100 to 0. Then yeah it was shot stacking, If it goes down in increments than its not stacking shots its the fast TTK. One guy in another thread posted his video of what he perceived as shotstacking or super bullets as he called them. A half speed view of the video showed that it was not stacking shots, just really fast TTK.

This is actually very interesting since if you read the patch notes it doesn't say that they fixed the netcode. What it actually says is that they made it possible to send multiple damage updates in a single packet, So essentially they buffed the super bullet behavior. Or increased the TTK.
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel hit detection has improved i have not experienced any "1 Bullet" deaths. Seems like there is an issue with some players but not others. But on my side, the changes seem to be beneficial. On west coast servers i get 30-40 ms, on east 70-80 ms. Do not notice a difference between playing on either ping. I like the changes so far.
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, for whatever reason you come after me. What did i ever do? I'm just some guy playing a damn game. Go bother Westie or something.
    I didn't "come after you", I called you out for acting like a selfish twit. EA has enough issues with sneaky and underhanded behavior without players actively encouraging it. If you want something changed, go about it the right way, or give over and move on. But stop acting like a child.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I didn't "come after you", I called you out for acting like a selfish twit. EA has enough issues with sneaky and underhanded behavior without players actively encouraging it. If you want something changed, go about it the right way, or give over and move on. But stop acting like a child.

So, like what did they do? Get worried over at reddit that the netcode fix bombed, and now sent you over here to try and go after folks who now feel we have to go back to the ttk issue? Because for no other reason, you're singling me out, and i find that interesting. Another two as well. And just you few, and that's the interesting part.

Look, i was right, and so we all want to benefit the game. We can't have a game continue to be broken to satisfy boneheads like you. It doesn't make sense for a company to lose money in sales and refunds, due to a broken game easily fixed, if not to upset a bunch a crybabies that make up only a few of the millions who purchased this game.

Now you told me on the other thread you were leaving. Yet you're still here. Why?
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    9ms ping to eu servers and zeroooooo jitter
    and it plays like an absolute dog!
    Might start using a 4g connection
  • duellingcarl
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Had a few games of battlefield 1and it literally feels like this was made by a completely different dev team!
    Hit reg is far far superior to battlefield v in every way conceivable.

Yeah I still hop on BF1 from time to time. Servers are still very well populated and the whole game has such a better design. I hope they bring in the BF1 team to right the ship.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There's your problem - your ping is too good, may break out my 56k modem I've got stored in the garage ;)
  • lionking7001
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    Absolutely no difference netcode wise on Xbox for me. I captured a couple of clips about it but it's obvious that most of the players experience the same thing, so I don't publish them here.
  • One_Called_Kane
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, like what did they do? Get worried over at reddit that the netcode fix bombed, and now sent you over here to try and go after folks who now feel we have to go back to the ttk issue? Because for no other reason, you're singling me out, and i find that interesting. Another two as well. And just you few, and that's the interesting part.
    So now we're going to add conspiracy theories on top of everything else? You're turning out to be quite the piece of work.
    News Flash: Multiple people calling you out for the same thing might be a hint that this is a you problem.
    Look, i was right, and so we all want to benefit the game. We can't have a game continue to be broken to satisfy boneheads like you. It doesn't make sense for a company to lose money in sales and refunds, due to a broken game easily fixed, if not to upset a bunch a crybabies that make up only a few of the millions who purchased this game.
    You know, I could sell a book on argumentative fallacies composed entirely of copy-pastes from your posts and it would probably make a profit.
    You legitimately have no arguments. You're right because you say you are and there is a silent majority that agrees with you despite all evidence to the contrary. When confronted on this you reflexively default to ranting about 'Reddit' and 'Levelcrap' with all the eloquence of a child throwing a temper tantrum. The only crybaby I see here is you.
    Now you told me on the other thread you were leaving. Yet you're still here. Why?
    No, on the other thread I asked you if you were waiting for everyone else to leave since you seemed to be chronically incapable of forming a cohesive argument to support your case. I took your single-word response to mean that you were leaving. I will happily debate you into the ground if you wish it.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yep, Lag and stutter here as well. 18-28ms on a fiber connection, EU servers.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've just played on a few servers where I had a ping of 26- it felt like I had a 150 ping- extremely laggy, loads of rubber-banding. The netcode feels completely broken and it was fine before the update. #DICEfixes
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The whole netcode compensation system can't handle high ping players on the server. It messes the server up for everyone else playing there.

There was a REASON rented server owners in bf3/4 autokicked players with over 100 ping.
  • Up2you2011
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA Spend some of your money and get more Regional Servers so more players play in their own regions and then we can have this stupid lag compensation removed
  • _Fabio_FVB_
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seens worse for me, getting shot a lot more behind cover and shots not registering.
  • TFBisquit
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still instakilled. It's not helping me to hear all 5 shots in 0.5 seconds. For the rest I find it unstable. Some rounds feel fine, others have registration issues.
    And yes, high pingers cause lag on the rest, makes the game feel wobbly.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems to have got better after the initial update blues. Probably just laggers
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. I even played with some friends from Europe yesterday and it was ok as long as they were the only ones over 100.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly as bad as it has always been, DICE planting placebos. Nothing new though.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still the same for me. I just started playing Dominion last night as nothing seems different with Conquest. Last night on Conquest, I shot at one player, my weapon basically did nothing and suddenly 3 players were shooting at me. I didn't even see the other two until after the first player shot me.

Doesn't matter if I play support, medic or even the supposedly easy to win assault class, all my weapons generally feel ineffective and I feel like I am getting insta killed over half the time in any Conquest map.

Dominion was a lot nicer to play. My guns actually felt effective and I could see players. My KDR doubled versus playing Conquest. On my end, it seems like 64 players are too much for the net code to handle.

I think I am switching over to Dominion for the time being.