still 100% CPU Usage and micro stuttering

2»

Comments

  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I came from 16gb 3600mhz 2x8 then switched to 32gb 4x8 4000mhz. I think 32gb helped a littler and I have noticed with 16gb my ram usage was around 9gb to 10gb now with 32gb it’s higher almost 12gb basically 10500 to 11500

    Extra ram usage is prob just Windows or Chrome being a fata$$. Haha.

    Still a strange situation you are in though; stranger still its only on BF5. Have you tried single player to replicate the problem? Sounds silly but may narrow the issue down even more.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I came from 16gb 3600mhz 2x8 then switched to 32gb 4x8 4000mhz. I think 32gb helped a littler and I have noticed with 16gb my ram usage was around 9gb to 10gb now with 32gb it’s higher almost 12gb basically 10500 to 11500

    Extra ram usage is prob just Windows or Chrome being a fata$$. Haha.

    Still a strange situation you are in though; stranger still its only on BF5. Have you tried single player to replicate the problem? Sounds silly but may narrow the issue down even more.

    I don’t have chrome installed and it also does it in bf1 but when I go to empty server it’s butter smooth and also I can go to practice range in bfv and it smooth also. Only seems to happen when a lot is going on or a lot of other players around me or on the server.

    Just don’t do it in any stress test or benchmarks either lol.

  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    I am 2nd best overall system in firestrike ultra 10th best score the number 1 guy has 1-9 score

    2dqrrzq.png


    Number 8 overall on extreme and 2nd best system

    dpiu7b.jpg
  • 5hadyBrady
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Again, I don't know if the OP has tried this, but there was a memory issue with windows 10 and BF1 that seems to have carried over to BF5. There's an EXE people run called emptystandbylist that dumps standby memory. There's a tutorial on this forum that detail how to set it up. If I don't run it with BF5, I will get constant micro stuttering with a GTX1080 and 7700K , 16gb ram.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Again, I don't know if the OP has tried this, but there was a memory issue with windows 10 and BF1 that seems to have carried over to BF5. There's an EXE people run called emptystandbylist that dumps standby memory. There's a tutorial on this forum that detail how to set it up. If I don't run it with BF5, I will get constant micro stuttering with a GTX1080 and 7700K , 16gb ram.

    I tried this and it did nothing for my stutter. May work for others though. Theres a much easier way now than to set all that stuff up.

    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released
  • 5hadyBrady
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    Again, I don't know if the OP has tried this, but there was a memory issue with windows 10 and BF1 that seems to have carried over to BF5. There's an EXE people run called emptystandbylist that dumps standby memory. There's a tutorial on this forum that detail how to set it up. If I don't run it with BF5, I will get constant micro stuttering with a GTX1080 and 7700K , 16gb ram.

    I tried this and it did nothing for my stutter. May work for others though. Theres a much easier way now than to set all that stuff up.

    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

    90% of the problems I have with video games are compatibility issues with other software or the operating system itself. Either a firewall doing weird stuff with my CPU, or some kind of Windows patch issue , power usage settings, Windows features hogging resources , etc. It's never ending if you play lots of different games.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say windows services and features are a huge problem definitely in windows 10 just to much crap running that can’t be disabled. I basically have it all disabled that can be. I honestly don’t care anymore I mean I don’t like it but it is what it is I have done everything I know how and then some to fix it and nothing works been building custom PCs for 12 years and never had problems until bf1 and that didn’t start until basically about 6 to 8 months ago.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Ok this may be a fluke I have played 8 game and no stutter. All I done was run bfv as administrator. Didn’t fix the cpu usage but so far no stutter today will try more tomorrow.
  • Bitruka
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    Ok this may be a fluke I have played 8 game and no stutter. All I done was run bfv as administrator. Didn’t fix the cpu usage but so far no stutter today will try more tomorrow.

    i will try this... cause is so many stuttering that even my mouse stutters and i just cant aim... horrible!!!
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    I used to have stutters too. with a 7700k and 1070. I get about 90% cpu usage. Then I tweaked my pc. I will still get stutters if a program starts running while gaming and I then have to end task it. Doubt those of you with problems will try all of these solutions. But some of these might actually help:


    disable superfetch
    Disable indexing
    disable xbox gamebar dvr and broadcasting
    Turn on trueplay and enable gamemode for bf1
    set pagefile to 1024 min/max
    disable themes
    set appearance to best performance
    disable fullscreen optimizations for bf1.exe
    uninstall uneeded apps and disable startup programs you don't need.
    make sure you have the intel rapid storage drivers installed or disable it in bios and uninstall them.
    disable all audio playback and recording devices you don't use
    Disable hdmi or monitor audio devices from system devices in device manager
    lower default audio settings to 16 bit 44100
    clean your temp files
    if you have a intel hd graphics with your cpu install the drivers
    set pcie as primary graphics in bios
    install latest chipset drivers or motherboard manufacturers drivers
    update all firmware including hdd.
    use ddu to reinstall graphics drivers
    uninstall geforce experience and nvidia hd audio.
    set nvidia settings to performance mode
    can try setting pre-render ahead to 1 or 2 in nvidia settings.
    give a small bump in voltage if you know what you are doing
    cpu, ram and gpu do better having a little more voltage than just enough... or go back to stock clocks and test
    don't use motherboard or oem software for power savings or performance settings. Do all power configurations from within bios!
    repair, or reinstall the game and or origin using revo uninstaller.
    try to run game after a windows "clean boot"
    reinstall windows using upgrade option from media creation tool
    disable origin in-game
    try gpu restriction on or off in game settings
    don't use dx12, only use dx11
    cap fps
    run windows in high performance.
    disable c-states and intel speedstep in bios
    set bios and windows to full performance mode
    disable fast boot in bios and in windows
    never use sleep or hibernate mode
    if you do use sleep or hibernate, after wake try to disable and enable display adapter in device manager
    reseat gpu and memory.
    do a memory test, hdd test
    google how to clear standby memory after long up time.
    try lowering polling rate and repeat rate on mouse and keyboard, especially if gaming drivers.
    unpark your cores
    if you have a 6 core cpu, park 2 cores.
    change to a server in a diff area.
  • grimbloodshed
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    why would we need to change all these settings just for one game to work, when other pc games work perfectly fine? lol c'mon dice!
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    why would we need to change all these settings just for one game to work, when other pc games work perfectly fine? lol c'mon dice!

    You dont' need to change them all. SOme are intel based only for example. Some are only extra performance tweaks. But they couldn't hurt if you are having problems. All of these tweaks I have tried myself and have been confirmed by other posters on forums since bf1 to have helped their issues.

    I have been gaming on pc since 1986, most of these tweaks have been common practice for years especially for overclockers. Its just part of pc gaming man, its why some people prefer consoles. Its less of a hassle.

    But most pc gamers build their own pc's, overlock and tweak their machines. Its part of the fun.
  • Kaakkraker92
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oke .. this sounds as the great memory leak that origin has.. just look into your processes and see that QtWebEngineProcess.exe is starting up back to back to back untill your memory is boated and shuts off the game .. it fills your memory up untill the game gets switched off.. this origin memory leak is in origin from 2014 if i'm not mistaken.
    it has to do with certain programs on your pc like with some ppl the issue wont turn up but for example if you use LogitechGhub or Discord you will get the leak. To combat this i personaly use a program that limits the startups and trims the memory if it reaches more then 180mb used.
  • TFBisquit
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I came from 16gb 3600mhz 2x8 then switched to 32gb 4x8 4000mhz. I think 32gb helped a littler and I have noticed with 16gb my ram usage was around 9gb to 10gb now with 32gb it’s higher almost 12gb basically 10500 to 11500

    The more ram you have, the more windows will use from it in most games. Sounds normal, your ram usage.
    Cpu is allowed to run almost 100%. Sure, it will run hotter than at a lower usage, but as long as it doesn't show the full 100% you should be ok.
    Now, since on many systems that are older than yours, people claim they don't have the microstutter, that suggest to me there is something else in play.
    Things to try for the op:
    uninstall videocard drivers with DDU and do a fresh install of nvidia drivers, there is a check box for new cards is you do custom install.
    See what's running in the background, non windows related.
    Also check which programs use cpu power all the time.
    Check your bios settings
    Try BF5 with a different mouse
    See if you can install a fresh windows 10 on a spare drive and try it with that.
    Check your internet, use wired connection, is this the only game you play online? Or do you have more mp shooters to try?
    There really shouldn't be an issue with your system and BF5, as I said, it runs on worse systems without hickups.
  • Jinko_itx
    683 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    having GPU restricted memory off has the same problem as in BF1, turn it on and then restart
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1080p no stutter. 200 Fps, Maximus Hero 11, i7 8086k, 970gtx SLI, 16gb 3200, prerendered frames 2. CPU at 5.2ghz water cooled. GPU driver 417.71. I would agree that once you surpass 1080p resolution, things get significantly more complicated. Have seen people with i9s complaining about stutter as well.
  • TFBisquit
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No stutter on 1440p. But 4K wasn’t smooth, though fps jumped alot at that res.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am starting to think this is a rtx issue even though I don’t use it. I just switched to a 9900k from the 8086k and changed motherboards also. Using the same card 2080ti while my stutter has improved with the updates of the game it is still there a little. Cpu usage is still extremely high and still hits 100%. From what I have seen seems like everyone not running rtx cards arnt having the stutter issue. You can look on YouTube at benchmarks comparing 2080ti to 1080ti and the frametime is definitely higher on the rtx cards. On average it seems to be atlest 2 mil seconds higher on rtx cards. I have done it all ddu clean install of windows stopped services from running closed all programs and changed mouse. I have been fighting this issue since the release no problems in beta and no rtx card either. My rtx card runs everything smooth except bf1 and bfv runs apex legends smooth as butter also and runs all benchmarks smooth.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    ShltPlaYer wrote: »
    I am starting to think this is a rtx issue even though I don’t use it. I just switched to a 9900k from the 8086k and changed motherboards also. Using the same card 2080ti while my stutter has improved with the updates of the game it is still there a little. Cpu usage is still extremely high and still hits 100%. From what I have seen seems like everyone not running rtx cards arnt having the stutter issue. You can look on YouTube at benchmarks comparing 2080ti to 1080ti and the frametime is definitely higher on the rtx cards. On average it seems to be atlest 2 mil seconds higher on rtx cards. I have done it all ddu clean install of windows stopped services from running closed all programs and changed mouse. I have been fighting this issue since the release no problems in beta and no rtx card either. My rtx card runs everything smooth except bf1 and bfv runs apex legends smooth as butter also and runs all benchmarks smooth.

    I have a 1070. no stutter here. I had stutter in bf1. but tweaked the machine to resolve the issue. bfv runs way more stable then bf1 did.

    You can scroll up and try the various solutions I posted. I listed over 50 diff tweaks. Or you can keep blaming the game.... There is no way you "have done it all". I'd bet money on it.
Sign In or Register to comment.