Planes - too much

patchkid67
28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The balance of planes vs AA is just stupid. Please make BF1 level of balance. The planes have it too easy killing targets on the ground, and the ONLY current counter is fighters. Even fighters are wrecking people on the ground, which is seriously messed up. Pilots going 30+ and 0 deaths because there's no effective way to remove them from the sky.

Comments

• PsychoRat66
    133 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was such a thing in WW2 as a “ground attack” fighter.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's like, the only real AA in the game are actual tanks.... so lame....
  • NLBartmaN
    3165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    It's like, the only real AA in the game are actual tanks.... so lame....

And those tanks are no longer capable of winning from planes with heavy bombs ... they are nerfed to useless in the last patch
  • patchkid67
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just have a STU-88 destroy a crocodile special tank in a single bomb run from 100% to 0%. The tank was moving forward and that crap needs to go.
  • GhostsOfWar119
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    There was such a thing in WW2 as a “ground attack” fighter.

lol
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    107 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The AA guns are pretty strong now. I’ve been shot down by them many times since the patch. Never once was before. I do kill a lot of infantry with fighter rockets but only when there are no enemy fighters to keep me busy.
  • Noodlesocks
    2752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same every game. They go back and forth between OP AA and UP AA until eventually finding a good balance a year after release and then they just throw all that progress away for the next game.

BF1 eventually had a good balance for AA and I feel BF5 should adopt the same approach. Shorter horizontal range but very effective the closer a plane gets. Essentially turning them into point defence against aircraft. Would force Mobile AA to get out of their spawn zones for a change.
  • Woodlbrad
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Back to planes being op yet again AA is trash atm better off using a panzerfaust or a heavy tank to counter from the ground. Plenty of hit markers but no kills or destroys on planes very pathetic dice AA stands for anti air.
  • Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've started using artillery cannon to take down planes, it's a 1-hit kill!
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've found it easier to play with planes on BF1 then BFV honestly.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice if people would name the game mode when talking about planes. Imo they are no problem in CQ but only in Go and breakthrough. The only map where I see planes going on kill streak in CQ is Fjeld. Only the best pilots can go 30-0 in a fighter and they are really rare. The Ju88 still seem to be the main problem. Dice should reduce the bombs to 8+2 like the Belheim and remove the 3th bomb view. And we still need to see the upgrade tree changed for fighters in to dogfighters and fighter bombers. I find the AA/MAA quit deadly especially in a fighter. In a bomber you can take more hits and get away but it still prevent bombers from flying in to the area.
  • Cropulus
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    It would be nice if people would name the game mode when talking about planes. Imo they are no problem in CQ but only in Go and breakthrough. The only map where I see planes going on kill streak in CQ is Fjeld. Only the best pilots can go 30-0 in a fighter and they are really rare. The Ju88 still seem to be the main problem. Dice should reduce the bombs to 8+2 like the Belheim and remove the 3th bomb view. And we still need to see the upgrade tree changed for fighters in to dogfighters and fighter bombers. I find the AA/MAA quit deadly especially in a fighter. In a bomber you can take more hits and get away but it still prevent bombers from flying in to the area.

Agreed. Planes in conquest are no issue at all, even though I was killed three times by a plane in one night (not super special, but I was the only one that got killed) Bombers on Hamada on breakthrough are destroying the game. Hamada on Breakthrough is great unless you have a bomber and a stuka on their side and no one on yours that can fly a plane to save their life. Fjell is also terrible. In addition it would be nice if they fix the bombing when you are clearing out the zone and you need to wait to push intl the next objective.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good pilots, especially bomber pilots with no comparative pilots on the other side will always cause havoc and rack up tons of kills. In my experience however these rounds are rare. If you start trying to balance planes because they are OP i the very best hands, you will make them rubbish in the average persons hands.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good pilots, especially bomber pilots with no comparative pilots on the other side will always cause havoc and rack up tons of kills. In my experience however these rounds are rare. If you start trying to balance planes because they are OP i the very best hands, you will make them rubbish in the average persons hands.
    Agree, but bombers are still a problem in GO/BT and especially the JU88 since most players are clustered around the flag and bomber pilots really dont have to have much skills i order to carpet bomb the same area 24/7. Imo you cant balance the game around a team having a good fighter pilot or a team willing to choose fighter over bombers. And if DICE change the AA/MAA in GO/BT it usually has a bad effect on CQ. We had the same problem in BF1.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1795 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree, but bombers are still a problem in GO/BT and especially the JU88 since most players are clustered around the flag and bomber pilots really dont have to have much skills i order to carpet bomb the same area 24/7. Imo you cant balance the game around a team having a good fighter pilot or a team willing to choose fighter over bombers. And if DICE change the AA/MAA in GO/BT it usually has a bad effect on CQ. We had the same problem in BF1.

The problem is, if you add more AA to BT you risk making planes non viable.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    if you guys really know how to fly a fighter, you can safely OHK an AA at the edge of its range with rockets without getting almost any hit.
    Attackers and bombers can just take some damage and kill the AA.

The balance is broken. Only idiots get shot down by AA lol.
    If you are a pilot and complain how OP the AA is, you are just BAD.
  • SirBobdk
    edited February 18

The problem is, if you add more AA to BT you risk making planes non viable.
    Agree. That's not the solution. It breaks CQ.
    But making the bombers a bit harder to use may be a solution or make the fighter a fix sloth in GO/BT.
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    If you are a pilot and complain how OP the AA is, you are just BAD.
    Its not OP. It kills fighters quit easy and keep bombers away. Like it suppose to be.
    Fighters > Bombers > AA >Fighters
    But planes need a balance tweak.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 18
    I got destroyed by bomber the other day who finished the round top with 78-0 on breakthrough hamada. I tried my best on British AA but the bomber had learned the flying pattern to make AA really ineffective. He'd also switch to machine guns to snipe at you as he was flying off waiting to reload his payload and return to take me out time and again. There doesn't seem to be a solution if there's not a combination of adequate friendly fighters pilots and an AA gunner attacking in unison, especially if the enemy player is very skilled and elusive.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    edited February 18
    I got destroyed by bomber the other day who finished the round top with 78-0 on breakthrough hamada. I tried my best on British AA but the bomber had learned the flying pattern to make AA really ineffective. He'd also switch to machine guns to snipe at you as he was flying off waiting to reload his payload and return to take me out time and again. There doesn't seem to be a solution if there's not a combination of adequate friendly fighters pilots and an AA gunner attacking in unison, especially if the enemy player is very skilled and elusive.

Maybe there needs to be a cool down on quick repair, and also when a pilot switches to the gunners position there should be more 'penalties' for a pilot-less plane. If you want to keep a bomber in the air it should be more a team effort ie: needs a gunner.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same every game. They go back and forth between OP AA and UP AA until eventually finding a good balance a year after release and then they just throw all that progress away for the next game.

BF1 eventually had a good balance for AA and I feel BF5 should adopt the same approach. Shorter horizontal range but very effective the closer a plane gets. Essentially turning them into point defence against aircraft. Would force Mobile AA to get out of their spawn zones for a change.

This is a good suggestion.
    Additionally I think they should increase the spawn delay on bombers by a minute