Please fix the eplieptic flickering.

Wiiiggum
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know it might have not been discovered in the 30 seconds of test time before rolling out the patch.
It's god awful, it flickers and modulates the audio to the timing of the flicker.

Comments

• Carbonic
    1198 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • Wiiiggum
    Thanks.
    Must have met EA and DICE quality standards for them to release it anyway.
  • serpico074
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Annotazione.png

in the next update.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 15
    Carbonic wrote: »

Epileptic thing is so obvious that even their testers should have found it, it is like no one played a round with the update before releasing it (This said they probably seen it but just let it go to the next patch because of not enough time to find and fix, it is probably caused by a fix to something else, like the missing respawn.).
  • Wiiiggum
    how do they manage to screw everything up, every time. 1 step forward, 10 steps back.

It seems they allocate the least amount of people to patch the game while the rest of the team move straight into making the next broken rushed battlefield experience to release way before it's completed.
  • D5RAT
    1999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »

really??? they actually need telling about this ! Wow things are worse than I suspected over at DICE
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    really??? they actually need telling about this ! Wow things are worse than I suspected over at DICE

Any decent large budget game has a bug reporter. Games like this have thousands of bugs, it's just most are rare or not even obvious. And are never fixed because it really doesn't matter, hundreds of ones in BF1 and BF4 never were. A big obvious bug like this, yeah that gets noticed real fast and put on the priority list. As demonstrated by the fact that they are saying they have a fix after two days.

Personally I had it when I installed the patch, but when I updated to the same day feb 13 Nivida driver it went away, yet it is also affecting consoles, so it is a game bug. But not a universal game bug.
  • CSO7777
    1067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any decent large budget game has a bug reporter. Games like this have thousands of bugs, it's just most are rare or not even obvious. And are never fixed because it really doesn't matter, hundreds of ones in BF1 and BF4 never were. A big obvious bug like this, yeah that gets noticed real fast and put on the priority list. As demonstrated by the fact that they are saying they have a fix after two days.

Personally I had it when I installed the patch, but when I updated to the same day feb 13 Nivida driver it went away, yet it is also affecting consoles, so it is a game bug. But not a universal game bug.
    I code myself (at work), and must say I sometimes create bugs that are so stupid that I wonder how I ever made anything that worked, during the last 20+ years of coding.

Seriously, this bug happens rarely for me (perhaps 1 out of 50 deaths) and it seems to happen on some maps more than others (Devastation had this several times today). It's annoying but not game-breaking (I don't have epilepsy).

Testing software is very time-consuming (often takes as much time as coding) and can be very tedious. Sometimes it really seems like Dice needs to have the CTE-program opened again and use it for finding bugs in the game. This would probably make the patching-process slower than it is now, if bugs where found, the patches could get postponed a little.

Still personally I think the last patch had more good than bad, so I'm glad they released it (even with new bugs).
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is the flickering in the deployment menu after death I got this bad on Narvik but didn’t have it again on any of the other maps I played yesterday. I never seen this before until this patch. I am asking because I was wondering if something was wrong on my end.
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Wiiiggum
    Pelliy wrote: »

I think each patch requires sony/micorsoft certification on console. So it costs money. Surely a fix could be rolled out on Origin for pc players but it seems pretty clear it currently meets EA/Dice
    quality standards.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me a few times yesterday as well. How the heck did this make it past "testing"??!!
  • TFBisquit
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don't test. We do that for them.
    By the end of the month they take a look at the nerfed weapons and if anybody is still playing with them. If not they overdone it, but if there are some they did alright. Or so they believe.
    The old and new bugs come to them by posts on reddit etc. youtubers and the likes.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3862 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    By the end of the month they take a look at the nerfed weapons and if anybody is still playing with them. If not they overdone it, but if there are some they did alright. Or so they believe.
    The old and new bugs come to them by posts on reddit etc. youtubers and the likes.

well they do actually test but no matter how much testing is done, things that appear after release dont always appear during testing. The public on all 3 platforms is a much broader base to find things/issues.

-CB
  • TFBisquit
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The death cam flickering was in my face the first minute I played the new patch lol.
  • Wiiiggum

well they do actually test but no matter how much testing is done, things that appear after release dont always appear during testing. The public on all 3 platforms is a much broader base to find things/issues.

-CB
    Are you honestly trying to say they tested it and didn't notice? It seems much more like it was noticed and ignored. It seems to have met the quality standards EA/DICE have for a retail product.
  • TFBisquit
    Well, it could be it took longer on their testing machines, explaining why they missed it. After all, it’s not in every deathcam.
    However, just like the balancing they did, it all seems a bit rushed.
  • RichAC
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    I don' thave this issue at all with my 1070. Apparenlty its a ray tracing thing? Seems like new technology, I wouldn't be so quick to blame ea. Desktop pc's are a dying breed and you are lucky if suspend works properly with your windows 10. The hardware support is almost on par with linux nowadays lol.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3862 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Wiiiggum wrote: »

-CB
    Are you honestly trying to say they tested it and didn't notice? It seems much more like it was noticed and ignored. It seems to have met the quality standards EA/DICE have for a retail product.

Things dont always appear during testing and to think that they do is just asinine. I can think another issue that occurred once the game hit the public that didnt occur during testing aka the CC issue.

-CB