We need more challenges after maxing out a weapon

aRrAyStArTaT0
786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I prefer to snipe, specifically with the Geweher sniper. I don't like the other snipers. I've completed every challenge related to the gun.
Why can't there be more challenges to unlock gold parts for different scopes atleast? Nobody uses gold iron sights on a sniper.
Now if I want to get CC, I have to play using different guns. You don't even get CC for completing milestones (250, 500, 1000 kills) for weapons. I want to continue getting CC without changing my style and gun.
It seems like BFV is the only game I know of that actively discourages you from perfection.

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So you play the game for skins ?
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    So you play the game for skins ?

No. I just think it's dumb that the game is discouraging you from playing your favorite gun/class after you've maxed it out. You don't get anything nearly as fast. Want to specialize a tank that's level 4 but your infantry gameplay is primarily with one level 10 SMG? Well, now you're playing a lot longer to get that 1200 CC compared to if you were playing with a level 3 SMG.
    It'd also be nice to have these mastery skins apply to different sight styles. In order to use the golden sight, why do snipers, who specialize at long range, need to use iron sights?? Same thing with any gun and any skin. Like Birch? Well, it's locked to ONE sight. Like blackout? Well, it's also locked to only one type. Throughout leveling up my sniper, I didn't even get any other 6x scope with a skin. I've got to purchase one with CC, which I can't do easily because they cost so much (anywhere from 6k-15k) and I only get ~200 CC for each match.
  • superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i mean this is a radical suggestion, but you could just play the game?
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    superteds wrote: »
    i mean this is a radical suggestion, but you could just play the game?

I'm confused. I am playing the game. Like, a lot. But I'm not getting CC.
    It's literally a suggestion. No need to get snarky about it.
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's literally thousands of challenges when you step out of your comfort zone.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    There's literally thousands of challenges when you step out of your comfort zone.

Did you read the post??? Like, at all??
    It's not about stepping out of my comfort zone. It's about perfecting my skill with a weapon with hundreds of hours meaning NOTHING to DICE and my spendable currency. It's about how you can get 1000s of kills with a specific weapon and you get NOTHING past those few assignment and match rewards. NOTHING to show for the fact you got 3k kills with the Lee Enfield. Nothing to show that you got 1000 kills with the STG-44. Nothing to show you got any of this. No coins. No skins. Nothing past what you get for just playing the game.
    It's bound to happen eventually, but players are going to start hitting level 10 with EVERY gun and then have nothing to do anymore. Then they'll leave.
    That's what I'm dealing with now. Every gun that fits my playstyle and I like that seems perfect is done with me. I finished their challenges. I'm no longer rewarded for playing with them and doing well compared to playing with a gun I've never used before. In fact, I'm rewarded more for using guns I've never used before. It's backwards.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the vehicles had their own progression assignments like the weapons did. Wouldn't mind if pistols got specializations and assignments as well.
  • olavafar
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose it is because doing the assignments takes some resources. You want endless assignments on a single rifle but then we have some 40 weapons or so so its 40 * endless which is a lot of assignments. I just suggest you make up your own assignments. That is what I have always done when I run out of assignments in games.
    How about this one: 100 head shot kills on a distance less that 40 meters in a round of TDM. Work on that and when you have done it, double the kill amount and go again.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So like service stars basically? I see no harm in stuff like that being added to the game even if I have never cared about service stars personally. I didn't even notice there weren't service stars, that's how little I care lol. Still though, no reason to hate on the suggestion. If some people like getting rewarded for using guns let 'em have their rewards.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah we need more '1000 headshots whilst attacking an objective, whilst prone, whilst wearing wellies and a trilby' assignments.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think Service Stars would be good for each weapon, and perhaps they award a certain amount of Company Coin for each service star earned (perhaps somewhere around 1000 CC?).
    I do see what you mean, although I personally don't have that problem - it feels like once you've got a weapon fully gold (or even fully Mint, for me) there's not much point playing with it in terms of progression, because you don't get any tangible rewards. I say I don't have that problem, although I kind of do, because I tend to focus on maybe one or two weapons per class (depending on the class) and try to get those to level 10 and Mint, then pick a new weapon and play with that one. But then I don't really go back to those weapons because there's a fair few weapons and I've not got that many completely Mint yet, so while I really enjoy using the StG 44 my brain's like 'no we have to use the weapons we're doing the assignments for'.
    I do agree that the sight customisation should be more like you choose the sight type in the separate section at the top of the weapon customisation menu, and that just has Irons, Reflex/Nydar, Aperture, 3x scope etc, then add a new slot in the main body of the customisation menu which is the sight appearance, so for example when you unlock the Predator sight on an Assault weapon, which is always the 1x sight, you would instead get the Predator appearance for the sight customisation option on that weapon, and you can equip it on the Iron sights, Aperture, and 3x scope as well as the RDS.
    (I'm not sure how much sense that explanation made - basically you'd have two Sight customisation options, one which changed the type of sight, and one which changed the appearance, so you can have a Gold Plated 6x scope or whatever).
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Yeah we need more '1000 headshots whilst attacking an objective, whilst prone, whilst wearing wellies and a trilby' assignments.

They're not assignments. They're rewards for using a gun enough that most would consider it mastery. You still can't get a 6x or even 3x gold scope on a sniper. You can't get a ACOG or AA gold sight on an MMG. You really can't get any of that and that's the bottom of what I'm asking for. No sniper in their right mind would want to go around without a scope. No reason to act like it can't be done or that it shouldn't happen either. As far as I can tell, asking for gold 6x on snipers is nearly the same as asking for the level 50 CC bug to be fixed. It's something that obviously should exist, but yet for some reason, it doesn't.
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

It's not about stepping out of my comfort zone. It's about perfecting my skill with a weapon with hundreds of hours meaning NOTHING to DICE and my spendable currency. It's about how you can get 1000s of kills with a specific weapon and you get NOTHING past those few assignment and match rewards. NOTHING to show for the fact you got 3k kills with the Lee Enfield. Nothing to show that you got 1000 kills with the STG-44. Nothing to show you got any of this. No coins. No skins. Nothing past what you get for just playing the game.
    It's bound to happen eventually, but players are going to start hitting level 10 with EVERY gun and then have nothing to do anymore. Then they'll leave.
    That's what I'm dealing with now. Every gun that fits my playstyle and I like that seems perfect is done with me. I finished their challenges. I'm no longer rewarded for playing with them and doing well compared to playing with a gun I've never used before. In fact, I'm rewarded more for using guns I've never used before. It's backwards.

Yes I read your post and I left some sarcasm. There's literally thousands of things to do in the game and you wine that your weapon doesn't have infinite achievements. There will always be an end to your "so called" achievements they can't go forever. That's why I suggested play a different weapon and acquire a different skill set. As for players leaving, if as many people left that said they would on these forums, the game would be unplayable 🤔
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

Yes I read your post and I left some sarcasm. There's literally thousands of things to do in the game and you wine that your weapon doesn't have infinite achievements. There will always be an end to your "so called" achievements they can't go forever. That's why I suggested play a different weapon and acquire a different skill set. As for players leaving, if as many people left that said they would on these forums, the game would be unplayable 🤔

My favorite thing is how this forum takes every piece of criticism or suggestion and says the OP is "whining" just for suggesting something new.
    My point is, would it really kill them to throw in an extra 200 CC for every 100 kills with a certain weapon? Like, for real. You don't have to be a jerk about it either.
  • pointmanjeff

My favorite thing is how this forum takes every piece of criticism or suggestion and says the OP is "whining" just for suggesting something new.
    My point is, would it really kill them to throw in an extra 200 CC for every 100 kills with a certain weapon? Like, for real. You don't have to be a jerk about it either.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like the forum has turned in a gripe session. Maybe, when they get the major flaws corrected we'll see something as your suggestion. But, I'm overwhelmed with the small suggestions so I know the developers have to be. You read through the forums all you see is if this doesn't change the games dead, or I'm quitting, etc. The game is trying to appease to many different crowds at this point and has lost direction in what sold time and time again. I took your post as if you don't get what you want your done. If that was not your intent I apologise.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like the forum has turned in a gripe session. Maybe, when they get the major flaws corrected we'll see something as your suggestion. But, I'm overwhelmed with the small suggestions so I know the developers have to be. You read through the forums all you see is if this doesn't change the games dead, or I'm quitting, etc. The game is trying to appease to many different crowds at this point and has lost direction in what sold time and time again. I took your post as if you don't get what you want your done. If that was not your intent I apologise.

So you're saying we should stop asking for things because bigger things are needed? I don't get that.
  • pointmanjeff
    1. You said once players max all their guns to level 10 they'll get bored and leave. If a player maxes all their guns to level 10 before a new battlefield then so be it. They would literally spend months playing the game.
    2. You said all the guns that fit your play style are done. You have no more challenges left. I looked up your origin tracker and determined you still have a ways to go before all the bolt action rifles are at level 10. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Sprinkles298/weapons.
    3. Yes there are far bigger issues at hand rather than trying to change the smaller things first. And as you said before people will leave. If people are leaving it's because of infinite loading screens, ttd, tow assignment tracking, etc. Not because they have maxed all their guns to level 10.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    1. You said once players max all their guns to level 10 they'll get bored and leave. If a player maxes all their guns to level 10 before a new battlefield then so be it. They would literally spend months playing the game.
    2. You said all the guns that fit your play style are done. You have no more challenges left. I looked up your origin tracker and determined you still have a ways to go before all the bolt action rifles are at level 10. https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/Sprinkles298/weapons.
    3. Yes there are far bigger issues at hand rather than trying to change the smaller things first. And as you said before people will leave. If people are leaving it's because of infinite loading screens, ttd, tow assignment tracking, etc. Not because they have maxed all their guns to level 10.

1. You can level up a gun to level 10 in a few hours of using it. You can get the challenges in another few hours. Considering people were reaching level 50 (something that took me over 100 hours to do) in under a week, I'd say it's extremely possible people have already done this, or something close. The lack of new content suggests the only thing for players to do next is leave right? There's not enough progression to keep some people playing in games that have MORE progression and customization than this. The game is already lacking content, and any attempt at more content should never be seen as a bad thing.
    2. Not all bolt action rifles are the same. The Lee Enfield has such a low bullet velocity it's unusable. The Karg98 just doesn't work for me for whatever reason. Past that, there's what? 1 more bolt action rifle? It really shows what level you're on when you feel obligated to look at someone elses stats when they present a generic example.
    3. I don't see why we should ever stop asking for improvement. Big things, small things, who cares. Improvement is improvement. If I know anything about games, people get past bugs if the game is fun. Many people don't have fun if there's nothing to do. You can look on most forums and most other games out there. People play them to have fun and get better. People get past bugs that should ruin an experience because the game is fun and there's stuff to do. If you remove the stuff to do, what else is there to keep players around? Because gameplay isn't enough anymore.

Look at Titanfall for example. The first one was elegant and perfect in gunplay and systems. But after you progressed through the first 50 or so levels, there's nothing new for you to get or do. So people left. Within 6 months of the game hitting the market, the entire community left the game. Everything about it was good except for it's progression. Why should we sit back and act like progression means nothing when that's what has driven game population for YEARS?

Another example: The Division. Buggy at first, but people played it because there was progression. And since there's not been really anything new content wise, people stopped playing. Same thing with dozens of other great games.
    Don't sit back and act like content isn't lacking. Don't be one of those "We should fix bugs before adding content" and forget that you can do both at the same time.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    There's a reason why games that don't have progression die quickly. The market demands skill trees or specializations or some other form of progression. And when that progression is locked behind a wall of imaginary currency, it's really not a bad idea to give the player a bit more for essentially leveling one gun to what would be level 100 if the cap wasn't level 10.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always get a little confused by the "I have a million kills and 100k hours with X weapon, why is this game so boring?" threads.