Why is it that people can claim vehicles when you can't even see them spawn?

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Complete BS, I was unconvincingly told by a dev it was a bug months ago, it would be great if they patched it. Sometimes on Panzerstorm A & G don’t even show as captured on the map so it’s impossible to spawn on vehicles there.

Even in BF1 we could hover over unavailable tanks so we could customise them. The amount of times I’ve lost a tank while customising it then NEVER getting one for the rest of the game is pretry rage inducing, especially as a tanker.
  • PrecisionWing
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Like this one:
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    i've noticed this too. It happens more often on Planes spawn.
  • ChewGoat
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten the flashing red screen at the top saying to the effect that unable to use the tank even though there is one available?
    At that’s with the closest home flag still under your control.

Yes, loads.

get that lots of times and not just when trying to spawn in a tank. i click plenty of places on the map that we have control on and end up spawning at our main base or 2nd main base which 1 in 50 times is waaaaaaaay out of bounds and end up dead.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They implemented these gamemechanics because cryhards cried that they couldn’t get a vehicle. Although that system is there to be ‘fair’ for others it feels unfair to others. Why? DICE don’t communicate about implementing these kind of protective measuers to ensure cryhards don’t quit the game. Although I totally disagree with these mechanics at least be open about your gamerules DICE!
  • Netranger9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My mate is a tanker only and he has a script setup that clicks the icon 100 times a sec so he can get his tank.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My mate use to fight over an objective so he could get an T90 tank instead of an Abrahms tank. No que. Just fight. No scripts. No dumb cryhard protective measures. Just fun.
  • SirBobdk
    3870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back vehicle spawn on flags and runways. Make flags important to capture in order to gain more vehicles.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The other stupid thing is the slot system for equipped vehicles. You might want a light tank the next round but because you were (rushing to get a vehicle slot), you can press the wrong bloody equipped slot because the game before you might have been using something from tier 3 when you have your light tanks in tier 1 if you follow.

All this because your having to panic rush the vehicle spawn as most maps have 1/2 spawn, and even when you get the slot, it can go red and you lose it.. Rage inducing or what.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very annoying bug and it was NOT fixed in the patch.
  • Agent_Talon
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So glad it's not just me watching 3 tanks get taken by teammates when I never see them available for spawn. Add it to the list of stuff that makes me play more Apex than BF5.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So glad it's not just me watching 3 tanks get taken by teammates when I never see them available for spawn. Add it to the list of stuff that makes me play more Apex than BF5.

So very true. The fact this has gone on since Bf1 speaks volumes for how this game has become more infantry focused.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Back in most BF games, vehicles would spawn at a homebase or objective. 100% fair for all AND, you could before stepping into a vehicle check the ground for mines, man homebase defence, spot targets preying on the homebase area.

In Bf5, I've spawned into tanks to be blown up by plane mines directly under the spawn point, spawned and seen enemy tanks start firing away at me becuase of the stupid map design. Been bombed by bombers doing their flybys. Had my tank stolen (esp now with depots needing to be repaired), stuck on terrain and I can't even head back to homebase to get another tank. Your basically gimped as a engineer, you can't even customise like other classes, you can't even look at the tank specs etc until you get one in game wasting more time.

I've had times the tank slot spawns and as I go to hit it, it's moved to another flag and someone claims it, other times it goes red and stays that way?

Man, I miss games like bf3, BC, 1943 etc.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The tank spawn thing is a joke, people just seem to be sitting on the deploy screen hammering left click to get the tank before it even shows as being available. I've been in the customization menu after clicking on an available tank and somehow still failed to get it. Just seems to me if someone hammers left click enough it gives them the tank regardless. Same issues in bf1 as well.
  • MBT_Layzan
    The tank spawn thing is a joke, people just seem to be sitting on the deploy screen hammering left click to get the tank before it even shows as being available. I've been in the customization menu after clicking on an available tank and somehow still failed to get it. Just seems to me if someone hammers left click enough it gives them the tank regardless. Same issues in bf1 as well.

And Dice who made this change say nothing......
  • PrecisionWing
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The UI designer for this change in bf1/5 should be fired. Period. Have they ever tried this feature before releasing it? It doesn't make any sense.
  • MBT_Layzan

The UI designer for this change in bf1/5 should be fired. Period. Have they ever tried this feature before releasing it? It doesn't make any sense.

Defiantly. who thinks of this stuff?

Twisted steel is like one road where all the tanks spawn, so what do planes do, litter the area with mines that we don't even get pts for taking out, and can't be spotted like infantry placed mines. All made easy because you can't see anything as you have to spawn into a tank now.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited February 18
    It actually lags, you can claim a tank spawn, and then a second after, it goes red and gives it to someone else. It's like dices personal joke....
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I think that it may be two things. The first seems like it was mentioned as being fixed in the new patch. That is the bug where your rag doll wouldn’t disappear when you died in a tank. Therefore the game doesn’t recognize you as being eligible to spawn in a tank again(or something like that - not sure exactly)

The second is that someone might be afk in the vehicle customization screen. So the vehicle doesn’t show as available in the spawn screen but after you arrive on the spawn screen they finally deploy which makes it look like they just grabbed a vehicle you didn’t get an opportunity to take yourself but in reality it was already taken before you got to the deploy screen.

You can't access any vehicle customization in game. You have to be in a menu to access those.

You can access the vehicle customization screen from the deploy screen by selecting the vehicle spawn symbol and then clicking on customize.

Half the time I click on a tank, I forget there is an additional selection you have to make--and by that time, someone else has gotten it.. I think it should give the person that clicked on it at least 30-45 seconds to realize and make their vehicle type selection, or else default to which ever one has been ranked up the highest by that person (if no selection is made) but don't let some other whipper-snapper get the tank you clicked on first.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How this bug or BS still exists in this game since their stupid change in how vehicles spawn is beyond me.

There are literally dozens of annoyances (that don't really affect game play though) which seem also very easy to fix...like when you spawn into a game with 40 tickets left (annoyance #1) then you hear "Our first enemy kill" (annoyance #2). Quality Control department must be at lunch (all day)