DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Like the last game, EA/Dice swoop in and do a lot of talking about anti-cheat measures and then do ABSOLUTELY nothing. I remember how they were posting how many players Fairfight supposedly banned, without give any names. They could have been making those numbers up, we would never know. Until you give us proof, you haven't done anything. At least Steam puts a vac banned note, on a banned players profile, for everyone to see.
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I do not get why announcing the username of those who got the banhammer for their actions is a privacy laws issue.
    Their username is not their private information but their public name/ID in that game community
    If I had been attacked by someone irl I would like as a victim to know what happened on that attackers case after the police got him/her.

because actual accountability would expose EA as incompetent frauds.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does BFV have anti-cheat wow I would have never of thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BigChubby6
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think I have some of the better equipment available...an Alienware R6 with a solid state HD, stage 2 overclock, liquid cooled, NVIDIA 1080p, 240hz 1ms monitor, G-Sync, Brown key keyboard, G900 mouse, Corsair Headphones, Netgear Nighthawk connected to high speed internet via ethernet. After 1060 hours in BF1 and dealing with some cheaters, I decided to buy BFV as a Christmas present to me...and holy crap. I get OSOK'd by level 8s from across the map with a pistol. I get OSOK'd through boulders by a level 50 Assaulter. I get machine gunned while under a tree by a strafing Stuka. I sit still in a bush and get OSOK sniped across the map from God knows where. I shoot a player several times with a Lewis gun, get a green head shot indication, and they turn around and OSOK me immediately. If I play medic and lay down smoke, I get shot by players who see through the smoke.

After only 90 hours of BFV I know I'm still not that good...but c'mon...if this isn't obvious cheating I don't know what is. Something needs to be done and done fast because this game is almost unplayable.
  • AvroArrow99
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Ok that’s great and all but how about unbanning all those that were falsely reported by salty kids that got killed by someone better than them? [video removed due to N&S]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • SoImDunn
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating problem is so bad, and is taking so long to be addressed properly that I have decided not to play Battlefield V until the issue is addressed. This is something that should have been implemented when the game was released not several months afterwards. It has pretty much ruined the community and my experience with the franchise.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mario wrote: »
    so far nothing looks like anything is done about the cheating, it's becoming unplayable, servers are flooded with those ************ cheaters, EVERY game is ruined by those pathetic excuses of beings (whatever), hope this will be sorted soon,

Correct but what did you expect? This latest update from DICE basically tells us they aren't going to aggressively address the cheaters. It's very disappointing.
  • Deltium
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In contrast, look at how Respawn (a separate EA company) is handling this much better (from a PC Gamer article):

Respawn has banned more than 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters since the battle royale game launched on February 5, it said in a Reddit post yesterday.

It didn't break that figure down by platform, so we don't know how many of those cheaters are on PC. I haven't run into any obvious cheaters yet, but clearly they exist—and Respawn is encouraging more players to flag up anything suspicious.

"If you run into a cheater, please try and capture the evidence and let us know here," it said. "Even if you don’t get proof, get their ID and flag it and we can investigate the account."

Clearly it'd be easier if you could report players directly in the game, and it sounds like that feature may be arriving at some point. "We have heard your feedback about a report feature in the game. I’ll just say that’s a very good idea," the community manager that wrote the post said.

Look at how Respawn is communicating so much better with its players, but yet here we receive near zero feedback, lack of transparency regarding bans, and clearly a higher number of cheaters.
    This is why I have stopped playing Battlefield and cancelling my Origin membership.
  • TrumpIsNo1
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Dice , i do recommend that all game features upgrades and promos be held off until the majority of hacking/ cheating gets sorted out. Push out the security patches first before game features. Game Security should be your main priority. Firstly it is pointless to push any new features as long there is hacking in any of the servers , the whole balance of the game get thrown off. What is point of rolling out new game modes/features , when a single, few players destroy the game mechanics.
  • India51A
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, forget cheaters, get the damn game right first. The balancing is garbage, no matter what players you have in your team, on every server I have played on, ONE team wins every match, ALWAYS! This should be your first priority, the game is a mess, you still get stuck on small boulders, and bits of wood, you can also easily get stuck in a corner too. Spawning is way out, often you get spawned well away from your objective, and once I was so far away I spawned right in front of two enemy tanks.

This could be a good game if only you would fix it. Rant over!
  • India51A
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TrumpIsNo1 wrote: »
    Dice , i do recommend that all game features upgrades and promos be held off until the majority of hacking/ cheating gets sorted out. Push out the security patches first before game features. Game Security should be your main priority. Firstly it is pointless to push any new features as long there is hacking in any of the servers , the whole balance of the game get thrown off. What is point of rolling out new game modes/features , when a single, few players destroy the game mechanics.

Mate, you must have noticed, the balancing has been off since the game launched, it needs fixing first.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Deltium wrote: »
    In contrast, look at how Respawn (a separate EA company) is handling this much better (from a PC Gamer article):

Respawn has banned more than 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters since the battle royale game launched on February 5, it said in a Reddit post yesterday.

It didn't break that figure down by platform, so we don't know how many of those cheaters are on PC. I haven't run into any obvious cheaters yet, but clearly they exist—and Respawn is encouraging more players to flag up anything suspicious.

"If you run into a cheater, please try and capture the evidence and let us know here," it said. "Even if you don’t get proof, get their ID and flag it and we can investigate the account."

Clearly it'd be easier if you could report players directly in the game, and it sounds like that feature may be arriving at some point. "We have heard your feedback about a report feature in the game. I’ll just say that’s a very good idea," the community manager that wrote the post said.

Look at how Respawn is communicating so much better with its players, but yet here we receive near zero feedback, lack of transparency regarding bans, and clearly a higher number of cheaters.
    This is why I have stopped playing Battlefield and cancelling my Origin membership.

Exactly. But we have people saying what respawn it's doing is no different from dice simply because it's a free to play. Respawn appears more connected to the player base. Dice however does not do they do shoulder Some blame
  • GTT_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating in BF5 seems a real problem compared to previous BF game (on PC at least).
    Between cheating and the absolute lack of any team balance mechanic, this game is kind of ruined for me.

I don't have much hope for this development team. What a shame and a missed opportunity.
  • kpitank
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Hello Battlefield V Community,

Today we released "Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V" blog, providing some insight into our efforts for fair play in Battlefield V, our goals on constantly improving detection, and dedication to the Battlefield community.

What are the top five things DICE is doing to prevent cheating in Battlefield V?
    • Working on better prevention, hardening the PC client against exploits.
    • Scaling up detection efforts.
    • Investigating supplementary deterrence methods which can work alongside banning accounts.
    • Investigating methods of improving the reporting flow, including easier reporting.
    • Keeping up to date with the latest cheat developments and reacting to them in a faster and leaner manner.

We definitely want to work with the community on improving our anti-cheat efforts as an ongoing commitment to our Battlefield V community as part of our Live Service.
    We'd love to have your feedback, suggestions, questions, so we've opened this thread to gather all of that. We ask that you keep it constructive and productive. Together we can continue improving Battlefield V for all of us.

So, read through the blog and come back to share your feedback.

Jeff Braddock
    North American Community Manager - Battlefield

You lose the time!
    we are consumers, in my case, I am not a boy, I play for fun, but it is very sad, saw cheaters in the game, we don't see actions against this, I have been playing bf for years, and this is the worst the cases I've seen, where you get there is a cheater, and the party wins in 5 minutes.

You can have exceptional graphics and fascinating stories, but if the game acept cheaters, then you are not doing your job well, I feel cheated, scamed or whatever you want.

BFV dont care my invesment.

[images removed due to N&S]

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To sum this up: You are going to do a lot of talking, but take no action?
  • vtallbloke
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    To sum this up: You are going to do a lot of talking, but take no action?

This is exactly how it feels for me.
    This is the most rife game of bf I have EVER played. Its unbelievably stupid, the sheer amount of cheaters.
    Dont get me wrong, I know there are good players, but not with KD ratios of 90/12, playing as a medic with a thompson (as was the case in the last match I played this evening)
    I have reported, Chinese player (and I am not saying all cheaters are before someone starts that line)

I stoped buying CoD line, because even during beta release weekends the cheaters were openly out, cheating and then uploading videos showing their handy work.
    BF is becoming the same- I dont object to being beaten by a better player/squad/team, but cheaters are just ruining your franchise.

Your game looks so good on reasonable hardware, plays well, has great story lines/back stories, but is broken because of the cheaters.

You do NOT employ ANY anti-cheat but are reliant on people reporting. Why should we have to do the work for you?

Give us the option to control our own servers once again, if you wont take action yourself, let us.

This WILL be the last game in this franchise I buy, if we do not see EA doing something about this. I may as well get a console and play there (and yes there are cheaters there also, but I just wont play this game)

The gaming industry is exceptionally profitable atm for gaming studios, but you are clearly showing you are just out for taking our cash and dont really care about the dedicated people that pay for your releases, year after year and keep you all in work.

So get it sorted- the guys I used to play with daily, our group is getting smaller and smaller by the day, because they are so fed up with all the cheating.
  • Bozman123
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Come in from work played 2 tdm games both had a different cheater,just lay there killing for fun when i came off the server he was 25-1 after 4 mins ..T he makers of this game ought to hang there heads in shame, sadly they have cheated the whole bf community with false dawns , promising this and that and delivering on nothing, like stealing money..
  • BigChubby6
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just spectated a game for the first time. I looked at the scoreboard to figure out who to watch. I watched a player from the top of the leader board from each side (the 30v2 ones). One player was picking off players from the other team who you couldn't even see through the shrubs and trees. The other was following his minimap that had every player lit up. He went directly to them over walls and through building picking them off. It isn't hard DICE...and I'll watch players for free, because playing isn't really worth it anymore.
  • evriviadis
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    when a new anticheat system goes on there always be new methods of cheating.nothing will hapened.and if you dare tell anything you will be banned for language.the language is the problem not that gaming clans admins and cheaters make other people miserable especially poor kids who bought this game with pain.maybe they see the tree and missing the whole forest here man.dont wait anything from them WE THE PLAYERS MUST DO SOMETHING about this
This discussion has been closed.