Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Cpt_Blitz_26
280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 18
Vote up this comment if you WANT battle royal mode in BF5

(see comment below for don't want).

Comments

• SecondAmendmnt
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like BR mode. It is far more competitive than the other modes. I just hope they make it right and don’t throw **** up against the wall like we’ve seen lately.
  • ElliotLH
    7270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Voted "no" as BR games aren't really my thing. I'm sure there are lots of people who will enjoy the mode though.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I probably would try it out, but I don't think it would be a regular thing for me. I like teamwork.
    Also, maybe off topic, but I noticed FART-NIGHT available in Wal-Mart for XBOX (and probably PS4 but I didn't look in that section). This makes me believe, when people say "But it's freeeee!" they are unaware of the old adage "there is no such thing as a free lunch"... the call the free one a Beta and get everyone hooked, then come out with console version which has new maps (just a guess) and new features, which lures people into buying the video game and then making in-game purchases on top of that. Same with Apex whatever it is called.. it may be free (for now).
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Waste of resources.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The player Numbers are so bad right now if they launch Battle Royale Conquest and Breakthrough will literally die.

DICE is killing there own game.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I've always found BR games to be something I've never been interested in and it passed me by. Then last week I played apex legends, abd while the cartoony wacky Sci fi style of it on the surface isn't my thing, I've found the actually gameplay solid and overall it's quite addictive.

So now I actually am looking forward to firestorm but with reservations.

I think people should be a bit more open minded toward it, you may like it. I've seen plenty of posts from people reacting with surprise and enjoyment towards game modes they've never bothered with but had to play through TOW.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, I can play Apex if I want to play a BR. I was upset they didn't make TF3 but hey.

I prefer battlefield for what it is and there are still so many bugs that need addressing + I would rather get some new MP maps.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle Royale for this game will be DOA.

Apex already craps on this game from design, structure, combat, movement to simple bug and glitch maintenance.

DICE are wasting their time trying to introduce this crap into the game to get a tick in the box.
  • CSO7777
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    Nah, I can play Apex if I want to play a BR. I was upset they didn't make TF3 but hey.

I prefer battlefield for what it is and there are still so many bugs that need addressing + I would rather get some new MP maps.
    Never played BR but then started playing Apex and must say it can be really fun - I spend as much time in Apex as in BFV. The adrenaline-rush in Apex is wild (unlike anything in BFV).

Apex is very polished (unlike BFV), but has bad netcode and very high TTK. If Dice could fix their bugs/issues and keep the ttk low, then it could actually be good. And Apex punishes players not playing with their team (mainly because of the TTK) and shows that team-based BR can work very well.

Best thing about Apex is that its not frustrating, everything just works like intended, you don't feel cheated by the game because of stupid bugs/issues like in BFV. Dice needs to fix a lot of the frustrating issues in BFV for people to like it.

Because Criterion is working on Firestorm, Dice will still work on normal BFV and if Firestorm has some success, this would probably only be good for the core game, giving Dice reasons to work harder on improving the game.

But it's probably too late to really take off and not being free-to-play, will be a big problem for Firestorm.
  • disposalist
    8335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    I think polls get locked, but my answer is neither. I neither wanted nor did not want BR. BR is different enough that it didn't cross my mind to ram it into BF.

I wouldn't say I *don't* want it, but I don't actively *want* it either.]

I don't know anyone that was asking for it...
  • Noodlesocks
    2479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I probably would try it out, but I don't think it would be a regular thing for me. I like teamwork.
    Also, maybe off topic, but I noticed FART-NIGHT available in Wal-Mart for XBOX (and probably PS4 but I didn't look in that section). This makes me believe, when people say "But it's freeeee!" they are unaware of the old adage "there is no such thing as a free lunch"... the call the free one a Beta and get everyone hooked, then come out with console version which has new maps (just a guess) and new features, which lures people into buying the video game and then making in-game purchases on top of that. Same with Apex whatever it is called.. it may be free (for now).

They are free. They make their money on cosmetics and such and they make a lot of money. The whole 'live service' business model has been very successful for many games but it requires a level of commitment that Dice Sweden doesn't seem to want to provide.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have played a bunch of BR games and honestly enjoy APEX better than many others. Even though I suck at it, it is still enjoyable.

I enjoyed Gunmaster in BF3 and IIRC in BF4 so I am not totally against the idea of a last man standing thing.

I also like the Infantry Only modes of most Battlefield games.

I still voted NO. I do not want a BR mode in BFV. I don't see it as needed. I do think it could be fun, especially if jumping in with a pistol at least. I don't believe the current devs can pull it off properly either.

I do think the franchise is heading in the wrong direction still. While it started out in large map muti discipline wars it slowly moved towards COD but is now heading towards PUBG/Fortnite. At least the maps are getting bigger again. BF shouldn't be following anyone. Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, now APEX. BF should be doing it's own thing.