My hopes for the M1 Garand

13»

Comments

• y_j_es_i
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    I hope it's in the Recon class as an SLR. I just want to see the salt from M1 Garand lovers, forced to play Recon to play with their baby. I think it would serve them right for not being patient with Dice.

Am I evil? Or am I right with my views?

If it’s a 2 shot killer I’ll use it
  • y_j_es_i
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to hear the pings in my headphones

When bae whispers in your ear 😌

https://i.imgtc.com/oe1pkQb.jpg
  • GrizzGolf
    889 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should be given to the medic class where it belongs
  • bran1986
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    It should be given to the medic class where it belongs

Damn right.
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I too have a CMP Garand, and while I do enjoy shooting it and agree it is very reliable I have to disagree about its accuracy. That isn’t to say it is an inaccurate rifle but it’s accuracy claims are overstated. I believe this is due to National Match rifles and accurized examples that are used to win service matches... Most run of the mill Garand’s I’ve encountered shoot about 3-4 MOA even with replacement Criterion barrels. That’s the same average accuracy as the ‘inaccurate’ modern AK.

You're giving my gun too much credit, it's probably closer to 5, haha.
    Understand when I say accurate I'm speaking relatively, as I don't compete and to me a 2 MOA difference isn't significant, as long as I hear the shots connect. I'm certainly not going to go drive tacks with it, but it's absolutely good enough for me to make rapid, accurate shots on a person-sized target at 100-200m with Ball.
    Just out of curiosity, how accurate is a Lee Enfield No4 IRL? Becuase, at least to me, in this game, it's quite inaccurate, at least compared to other BA rifles.

A fresh, mint one? Probably possible to get into the ~2 MOA neighborhood if they were built for purpose, although most of the ones you'll find on the market today have seen better days and are probably in the 5+ MOA range.
    *edit* nevermind, Kelly posted some hard numbers

Lol, I can't under or should I say close to 2 moa even locked down.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    I love the crap out of my Garand, probably one of the best gun purchases I've made. Very accurate, very reliable weapon.

I too have a CMP Garand, and while I do enjoy shooting it and agree it is very reliable I have to disagree about its accuracy. That isn’t to say it is an inaccurate rifle but it’s accuracy claims are overstated. I believe this is due to National Match rifles and accurized examples that are used to win service matches... Most run of the mill Garand’s I’ve encountered shoot about 3-4 MOA even with replacement Criterion barrels. That’s the same average accuracy as the ‘inaccurate’ modern AK.

Just out of curiosity, how accurate is a Lee Enfield No4 IRL? Becuase, at least to me, in this game, it's quite inaccurate, at least compared to other BA rifles.

Guns more accurate than the shooter in real life. Mine shoots pretty good at 200 yards with iron sights.

I had an American lend lease no1 mk4, was pretty accurate at 100yards, home loaded ammo made it even better.

It’s not represented that well in game.
  • GloriousRepublic
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol this game will be dead and abandoned by Dice before that ever gets out.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant say im interested in the M1 Garand, as DICE turns every weapon into the same low-recoil no sway behavior leading to the same feel with every gun.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    Cant say im interested in the M1 Garand, as DICE turns every weapon into the same low-recoil no sway behavior leading to the same feel with every gun.

I don't know why I enjoy this statement so much, but it does put a smile on my face.