Tides of war chapters

STEELCHEF14
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Starting to hate this chapter approach for "earning new weapons". I for one only like to play TDM. I don't like being forced to play all the other game modes to unlock new weapons and gear there should be other options to unlock them. I find that they are the worst for lag and connection issues. Very frustrating trying to complete the steps. Any one else?

Comments

• GrimeySix
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On one hand I get it, I like mostly playing Conquest and really never venture away, other than to unlock other things.

That said, I have to say, because of this I've found I really liked Breakthrough, and while it's not going to replace Conquest as my standard go-to, it's another mode I can enjoy and mix things up.

Also, you could apply your logic to nearly everything in the game; I don't like medic, so I can't open this; I don't use MMG so I can't get that; I rarely try to melee so I can't unlock such and such. I say, if you really want the thing, embrace the challenge, grind through it and get it. Maybe we even appreciate it more when it's that much harder to get.
  • full951
    2300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the weapons for sure will be available to you after the fact. and if it's like the vgo, it will relatively cheap on the CC wallet

the issue is the skins. when will those become available? as far as I can tell if you don't earn them during the week you won't get them
  • PuckersMcColon
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate some of the modes required, but understand why they do it. I just wish it was more of a checklist. Complete all tasks to unlock.
  • STEELCHEF14
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pluging away almost finished with the
    Chapter.😅
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know that this is probably impossible to logistically implement, but it would be nice if the CC purchases were prorated based upon how far you advanced on the ToW ladder.

For example, if the gun costs 1000 CCs, but you unlocked half of the ladder, it would only cost you 500 CCs.

Why would this be cool? Because I unlocked everything for the MMG except for getting a Frontlines Win and scoring a trillion Frontlines points.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to hate this chapter approach for "earning new weapons". I for one only like to play TDM. I don't like being forced to play all the other game modes to unlock new weapons and gear there should be other options to unlock them. I find that they are the worst for lag and connection issues. Very frustrating trying to complete the steps. Any one else?

If you only play TDM then you won’t be needing the new tank so no need for this weeks. And as others have said there are other option to unlock, just buy with CC.

• ApollyonDrakul
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love playing all game modes. The only problem I have with TOW is sometimes my progression isn't counted. Take this current chapter for instance, I was on the challenge to deal a 100 pts of dmg to enemy tanks using infantry gadgets and/or stationary weapons in 1 life. I blew up so many tanks as Assault and it never counted. I jump on a cannon and take out a Valentine and BOOM! Completed. That may be a glitch in itself, but I've missed out on 2 TOW chapter prizes because progression not registering. =\
  • smyhk
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My beef is getting kills in a ground vehicle for the final objective before earning the tank.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    the weapons for sure will be available to you after the fact. and if it's like the vgo, it will relatively cheap on the CC wallet

the issue is the skins. when will those become available? as far as I can tell if you don't earn them during the week you won't get them

I think that’s fair enough tbh. Anything that could be considered game changing (the tank) will be readily available, things that aren’t essential should have differing levels of effort to get them and thus increase the diversity of what we see on the battlefield.
  • full951
    2300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

I think that’s fair enough tbh. Anything that could be considered game changing (the tank) will be readily available, things that aren’t essential should have differing levels of effort to get them and thus increase the diversity of what we see on the battlefield.

what? that would only lead to less diversity. everyone paid, everyone should get access to all content
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure that I follow - are you suggesting that because you bought the game you should have access to everything ever released for the game including skins? If so then how will Dice/EA make money from the cosmetics store?
    For good or bad Dice got rid of the Premium Pass and EA (like all companies) want's revenue - to replace the the lost revenue from Premium Pass they'll need to gain revenue from the cosmetics store. This means they'll have unique cosmetics for cold hard cash and/or make them so difficult for the normal player to get them for free that people will pay for them.
    This is how it works in Fortnite and this is the model EA is trying to pursue with Apex Legends, Anthem and now Battlefield and it better work very well otherwise BF won't be getting much love
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure that I follow - are you suggesting that because you bought the game you should have access to everything ever released for the game including skins? If so then how will Dice/EA make money from the cosmetics store?
    For good or bad Dice got rid of the Premium Pass and EA (like all companies) want's revenue - to replace the the lost revenue from Premium Pass they'll need to gain revenue from the cosmetics store. This means they'll have unique cosmetics for cold hard cash and/or make them so difficult for the normal player to get them for free that people will pay for them.
    This is how it works in Fortnite and this is the model EA is trying to pursue with Apex Legends, Anthem and now Battlefield and it better work very well otherwise BF won't be getting much love

Yes. Correct. I am fine in knowing that xXQuikSkopz420Xx has a pink Gewehr skin that I don’t - or may never possess -and I won’t lose any sleep over whether he paid $14.99 for it or he spent the last 3 months grinding.

Like you said, we should not just have acccess to everything, because....Because.

• LordVader666
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Yes. Correct. I am fine in knowing that xXQuikSkopz420Xx has a pink Gewehr skin that I don’t - or may never possess -and I won’t lose any sleep over whether he paid $14.99 for it or he spent the last 3 months grinding.

Like you said, we should not just have acccess to everything, because....Because.

They’re skins and not essential to the game. EA will have to drive desirability to get people to buy them, part of that will probably be time-limited availability - iirc such as you get in seasons passes such as Paladins.
    Jokingly you said about Mr Skopz grinding for 3 months so in that case you’d be happy if the ToW skins (which people are speculating won’t be available) are available for cash or for free if you do an insanely long grind? Say 1000 headshots with a specific weapon while defending an objective? Which in all but name makes them paid.

If you think you’re going to have access to everything available in the game you’re going to be disappointed and so long as it’s just skins I don’t care.
  • Mishkin37
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

They’re skins and not essential to the game. EA will have to drive desirability to get people to buy them, part of that will probably be time-limited availability - iirc such as you get in seasons passes such as Paladins.
    Jokingly you said about Mr Skopz grinding for 3 months so in that case you’d be happy if the ToW skins (which people are speculating won’t be available) are available for cash or for free if you do an insanely long grind? Say 1000 headshots with a specific weapon while defending an objective? Which in all but name makes them paid.

If you think you’re going to have access to everything available in the game you’re going to be disappointed and so long as it’s just skins I don’t care.

I think you misunderstood me. I’m in complete agreement with what you said.

I am fine with slapping a price on any cosmetic. I don’t think we should just have access to everything. EA has to make $ some how now that Premium was axed.
  • LordVader666
    I did misunderstand and my apologies
  • Mishkin37
    I did misunderstand and my apologies

No worries!

Like I said, it would be cool if DICE could create a viable market that would fund free maps and DLC through paid skins. I’m totally cool with paying for (actually, watching others pay for) cosmetics that have no affect on gameplay.

• imissJG
    I love playing all game modes. The only problem I have with TOW is sometimes my progression isn't counted. Take this current chapter for instance, I was on the challenge to deal a 100 pts of dmg to enemy tanks using infantry gadgets and/or stationary weapons in 1 life. I blew up so many tanks as Assault and it never counted. I jump on a cannon and take out a Valentine and BOOM! Completed. That may be a glitch in itself, but I've missed out on 2 TOW chapter prizes because progression not registering. =\

I had the very same problem!