Squad conquest gone???? they killed it!

Comments

• ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    e-sport BFV squad conquest,
    unleash with more levels.
    Bring in some old BF levels and more levels.
  • HansGrupper
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BBSC supporter here.
    DICE come-on!
  • MrDtimes2
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only played this mode for the TOW challenge, but ended up enjoying it a great deal. I really miss it now that its gone. Can someone tell me how SCQ compared to Domination? I have yet to try Domination but it seems very similar (without the tanks I guess?). Is Domination a good alternative to SCQ?
  • klazaj
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice, give SQ back. Please.
  • JosephCr1984
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was a very fun mode, and really made team work feel more realized.
  • Spaniard0001
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tindrizzle wrote: »
    100% Agree this mode was great -- totally different feel to normal gameplay --- more tactical, more teamplay.... would be a great mode for Esport. Please bring this mode back!!!!! -- we were having so much fun playing this mode. Skill definitely mattered in these games -- you had greater impact on outcome of game. Add more maps and you have a winner, game will be playable for a long time in this intense mode. Has anyone heard why they ditched it? Cannot understand reasoning....EA, DICE , PLEASE RESPOND, give da people what they want!

This is only the second time I've ever left feedback on a game in decades of being a gamer. I think DICE is incredible as a developer and overall the entire Battlefield line of games is amazing, technically and otherwise. But is is extremely hard to sit tight and just deal when a company introduces a brand new game mode for a couple of weeks that appears to be a hit (based on emphatic feedback in this post and other threads), then silently eliminates it with no explanation (other than the original post stating it was a limited time option). Was it too expensive to just leave as is? Is it ever coming back?

I have a family and have very limited time to just enjoy myself for 30 min so that time is an investment. I invested a lot of my time playing Squad Conquest because it was the first game mode where I actually felt like all the other players wanted to actually play TOGETHER (which should be the whole point of Battlefield, as opposed to COD). I tried playing Domination and other games modes, and they just aren't as good, basically still glorified team deathmatch). I am now going to invest my time in another game, one that the developer hopefully won't arbitrarily remove entire game modes according to some secret internal plan. As soon as Squad Conquest returns, or at least a similar mode, I'll be back.
  • Pitu_6969
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was my favourite game mode by far, with actual teamwork but also the only mode where if you are really good you can make a big difference for your team, a mode that doesn't invite you to camp a corner and get kills like a noob because it's not worth it since it's more calm and tactical, I can't believe they deleted it, now I have to play Domination which is a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ chaos most of the times not even half fun as SQ was, my motivation to play this game isn't the same anymore, good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ job DICE.
  • JanTwardy
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The best mode in game. Perfect for infantry and clan vs clan. Just add more maps, private servers. Instead you gave us cop with bots for bots...

Hope you will bring it back tomorrow.

I'm with you since Battlefield 1942. I just logged here to give my opinion about that.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Is it gone from the browser as well?
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it gone from the browser as well?

It's still there. Just use the browser (Advanced Search).. God damn n00bs B)
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    SCQ was supposed to be replaced by Rush, now that's been mysteriously forgotten about. Should of kept SCQ is was a good game, just needed a few more maps.

Rush hasn't been forgotten about, the full mode will be available starting March 7. It's also being added as Day 3 in the new Grand Op, which starts tomorrow.

Dice knows people like the mode, that's why they extended it by two weeks. But they probably don't want it to extend into the new Grand Op and Rush, they want as many players as possible playing those modes. They've already stated that if enough players like a mode that they'll bring it back again.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank god for that as it sucked.
  • dcs500
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Rush hasn't been forgotten about, the full mode will be available starting March 7. It's also being added as Day 3 in the new Grand Op, which starts tomorrow.

Yeah, they’ve made it 64 player, and ruined it before it’s been released. Bravo.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »

Yeah, they’ve made it 64 player, and ruined it before it’s been released. Bravo.

It's 64 in Grand OP but will be 32 in the stand alone mode.
  • dcs500
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's 64 in Grand OP but will be 32 in the stand alone mode.

Thought I read it was all 64 player. Guess we’ll find out in a couple of weeks.

• DarkestHour138
    From David Sirland when asked the player count

• BallisticPork
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it was my favourite mode. I am so unhappy:(
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Squad conquest WAS THE BEST TEAM GAME PLAY, they killed it? WTF ?

Then they wonder why players are leaving BF franchise .....

Yeah, because you and the 6 other people that upped your post are literally the only ones that care. Sorry to tell you this but their numbers told them the truth: nobody wanted the mode.

Sorry but there is a lot more then 6 people who would like to play the mode. Your toxicity is truthfully getting a bit lame. We all get you do not like the game, so why not just go away?

Man he is really getting on my nerves, definition of a tumor...
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

He certainly is very active on these forums considering he said he uninstalled the game a while back! Once I move on from a game I move on, why linger being toxic?

Very true, for someone who doesn't even play the game, he certainly has a lot of opinions. Perhaps he should play it before posting anymore comments.

I used to play Heroes & Generals a lot. 1000+ hours. Stopped playing when BF1 came out, but I was very active on their forums until then. There was one guy who had uninstalled long ago and said he hated the game, but he was in every goddamn thread, shouting about how lame the game and devs are.

I don't get it. If you've uninstalled a game that you don't like, why waste your energy talking about it online every day?
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I actually hated it to start with, but once I found out that it's great for medic and overall was almost like domination on CoD (with the addition of a couple of tanks), I started to really enjoy it. Got medic to level 20 in it.

Then one day, it's gone. It was nice to just get away from the huge maps and just do some small 8v8 gameplay. Even regular domination is 32 players.

However, it was prone to spawn trapping. I only ever faced one full squad too, which was unexpected. Still have nightmares about Squad Deathmatch on BF3, trying to get that L85A2. What a stupid assignment that was.