It's time for dice to retire

Comments

• disposalist
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't give up on DICE. When they (and EA) see that BF1 figures are better than BF5 they will pull back all the 'cool design' stuff they did and the stuff to please the sweaty tryhards and make a good, fun game again.

BF4 was great and is still going. BF1 was even better (in my opinion nailed the mix of fun and sweat) and is still going.

With any luck BF6 will take many more cues on how to balance realism and fun from BF1 and BF5 will be forgotten about.
  • Agente_Silva
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "Perhaps you'd prefer Everybody's Golf, that doesn't include any of those things..." - please don´t rub the good name of Everybody´s Golf in CoDField forum please. That game was so great :)
  • plasticman883
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The European PS4 servers for Breakthrough are in the SINGLE figures post 10pm-ish, 3 months after release. I'm actually starting to think there is some sort of weird aim of grinding down the player base tbh.

Maybe check your search settings, I usually have 50+ servers that time (most are full or 1 or two spots free) on European ps4 servers

I use advanced search, 1-5 spaces or whatever it is, European filter, Breakthrough mode and that's what comes up, night after night. I'll tweak it tonight and see though. You try it also. I can't see how I could view more than what I'm filtering.
  • ElliotLH
    5250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    Ohhh look so rich bosses here who type from mon's apartment and having her soup on their lips

This has got to be a french post, les insults c"est maqnifique! 😂😂

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!"
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The majority of the devs that worked in Battlefield Bad COmpany 1,2 and BF3 are long gone
  • spidey2_the
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I rather play broken Battlefield than any other FPS.
  • stonemountainsky
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I loved BF1. A lot of these things you describe I don't mind at all. BFV is definitely an inferior product though. But come on half the stuff you are defining is the game getting more realistic.

I can agree on visibility and other things though.

And of course the rest of the post. WW2 is just not this game very much. It's sad.

Fact is Dice is probably younger than they have been a while in the work force. Or at least they have new people in the ranks.

BF1 is actually 10 times worse then BF5
  • ragnarok013
    1800 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CHEFARZT1 wrote: »
    Bf 1942 dated? The only thing that got better since then are the graphics. All the rest went down the drain, designed around the worst player possible. The game devolved from an arcadey, sandboxy mil-sim light to team deathmatch xl with an occasional vehicle here and there. Thanks, mainstream.....

No BF1942 is dated, I booted it up recently to do some comparisons with BF5 and the movement, the systems the gun handling was all atrocious compared to today's standards. Heck we didn't even have squads in BF1942 which are a hallmark of the series now. 1942 was awesome back in its time but it hasn't aged well. Now BF2 has arguably aged much better than 1942 and as a result I rarely have trouble finding a BF2 server with players when I can't ever seem to find a 1942 server with players on Game Ranger.
  • CHEFARZT1
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    Map design, vehicle handling, vehicle diversity, player freedom was all better. Also it wasn`t designed around 1 man army super soldiers, but vehicles supported by infantry.
    At the moment BF V has the depth of a mobile game.
    Also, if you want to find servers look here:
    http://forum.bf1942.sk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1813.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CHEFARZT1 wrote: »
    Bf 1942 dated? The only thing that got better since then are the graphics. All the rest went down the drain, designed around the worst player possible. The game devolved from an arcadey, sandboxy mil-sim light to team deathmatch xl with an occasional vehicle here and there. Thanks, mainstream.....

No BF1942 is dated, I booted it up recently to do some comparisons with BF5 and the movement, the systems the gun handling was all atrocious compared to today's standards. Heck we didn't even have squads in BF1942 which are a hallmark of the series now. 1942 was awesome back in its time but it hasn't aged well. Now BF2 has arguably aged much better than 1942 and as a result I rarely have trouble finding a BF2 server with players when I can't ever seem to find a 1942 server with players on Game Ranger.

It would great for a Remaster. I never really got to play it back then. I don't even think i had internet back then now that i think about it, if it was made in the early 2000's. Certainly not a computer at that time that could handle it. I probably had dial up lol. In hindsight, i think that would have made for an even better idea than this title if it were a remake.
  • dcs500
    1199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I may of disagreed a few days a go, but droping SCQ for that co op rubbish, and now they’ve ruined Rush by making it some 64 player abortion...? So yeah, time for someone else to take over.
  • Assyriansniper1
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    donthurtm3 wrote: »
    Dice ruined the Battlefield franchise. The terrible visibility, ttd, fire, smoke, dust, fog, blurry graphic, destructible houses, explosions, blurred image, just everything is annoying in Battlefield V. Is this new thing? No, sure not. It is unbearable since the Battlefront. They destroyed all my beautiful memories of Battlefield 1942. I hoped that Dice make a remake of Bf1942... Dice destroyed all my hopes. No wake island, no stalingrad, no midway, no gayala, no el alamein and no Omaha Beach. I think that the next Battlefield should be produced by the producers of Apex Legends(Respawn Entertainment)!
    In my opinion It's time for DICE to retire. Maybe DICE can make a name for itself in Hollywood by producing action movies, but not Videogames!

I have to agree the graphics blur and pixelation of object especially foliage and trees is unacceptable. The problems we see seem to have been expected by an independent developer not from someone like EA and Dice.
  • xmat123x
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I loved BF1. A lot of these things you describe I don't mind at all. BFV is definitely an inferior product though. But come on half the stuff you are defining is the game getting more realistic.

I can agree on visibility and other things though.

And of course the rest of the post. WW2 is just not this game very much. It's sad.

Fact is Dice is probably younger than they have been a while in the work force. Or at least they have new people in the ranks.

I want to play Batttlefield, not ARMA. There's no fun being downed by campers, being unable to see the enemies and counting my rounds because no one's running ammo or meds.

DICE needs to ask themselves if Battlefield 1 was as **** as they seem to think it was and if this game would be in the same place had it been a true sequel to BF1 taking place in WW2.
  • Woodlbrad
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Release more content 1 item in tides a week is pathetic.
  • Jarp75
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I´m enjoying BF V very much. OK it has still some annoying bugs but IMHO it´s actually a very good game. I honestly don´t get it why so many are complaining about it but it´s ok, some like it some don´t.
  • disposalist
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jarp75 wrote: »
    I´m enjoying BF V very much. OK it has still some annoying bugs but IMHO it´s actually a very good game. I honestly don´t get it why so many are complaining about it but it´s ok, some like it some don´t.
    People are complaining because it's disappointing next to BF1 or even BF4.

I enjoyed moving to the next title for every single BF except this one. All of them were an improvement overall except this one.

Well, maybe not Hardline, but that was just because it was wacky cops 'n' robbers...
  • STAR_6_G
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you don’t need to retire DICE. Just bring the balanced back like bfbc2/bf3/bf4 style. This is the chaos gameplay we want. I’m not playing battlefield because I’m here on forums saying you took away the fun of knifing and names of the veterans I knifed on my profile. I got no collections of them veterans players I knifed.
  • bran1986
    4993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not going to give up on DICE. They still have time to pull a BF4 and right the ship. BFV has a ton of potential but DICE needs to go back to the drawing board on some things IE weapon and class balance and they need to put out some content with some staying power like maps and new factions.
  • sirghislandi
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The European PS4 servers for Breakthrough are in the SINGLE figures post 10pm-ish, 3 months after release. I'm actually starting to think there is some sort of weird aim of grinding down the player base tbh.

Maybe check your search settings, I usually have 50+ servers that time (most are full or 1 or two spots free) on European ps4 servers

I use advanced search, 1-5 spaces or whatever it is, European filter, Breakthrough mode and that's what comes up, night after night. I'll tweak it tonight and see though. You try it also. I can't see how I could view more than what I'm filtering.

I also have 1-5 or whatever it is but I also have none. Didn't check tonight but I usually play breakthrough, play most evenings and usually it's 50+ servers for me
  • plasticman883
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I also have 1-5 or whatever it is but I also have none. Didn't check tonight but I usually play breakthrough, play most evenings and usually it's 50+ servers for me

Strange, are you in the UK?