Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    evriviadis wrote: »
    and if you dare tell anything you will be banned for language.

Wrong, You get banned for violating the rules ( like discussing moderation as in the example above )

And yes if you use profanity you will also be infracted for that.

So maybe dont break the rules?

Just a thought.

Let's get back on topic now.

Thanks.

• SmoothMedicine
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    Same same each title. You take money from customers and deliver some minimum viable product. And then the issues stay for months or just stay unfixed.
    First of all it seems you not capable to deal with cheating players and maintain fair gaming.
    You say you do attempts....
    Why don't you develop or licence a working anticheat tool before selling your titles.
    An anticheat system is maybe the most important feature of a todays multiplayer game and not advertising nvidias new chip features, like DLSS, which really is not worth the money for an RTX card because current implementation of DLSS does not look good.
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need some results. Those words don't mean much.
    Cheating is now rampant and most of them now don't do the nutty 100-0 scores but somewhere in the middle with some deaths as well.
    But if you spectate them it's obvious. Total swivel stick aim bots.
  • S1n31ra
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Implement vote kick where we can select cheating as a comment.
  • S1n31ra
    And give us RSP so we can police this.
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They have already got your money,they(EA/DICE dont HAVE to do anything).Here is what goes down - sure they could pay several million dollars for a good anticheat but thats several million dollars straight out of the shareholders pockets,and that goes down like a lead balloon.Its all about money people and in this incredibly sad world we live in its only going to get worse.These days its the shareholders that make the rules and until that changes(it never will),our games are going to just like this(unpolished pieces of alien ****).If you have already been paid for a job,it makes it that much harder to do a great job.
  • evriviadis
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i know that you have a problem with me man because iam telling the truth and you bann me every time.i know this story very well.iam always the bad person and i always break the rules here.tell me what to you want to say or write about this next time.rules are only for us not for gaming clans admins and cheaters.they ruin the game and nothing hapened for them and when we dare teling our opinion about this we get banned.what honest players must do then to enjoy a game that we pay for?where can we find our justice man?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @evriviadis
    Not true, Nobody has a problem with YOU specifically.

But if you continue breaking the forum rules, Then you will of course be given a forum infraction for it.

( this being discussion of moderation ) and thus a new warning to come as a consequence.

You know the rules here, So please, Before you get yourself suspended again, Abide by them

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

• MsieurLeodagan
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You want a best fight for the cheat : give us on pc the opportunity to make our dedicated servers as before battlefield 1, with Procon & plugins (with plugins anti-cheat).
    Exemple : in bf4 (bf3, bbc2....) the admins and their clan were much more involved in the game so the cheaters were quickly detetctés and banned.
  • 2HoleDoll
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I love this idea, then the very core issue here is that there would with a certainty be one corrupt developer or more participating in that system, that would leak the information and gain that for personal benefits. Even the EAC guys openly admitted that they have been programming cheats, and used them themselves.

In order to make an omelett, you need to break a few eggs. Likewise, if you wanna know how cheats work at a technical level ( and also to test your AC ), you aren´t getting around creating/using/reverse engineering them.
    BigChubby6 wrote: »
    I get OSOK'd by level 8s from across the map with a pistol. I get OSOK'd through boulders by a level 50 Assaulter. I get machine gunned while under a tree by a strafing Stuka. I sit still in a bush and get OSOK sniped across the map from God knows where. I shoot a player several times with a Lewis gun, get a green head shot indication, and they turn around and OSOK me immediately. If I play medic and lay down smoke, I get shot by players who see through the smoke.

After only 90 hours of BFV I know I'm still not that good...but c'mon...if this isn't obvious cheating I don't know what is. Something needs to be done and done fast because this game is almost unplayable.

As to the OSKs: the TTD has been bugged for quite some time now, leading to instadeaths on a regular basis. While the pistol kill sounds suspicious, most of the time chances are that you were shot at by multiple assailants and just didn´t notice it.
    As for smoke: Smoke most of the time hides you, true, but if you know your angles and your soundcues, one can still get hits in quite frequently. But let me give you an example of smoke failing: Rotterdam, Breaktrough, first flag. Lower entrance to A is smoked, yet you can still clearly see players silhouettes, in fact, smoke has made them much more visible instead of the opposite. Next up, smoke doesn´t reach all the way to the floor. Under the right circumstances you can clearly see the feet of your opponents.

@Braddock512: It needs more than a simple blog post, a blog post that quite frankly rings hollow, to calm the masses. Whilst I can understand in EAs desire to avoid Lawsuits you won´t name individual names of banned players, nor provide feedback on individual reports issued, this in no way should mean however, that you can not say "We banned 10,000 players in [GAME], 2350 of which thanks to the efforts of vigilant users of our community". And though it will not shut up a vocal minority, the majority of players will clearly see that something is done.
  • Toxic_Laban
    postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday 19.02.19 I again came across a hacker/cheater right after the micro patch that was released (I still had the epeleptic respawn screen after the patch). The first round against him was on Twisted steel but i didn't come across him on that map since he joined late and the map is big. He did end up on top of his team even after just half a round played. He also turned the game. My team lost even after leading the whole round. The next map was Rotterdam, smaller and even tho he shot to the top of the score board from the start I didn't really suspect anything before he had some strange and lucky headshots on me. He was running a LMG and one shoot me in some strange situations. Some time after that he came around a corner killing my whole Squad like he knew where we were hiding (not in a big blob, but hidden in several spots).
    After that I went to check his stats, and found out that until that day his average s/p/m and k/d was low. He went on to outscore the closest on his team til over 10000 points and a k/d of 70+ - 8.

Bout me and my friend in the same game reported him, but the strange thing came today.
    I took a look at my Battlefieldtracker page and noticed that the two games that he was in was missing from my page. All the other games from yesterday was showing.
    I then went to his page and found that he "only played two half games yesterday". Took a look at my friends page and all his games was there except the two with the cheater.

Im not a game designer, nor am I a coder. I dont know how hard it is nor the cost to get a good anti cheat.
    What i do know is that relying on your paying costumers to do that job for you is not the right way of dealing with the problem. Especially since most of the costumers is "your moma joke kids" that goes on to report every player better than itself.

I have spent countless hours playing BF since I played bots in bf1942, and have defended he game true hard times and low times, while most of my friends have gone off to COD, WOW, PUBG and other game types/titles.
    I have always said that Dice is the best studio and BF is the only large map FPS with the most options for gameplay.

I took a look at Twitch now while writhing this and BF5 had less that 300 viewers. Less that Sims 4... Hmmmm.

Spending millions on marketing fore something broken is the wrong way of doing things in 2018/19. When you release a AAA title that get thrashed by all the streamers that plays it without any good reply from the developers except "well look into it" and "firestorm will fix everything" is just .... Just to tell you a secret. Firestorm will not work with the amount off game exploits and cheaters that is ruining your base game.
    EA's investors may blindly think so but the gamers wont.

And one last thing. At the bottom of your "what we are doing to fix the cheaters" page you have adverts for Origin Premium. COME ON!
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now BFV on Twitch is hanging with Farming Simulator at 3.2K views. Apex has over a third of a million views. Wonder where the developers will be spending their time?
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about you create and PROPERLY implement a chronus max detecter. After seeing it in action, it explains the zero recoil dmr god mode weapons in CQB.
    That would be a good start. Your lack of effort is costing you both player base and profits. Thankfully for EA, they have Apex to make up for the MASSIVE losses Dice have cost them in the past couple of years.
  • Blackie03
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we please just go back to using Procon admin tool and run BF on our own boxes again, like it was for all the BF series till BF1.
    Things were so much better back in those days. You sell the game. Clans run it on our community boxes and police it.
    If players don't like the Admins ,you simply move on to another server. In my opinion this is what created the success of the BF series!

Continue on the path you are going and people will stop buying BF.
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want you to do a hardware van and disclose hacker's ID.
    I think there is no need to worry about the privacy of hackers.
  • GenCuster
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    You want a best fight for the cheat : give us on pc the opportunity to make our dedicated servers as before battlefield 1, with Procon & plugins (with plugins anti-cheat).
    Exemple : in bf4 (bf3, bbc2....) the admins and their clan were much more involved in the game so the cheaters were quickly detetctés and banned.

does not always work .... for example if you enter the BF3 server of the [removed] clan and say the word "have a cheater" you are immediately thrown out because they are the same admin who use cheat ... creating a sort of "hunting reserve" to be able to do what you like most, and this will also happen in BFV.
    a solution could be to create a group of DICE admin that randomly enter the games and instantly control the various players (it happened so 'in Warrock) and banning them live with the joy of all the players present giving' also the impression of being protected, but above all controlle
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    GenCuster wrote: »

does not always work .... for example if you enter the BF3 server of the [removed] clan and say the word "have a cheater" you are immediately thrown out because they are the same admin who use cheat ... creating a sort of "hunting reserve" to be able to do what you like most, and this will also happen in BFV.
    a solution could be to create a group of DICE admin that randomly enter the games and instantly control the various players (it happened so 'in Warrock) and banning them live with the joy of all the players present giving' also the impression of being protected, but above all controlle

I disagree . It always works . You see you have a choice where to play . EA will still have it's official servers and there could be other private servers to choose from . If you don't like a private server , than don't play there . Freedom of choice .
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited February 22
    @GenCuster
    You may give examples of how procon etc wont work, But naming a clan in your example because you've had a poor experience is considered name and shame.

I have removed the name on this occasion but let's bear in mind the rules in future
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly....

I feel you are prioritizing youre wallet, infront of youre player base.
    Ive played from bf42 all the way to this.

I am horrified about how you went from thinking about creating geniuet good games for youre players, to become capitalistic A/holes whoms only focus is increasing that very base, by ignoring youre old HC fans!

Anti cheat is a joke.
    Youre liers.
    you never went back to the roots, instead you freaken changed the roots, facts etc.
    You have removed for me the very feeling of being on a battlefield. I feel I am playing a horrible version of call of duty with horrible vehicles. You have abseloutly done no effort in researching facts about these vehicles.

I mean, I could go on, but I dont even want to bother....

I just feel, lied to, cheatet and as a hobby ww2 historian, I am horrified about how you did this game. Youre teaching kids pure BS... PPL think Valentine was a great tank now. LOL...

I do understand if EA did put pressure on you guys, and you have my sympathis. But get ANTI cheat up and working because that is definetly a player base killing device! PPL will stop playing if they are succumbed to cheaters. And I personally will never buy another BF game nor any game from EA until I see MASSIVE improvements to this game.

Thank you for reading. Now let the hate begin. Itl prob start out with my horrible grammar. Guess what! I am not english!
This discussion has been closed.