Armored Fist Assignment

Comments

• Foamcow
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lauzagne wrote: »
    So anytime people complain that assignment is slightly difficult to do you are just going to make it ridiculously easy? Might as well just give everyone all the upcoming content now without any ToW assignments then. It was the first assignment that was anywhere close to being challenging and have a sense of achievement to it.

It's not that the task itself was particularly difficult. But the opportunity to complete it is really scarce. It's hard to get control of a tank and if you're in the mg seat you're stuck to what the driver wants to do. Pretty much every single tank I've got into has been driven by someone who can't see, can't tell left from right, doesn't repair, doesn't understand the MG is on the *front* of the tank etc etc. So you either end up getting killed within 30 seconds or are sat facing a wall 5 miles from any enemy.

Then I get in one as a gunner, we get damaged so I hop out to repair and someone else jumps in my seat.

I'm not moaning, but it's so difficult to get the opportunity to actually get some kills in a tank that having to get 20 while attacking a point just takes too many game hours.

I think in the end I was up to 15 before they changed the requirement. Now I have completed the challenge but have no Stug.
  • ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't disagree, but I managed it. It took a while, but surely that's the point of a challenge? I thought the point was that these rewards should be earned and not everyone would achieve the prize, but they would be able to buy the item if they wanted to. Where's the satisfaction in a challenge that everyone can do?

Getting my 20 kills was hard work, I earned that tank, but now my achievement has been diluted by a knee jerk reaction from DICE.

It's like they're looking for ways to wind us up.
  • Foamcow
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Come on - not like the 20 was so hard to get. Took some effort but I liked the challenge.
    Can't people work (grind/farm) for stuff anymore? In other games some items takes weeks or months to get. Why should it be so easy here?
    I atleast dont mind spending time working to get stuff unlocked. If it's to easy it just feels - well to easy. But done for me on 20 kills and next week looks to be easier so everyone complaining should be happy ...

You can't grind it if you can't get in a tank that happens to be attacking an objective that has enemies on it.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Not everyone has 20-30 hours a week to play battlefield, and 20 was tedious given the maps. A lower number or different objective entirely would have been appreciated from the start. Changing it 5, 5 days in, shafting everyone who made it to 20, and then bugging it... is pretty much the worst thing they could have done. Sure hope someone else is in charge of future decisions like this.
  • more-like-meh
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    did at least 10 more required kills, still no Stug. Assignment shown ingame as completed for the 3rd time now!
  • II__SUSHI__II
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So Dice lowered the challenge and we are stuck with having been too successful - while not getting the 20 kills quick enough. Any hope in getting a quickfix to get the shipment?
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure this would be easy if I could get access to a blinking tank in the first place.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A direct result of all the *its too hard* threads/complaints here and on reddit regarding this assignment that have prompted Dice to change this.

I'm in the same boat as you guys re the bug not giving me the vehicle.

Be interesting to see if the *Dice doesn't listen to the player base* complaint threads are now changed to *Stop listening to us* threads.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

:#
  • Online8Fred
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this update/"fix" broke my tracking as i was at 15/20 kills for the last step and now it says i have completed it and the stug should be in my shipments. but after restarting game then computer and game it still is not in my shipments or selectable tanks.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20 wasn't even hard.
  • ElektroFCK
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same problem.
  • ReinChar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had 18 kills last night and logged in to get my last 2 and get my tank! Now it shows complete and NO TANK!!! HELP PLEASE! I spent hours and its broken. I have gone back and gotten dozens of kills in zones and no unlock. HELP EA!!!!!
  • IrishRed91
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone tried uninstalling the game and reloading it?
  • Integer0verload
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I did the 1 extra kill infact several extra and it did not unlock for me. It said it was already unlocked when the client updated and nothing. This whole week was not fun and I did not enjoy it. Really feels way to grind like I can't even play the game im just sitting on map screen waiting for tanks.
  • GirthQQuakes
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did the 1 extra kill infact several extra and it did not unlock for me. It said it was already unlocked when the client updated and nothing. This whole week was not fun and I did not enjoy it. Really feels way to grind like I can't even play the game im just sitting on map screen waiting for tanks.

Bingo. It was a bad experience in the first place. Now they've just told everyone who suffered through it that they made a mistake by playing bf5. Lesson learned.

• Jonsie86
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The same thing happening to me. This morning I got my 13/20 kill then all of sudden it said the task was completed on pause screen. I checked my shipments, and no tank. I played another match and got another kill in objective area with halftrack and this time on game screen showed Armored fist checked marked. I checked my shipments again and still no tank reward. I tried restarting the game.
  • Integer0verload
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I still did not get the tank and that's what sucks. Restart the game several times. Jump on a tank killed some people attacking the objective. It says the objectives complete with the tank is not in the armory and it's not in my company. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm just a limit to time player I can't spend all weekend and every day after work playing trying to get this thing. I've already put in more time than I usually do.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you dice. I think if it was just 20 kills without the while attacking the objective part it would have been hard enough minus all the crying. This one and the 100 points with ifintry gadgets in one life were doozies. Lol.
  • JDOG71
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same, had 15 kills yesterday. Now shows complete at 5. No Stug.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I had 16 kills and now it shows complete but NO STUG :(

YIKES, if you don't give this tank to everyone that will be very very stupid, seeing as the "fix" was what ruined it for us.

Watch them not even fix this hahaha... that will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ soooo many ppl off.