Unfair matchmaking.

bobiak1
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
GG for all of you DICE programmers,
You've managed to make a game with a so fair matchmaking, that morons like me can play against the no life pro kids.
The game supposed to be fun, but instead of that it's so annoying, i would claim my money back, if i could.

But don't worry, don't do anything, just sit in the couch and count all the $ you collected, from this "art"......................

Comments

• MrLinco1n
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anyone can join any server... That's how a server browser works.....
  • ragnarok013
    3442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @bobiak1 The game matchmakes based upon filling a server, it does not include any sort of SPM, Skill ranking or MMR when it puts you into a server.If you had several games against solid players who have most likely been playing since launch or friends who are in discord together coordinating it was pure coincidence.
  • bobiak1
    I understand how matchmaking works, i just don't understand why? How can be fun and motivational, if i get headshot in 2 min after spawing?
    Begginer players like me will just stop playing.
  • LeesSummit09
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When you come into a game, more that likely it will be on a bad team b/c people are quitting due to getting slaughtered. But, a problem I have noticed, if by chance, I spawn in on a good team(I am average at best) toward end of round and game ends, I am of course at bottom of scoreboard. Well, I am excited b/c next game I will be on good team, WRONG. It switches me to the bad team. What it should do is take the top 3 or 4 players, whatever number, and move them to losing team. This would have a better chance of evening the teams. But, no, the really good team just keeps rolling and losing team justs keeps getting hammered round after round, well not actually same players b/c everyone quits losing team.
  • ragnarok013
    3442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    bobiak1 wrote: »
    I understand how matchmaking works, i just don't understand why? How can be fun and motivational, if i get headshot in 2 min after spawing?
    Begginer players like me will just stop playing.

I suspected you might be a beginner. In that case you just need time to get used to the new mechanics and weapon handling just like in every other Battlefield title. BF5 is a bit more unforgiving than BF1 was.
  • bobiak1
    edited February 19
    You are right i'm a beginner, and i will always be. I can't understand how can you just let lvl 1 players play together with pro players.
    Imagine in World of Warcraft lvl 120 players could play Battleground with lvl 1 players........
    BF5 my first BF i've ever bought, and ever played, but i'm pretty sure it's the last.
    I already regret for giving money for this garbage.
  • spartanx169x
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bobiak1 wrote: »
    You are right i'm a beginner, and i will always be. I can't understand how can you just let lvl 1 players play together with pro players.
    Imagine in World of Warcraft lvl 120 players could play Battleground with lvl 1 players........
    BF5 my first BF i've ever bought, and ever played, but i'm pretty sure it's the last.
    I already regret for giving money for this garbage.

I’ve been in your shoes, except for me it was BF3. BF takes a bit to learn and you happened to pick the hardest on new players at least dating back to BFBC2. You can overcome to difficulties. You just have to put some time into the game. There are a few threads with lots of suggestions. Once you get the hang of it it can be lots of fun.
  • Phugazi
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @bobiak1 I feel your pain bro but there really isn't a metric that can be accurately used to level the field on that minute level. It sucks in the beginning, been there done that, but it does get better the more time you put in, the more pro-tips you learn and the more you adjust your play style to your abilities as you go. If you're getting your a$$ handed to you trying to play up close and aggressive, try dropping back to like mid-range play, check your corners, limit your angles of exposure and always make sure cover is your best friend. Those tips should at least help you survive and last longer then you can work on PTFO and kills.
  • MSKelly1976
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For those defending this crapshoot... Bull!!

I’ve seen so many 300,400,500, and even 700-0 games it’s rediculous!!! I’ve been on both sides of those scores and it’s not fun on either. You’re either getting **** which is never any fun or you’re doing the **** and it’s boring.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    Is there a reason why there is no SPM or something like to balance the teams? Seems like SPM and the comeback mechanic might be a good combination. Everyone once in a while i'll finish a game with a 500-600+ ticket difference. Although it's not nearly as common as in BF4, it's still kind of annoying, especially when you're on the losing team.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @bobiak1 The game matchmakes based upon filling a server, it does not include any sort of SPM, Skill ranking or MMR when it puts you into a server.If you had several games against solid players who have most likely been playing since launch or friends who are in discord together coordinating it was pure coincidence.

No sir, in some cases it isn't coincidence. I'm seeing clans or platoons manipulate the system to get all their friends on one team including members of multiple platoons who are clearly working together as their squads contain members of both groups which probably means they're using the same VOIP service.

The result is a series of lopsided games with many players on the losing side bailing out of the server. IMO this is borderline stat-padding. The obvious solution is scrambling squads between rounds (while keeping squad members together) so the clan players don't own the server for as long as they are there. That DICE either can't figure this out or doesn't care (take your pick) is another sign that BFV is a bit of a bargain-basement project in some respects.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now this is the only issue with the game that I'm frustrated with. It just isn't fun for new players trying to find their feet in the game, and I can't understand how it can be rewarding for skilled players who are slaughtering noobs who perform worse than bots.

A data scientist could establish an algorithm in about one week to fix this, it's really not that hard in a game that has a billion stats available.

I played several rounds last night and changed servers a couple of times. It was laughable when you look at the scoreboard and you see one side stuffed with at least three different clans and almost everyone at level 50, while the other side had no clans, a random mix of levels, and just watching it for a few minutes you see people in frustration drop out, new ones drop in, then drop out quickly.

It gets to the point now where I'll enter a game, look at the scoreboard and if I see this sort of a problem I'll just leave again and try my luck elsewhere. After a few false starts I managed to find a good server that remained well balanced for a number of rounds. We didn't always win, but we all had fun and that's ultimately what the game is supposed to be about.
  • Feuerfinger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Phugazi wrote: »
    @bobiak1 I feel your pain bro but there really isn't a metric that can be accurately used to level the field on that minute level.

There's no metric to even out the teams perfectly.
    But there are for sure some heuristics to make the balancing better.
    1. First there's the level of the players. If in one team are all 50's and in the other not then its most likely unbalanced.
    2. Then you see the clan-tags infront of the player names.
    3. Origin knows pretty likely, how many hours you have played
    4. Origin knows also K/D , at least of the current round. MOst likely even your overall K/D

I'm pretty sure, that using this information a decent balancing could be achieved.

• spartanx169x
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Phugazi wrote: »
    @bobiak1 I feel your pain bro but there really isn't a metric that can be accurately used to level the field on that minute level.

There's no metric to even out the teams perfectly.
    But there are for sure some heuristics to make the balancing better.
    1. First there's the level of the players. If in one team are all 50's and in the other not then its most likely unbalanced.
    2. Then you see the clan-tags infront of the player names.
    3. Origin knows pretty likely, how many hours you have played
    4. Origin knows also K/D , at least of the current round. MOst likely even your overall K/D

I'm pretty sure, that using this information a decent balancing could be achieved.

You left out -

* Score per minute

* most played class for each player (too often one team will have far too many snipers or support MMG players and
    then the get destroyed.
  • bobiak1
    All game can figure out some kind of balance at matchmaking, if they really want.
    Want is the magic word.
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    matchmaking will never be perfect in BF but I feel like BF4 did it the best. Don't understand why they keep changing it up for the worse.
  • bobiak1
    because they have a big name, and the game got hyped, but they are garbage containers
  • LeesSummit09
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Being a beginner or experienced makes no difference for enjoyment if you are on a horrible team. I would think the 'good' players would also want balance, as rolling the opposition would not be a challenge(if that is what they really want). As I stated earlier, it seems the game takes players off the bottom to balance teams, which means the worse players on the good team go to the bad team. The cycle just repeats itself. It should be the top players or a clan name squad(if at top) should be the ones switched. If they are truly good players, they would embrace this for the added challenge. Players leaving, of course would changes balance, but I find when a team is really good, they tend to stay in that server longer. When I join, If other team is clan names and majority 50 rank and mine isn't, time to try another server.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of team balancing is a serious issue. In most games I join now (PS4 Conquest) I see one team cap all flags but the enemy's home flag within the first 5 minutes and go on to win the game by 250 or more tickets to 0.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure how the game auto-balances squads or keeps clans and platoons together. I play with the some group of guys, and sometimes when we have to split off and create multiple squads, we sometimes get split up in different teams (which i LOVE). Does anyone know how to manipulate the game into keeping all the squads in the same team? I would like to do the opposite..lol >:)