Squad Conquest must stay in the game!!

13»

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Klavionik wrote: »
    I've played this with 2 my mates yesterday for 3 hours and we all have found it very satisfying. Smaller scale gameplay makes for more tactical possibilities and proactive playing, less camping. Typical 32x32 is just a mess, as with 16x16 too (just lesser mess). I would make it 12x12 with more maps and make it stay definitely.

This^
    12 players per side would be perfect.
    I want CQ Small back badly.......
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention modes this size don't suffer from framerate issues like the larger game modes do in this game on console.
    Feels extremely smoother and satisfying knowing all of your shots will land without framerate drops hampering the experience.
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Needs at least 5/6 more maps to be viable. original 3 are feeling stale now imo.

Narvik
    Devastation
    Panzerstorm
    Twisted steel

2 x new maps
  • StingX71
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've played this with 2 my mates yesterday for 3 hours and we all have found it very satisfying. Smaller scale gameplay makes for more tactical possibilities and proactive playing, less camping. Typical 32x32 is just a mess, as with 16x16 too (just lesser mess). I would make it 12x12 with more maps and make it stay definitely.

This^

10 max. Flows pretty good as is. Need to work on spawn points a bit as you can camp them. Need more maps of course. Not sure how it happened, but it's turned into my favorite mode. Now that it's not part of ToW, those who play want to be there. Since I do like the mode, it's almost a guarantee DICE will take it away. :p
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    Needs at least 5/6 more maps to be viable. original 3 are feeling stale now imo.

Narvik
    Devastation
    Panzerstorm
    Twisted steel

2 x new maps

I would like to see these maps too, except for Devastation.......I hate that map along with Fjell.
    The color palette and design is uninspiring, not to mention players look just like the rubble way too often.
    But I would definitely like to see those other maps for this mode.
  • xTheIceWolfx
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They removed squad conquest today. Wonder why. Well, goodbye BFV.
  • Llordus
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can stay but no one will play it when Firestorm comes out.

Apex Legends.
    Noone even touches Firestorm till this one will become boring. And Fortnite just after....
    Firestorm will be dead sooner, than it took Dice to prepare it.

Which brings another question frankly speaking.
    WTF is doing Dice, and who is taking decisions there?

They are trying to release game for everyone. Doing so many modes, with so many unreasonable decisions. And yet every single patch makes the game worse, than the previous one.
    As a result - everything will be buggy and unpolished, and majority of people will switch to other games due to lack of proper content.

They made shooting range - and it was the most ridicuoulus shooting range I have seen in any game. Not sure they fixed it - as I already learned to check my stuff within multiplayer game - but the first release was a disaster. So as a result - I will never ever enter this menu again.

Now they releasead coop mode - who is a target for that? I tried out of curiosity today, alone - I felt like an adult, who agreed to have a fist fight with young, 6-8 yrs children. I will not touch it never ever - with exception to finalize quickly some dumb weapon assignment, assuming the reward texture will be nice.

Speaking of assignments - who the hell invented them? They are many times so non-PTFO, that it is hard to describe. Why those can not be like in times of BF4? Reasonable in most cases, compliant with PTFO game style for class they were related to.

Firestorm incoming? Before Apex legends it could be working maybe - but now? Forget it. Seeing what dice was doing within last few months, I can not imagine, how anything from them can compete with game, which gathered 25 kk players after week since its release, without any strong marketing campaign.

Last but not least - single player campaing. Worst single player experience I had in FPS game over last 10 years or so.

I don't even mention here removal of Squad conquest or lack of Rush (best BF mode ever) - it is like kicking the person lying on the ground.

Dice lost so much effort so far, with so many wasted results.

Instead of that - issues with net code still exist. They claim visibility is fixed, yet I miss the visibility pre-patch, as better one. And over 4 months no single map nice for any mode (and I don't count here panzerstorm, which is too big and dedicated to vehicles in conquest only).
    Etc etc.

This is the kind of game service EA wants to offer to players? If so - it is doomed before they entered the middle stage. Really strange considering how much experience in gaming industry Dice has (or should have I guess?).

• CaptHotah
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »

This^

10 max. Flows pretty good as is. Need to work on spawn points a bit as you can camp them. Need more maps of course. Not sure how it happened, but it's turned into my favorite mode. Now that it's not part of ToW, those who play want to be there. Since I do like the mode, it's almost a guarantee DICE will take it away. :p

It can't be 10vs10 with 4 men squads. It needs to be either 8 or 12
  • StingX71
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    StingX71 wrote: »

This^

It can't be 10vs10 with 4 men squads. It needs to be either 8 or 12

Could be 5 person squads. Need to bump the overall squad number to 5 or 6 in general imho.
  • mwalker84
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best game mode period. Especially for someone like myself that only plays with 1-3 other people. Feels like you are engaged in the experience. Most of the game modes are a game of numbers, which can be really frustrating. Would love to see it come back, if it's not popular than just don't dedicate as many servers to it. Something is better than nothing. I played this mode almost exclusively while it was available, not seeing it the other night was a real kick in the teeth. If this game mode doesn't come back, or Firestorm doesn't deliver, I feel myself quickly fading from BF and I'm a huge supporter of the franchise.
  • Pitu_6969
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring it back DICE! you deleted the best game mode by far.
  • mattd3162014
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best game mode in the game (with domination). I think that the best teamplayers are in that gamemode. The biggest different with domination is the adding of 1 vehicle per team. This make the gamemode fresh, after 8 games domination i'm a little bored but yesterday a played squad conquest for 6 hours. Last time a played so long was with battlefield 3 squad rush.

Only downside is when you stuck up with clueless squadmembers, only solution is quitting and start a new game.

I'm hoping this gamemode stays longer then only this month. What do you guys think, must the gamemode stay in the game?

my favourite new mode is breakthrough really enjoy that one.
  • ragnarok013
    1994 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 20

This^

@OldSkoolzFinest I didn't care for Squad Conquest at all, it seemed like a hybrid of conquest and domination without the fun of either to me. That being said I absolutely want three flag 24-32 man conquest small back.