Maybe its ok BFV failed.

Minigun991
45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
No one wants politics in their video game. NO ONE. The only exceptions are fictional politics in the games universe to create a plot.

Plus the game is half baked, and filled with bugs.

It baffles me of how DICE had so many things going for them with battlefield 1, and then just dropped the ball. And I know.

“BF1 is casual, it sucks”

Ok, well explain a few things to me, please.

One: are the fanboys going to pay for the budget of these games?

Two: have you played assult in battlefield V?

Assult is more casual then it’s ever been, with no draw backs. In battlefield 1 you had to lay down to use anti tank weapons. In battlefield V, I’ve seen assaults hit tanks from a mile away with the PIAT.

In battlefield 1 you were stuck with SMGS or shotguns, so you had to be close. In battlefield v you can snipe with assault.

Battlefield V is pretty casual outside of medic and tanks.

Also, I’ve never ran out of ammo in this game, unlike previous battlefields. Why? Cause there is a resupply station everywhere I walk.

I’m sorry, but that casual argument is ****.

As a whole, battlefield V has not been healthy for the series. And it’s good it failed. Future battlefield games should never be about politics.

It’s a shame that they did this with my favorite war to study.

Comments

• fisknyllet17
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. What a shame.
  • STAR_6_G
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield should be bfbc2,bf3,bf4 then bfbc3 because it will be a funny fun campaign like bfbc2 and funny fun game play on multiplayer. We love battlefield bad company. I was wearing a bf3 t shirt and a kid ask .. was there a battlefield 3 .. I only know bf4 (kid said). I need a bad company t shirt with a nice soldier print on front and bad company 2 on the back.
  • aseveredfoot
    2399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand the point you're making, that if this title is unpopular, they won't go the same direction next time hopefully, but I don't think it's that good for any BF game to have failed. Especially with EA holding the purse strings and their history of dismantling studios at the first sign of trouble.
  • PrairieGeek
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go dig up my stats. In terms of kd as you all measure players I suck. And if I am getting completion for weapon mastery and max level already that is all the proof you need that the game is not finished. It took me a couple years of play in BF4 to get leveled. BFV took 2 months. I am getting bored with the same old crap. Even with good friends squad it gets old. I dont do battle royale so not sure what else to play. Thinking destiny 2 expansions or anthem
  • danosta
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Future battlefield games won't be any better. EA will say dice had their chance to do it their way and failed and now it's time to do it our way by pushing tons of micro transactions and other nefarious schemes into the game. Look at anthem and every other Triple A game is released this past year. this trend will continue as games go live servive and these game will never be what they were in the series past.

You can thank loot boxes and fortnite for this demise. Great job to everyone who supported these practices.
  • danosta
    425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    No one wants politics in their video game. NO ONE. The only exceptions are fictional politics in the games universe to create a plot.

Plus the game is half baked, and filled with bugs.

It baffles me of how DICE had so many things going for them with battlefield 1, and then just dropped the ball. And I know.

“BF1 is casual, it sucks”

Ok, well explain a few things to me, please.

One: are the fanboys going to pay for the budget of these games?

Two: have you played assult in battlefield V?

Assult is more casual then it’s ever been, with no draw backs. In battlefield 1 you had to lay down to use anti tank weapons. In battlefield V, I’ve seen assaults hit tanks from a mile away with the PIAT.

In battlefield 1 you were stuck with SMGS or shotguns, so you had to be close. In battlefield v you can snipe with assault.

Battlefield V is pretty casual outside of medic and tanks.

Also, I’ve never ran out of ammo in this game, unlike previous battlefields. Why? Cause there is a resupply station everywhere I walk.

I’m sorry, but that casual argument is ****.

As a whole, battlefield V has not been healthy for the series. And it’s good it failed. Future battlefield games should never be about politics.

It’s a shame that they did this with my favorite war to study.

The only reason this game is considered to be more skilled is because the TTK is so much faster now. Oh and recon was nerfed to @!#$
  • STAR_6_G
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They need to make rumors about battlefield bad company 3 like call of duty modern warfare 4 rumors creating a buzz all over media.
  • PrairieGeek
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STAR_6_G wrote: »
    They need to make rumors about battlefield bad company 3 like call of duty modern warfare 4 rumors creating a buzz all over media.

The rumors better include that DICE is being replaced or supplemented with someone else.
  • PrairieGeek
    I am betting after this the "Battlefield" title will be retired for something that more closely reflects the COD/Fortnite/Apex type of game that they are wanting to put out
  • Ciza211
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 5 have many problems. A lot of people are frustrating from game. Looked on youtubers? How many youtubes talks about fun in BFV all. Yea EA sponsored Westie or Lvl praise the sun BFV. But others? Still back to BF 3, 4 or remimber fun things from BF 1. I dont remember when Realese BF 4 or BF 1 that people would come back to old bf games. Something wrong with BFV....Many wrongs. Yea in party game is very fun. But as you solo player? Maybe more frustrating from game. And this is very bad. There are so few things fun on this game. And this is problem. Old battlefields hads more funnies things, which you enjoy playing around all the time. Now its 2-3 days what i dont play BFV and i dont need play again. I complete Stug assa. And why play? When BF 1 or BF 4 for me is more fun than BFV. This is BFV problem and this is why Dice and EA failed.
  • MetalGearMk3
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STAR_6_G wrote: »
    Battlefield should be bfbc2,bf3,bf4 then bfbc3 because it will be a funny fun campaign like bfbc2 and funny fun game play on multiplayer. We love battlefield bad company. I was wearing a bf3 t shirt and a kid ask .. was there a battlefield 3 .. I only know bf4 (kid said). I need a bad company t shirt with a nice soldier print on front and bad company 2 on the back.

My head is going to explode
  • daywalker_1402
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    considering I've already put 1/3 the time in BF V that i put in all of BF 1, i enjoy this game more. granted it could wear off soon if they don't give us more maps and stuff to do...but currently for me BFV>BF1

And that’s ok.

But we can both agree the state of launch of battlefield 1 was perfect.

And the marketing was perfect.

All in all, battlefield 1 was better built at launch.

they also weren't forced by EA to release BF1 before it was done. honestly i'm giving DICE 6 months to get it fixed. BF4 was an absolute mess for a long time, yet it turned out to be one of their best. and to be completely honest, i don't remember the state of BF1 at launch.
  • aseveredfoot
    2399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    considering I've already put 1/3 the time in BF V that i put in all of BF 1, i enjoy this game more. granted it could wear off soon if they don't give us more maps and stuff to do...but currently for me BFV>BF1

And that’s ok.

But we can both agree the state of launch of battlefield 1 was perfect.

And the marketing was perfect.

All in all, battlefield 1 was better built at launch.

they also weren't forced by EA to release BF1 before it was done. honestly i'm giving DICE 6 months to get it fixed. BF4 was an absolute mess for a long time, yet it turned out to be one of their best. and to be completely honest, i don't remember the state of BF1 at launch.

BF1 had few bugs. The suppression mechanics weren't very fair, there was the gas mask issue where your soldier would equip it sometimes instead of the gadget you were trying to use. And the revive bug.

Those were the most serious but it was pretty damn playable right out of the gate
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Idk that I would say it failed. I certainly don't have as much fun with this one as I have with the others. I was much better at the other titles. I'm not sure what it is about this one but I'm just not as good at it as I was with the others. I still miss helicopters too.
  • TEXls1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played BFV more than I did BF1, don’t see my play time dropping off on this one.