Is the fully upgraded Spitfire really more agile than the fully upgraded Messerschmitt?

TheyHaveScissors
643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Because that's what everyone is saying, is this true? I dont have time myself to test this out. Anyone?

Comments

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes really need their performance stats reworked. It would be nice if planes felt like they flew uniquely instead of being more or less floaty.

I like how each different plane has its own armament loadout that can be balanced separately, but not enough work has gone into balancing the performance of planes against eachother.

Things like acceleration/deceleration, top speed, and turn rate really need to be looked at pretty much across the boards for all planes
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know if the Spitfire is more agile but it’s roughly on par and coupled with its 8 guns it’s overpowered compared to any other plane in the game.
  • Raspu71nG
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Planes really need their performance stats reworked. It would be nice if planes felt like they flew uniquely instead of being more or less floaty.

I like how each different plane has its own armament loadout that can be balanced separately, but not enough work has gone into balancing the performance of planes against eachother.

Things like acceleration/deceleration, top speed, and turn rate really need to be looked at pretty much across the boards for all planes

spitfire vb is the best one

spitfire vb > bf109g6 > spitfire va.
    the advantange of the spitfire va is its 8 guns, but it is weak if you get behind a spitfire va.

• TheyHaveScissors
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Raspu71nG wrote: »
    fakemon64 wrote: »

spitfire vb is the best one

spitfire vb > bf109g6 > spitfire va.
    the advantange of the spitfire va is its 8 guns, but it is weak if you get behind a spitfire va.

But is the spitfire vb not a bit more agile?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It still mostly down to pilot skill no matter what plane you use. I've done OK (for my ability) in both a VA and G6, yet during one round a (i assume) really good Stuka Pilot with cannons kept shooting me down in Spitfire. That did gripe with me a bit - how easy he found it to chase me a round the map in what should be a far inferior plane in a dogfight, but hey ho. i lost!
  • CONVEEEN
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the planes got a flight model like IL2 Cliffs oder Dover! But I know, BFV is causal shooter :)
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It still mostly down to pilot skill no matter what plane you use. I've done OK (for my ability) in both a VA and G6, yet during one round a (i assume) really good Stuka Pilot with cannons kept shooting me down in Spitfire. That did gripe with me a bit - how easy he found it to chase me a round the map in what should be a far inferior plane in a dogfight, but hey ho. i lost!
    I haven't flown almost at all but I experienced the same during a round on Hamada. I might've gotten a bit salty.
  • Draccon149
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not believe this is true, it really comes down to who gets behind who first that wins a dog fight. I've been on both the allied and axis side doing endless circles with a fighter so i don't think there as any difference between the allied and axis fighters. There only seems to be one method of shaking a tail and thats reducing your speed so you are floating and they pass you up, but when its a good pilot turns into two floating planes trying to orient themselves.
  • Raspu71nG
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But is the spitfire vb not a bit more agile?
    it is a bit more agile doing vertical and horizontal loops, the wing upgrades helps you.

i personally use the spitfire vb, and the bf109g2, and i dont use field repair, i use the default repair.
    i used to use the spitfire va, it is a beast as well. but when someone is chasing you the spitfire vb is better at turning the fight without using breaks.
  • Raspu71nG

stuka 2 is a beast, i use it more now. those stuka cannons are OP.
    a fighter plane shouldnt be able to escape when it has broken wings.
    you can escape but not by outturning the stuka, it is better if you use roll, because the stuka rolls way slower than the fighter plane.
  • snavelaer
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spitfire turns quicker and a Bf109 rolls quicker
  • TheyHaveScissors
    snavelaer wrote: »

Is this for real?
  • snavelaer
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer wrote: »

Is this for real?

Yes the stock ones without improved surface and stuff.

Out of my head. (Have the nr at home though)

Spitfere rolls in 2,33 seconds
    Bf109 rolls in 1,8 seconds

Spitfire turns in 9,25 seconds
    Bf109 turns in 9,35 seconds

I checked it in multiplayer last month.

People just shout here something often and people take it over like little sheeps, baaaaahhhhhh!
  • snavelaer
    One more thing. The faster the plane goes the faster it turns. So if you come out of a dive and you start an horizontal turn you can actually go faster than the numbers I gave.

One juicy assumption players have is that attackplanes turn slower than fighters in BF 1. This is untrue. The attackplanes just rolls slower than the fighter.

In bfv the Stuka rolls and turns slower than the fighter. So the only defense is to seatswich or get the drop on a fighter.