Turn the bullet damage back UP, get rid of these BORING SNIPER MAPS!

Comments

  • GankNinja99
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not some bum crying about the game. I have a 2.56 KDR, and I play very, very, aggressively. I'm also top 10 in the world in wins in this game. This game is BROKEN, and still in beta. I've been playing BF since 4, and I will NEVER buy this game again! I'm also the creator of one of the BEST platoons in the world...tKF (the Killing Fields) on PS4. We are well known here in the USA.

    I agree with this thread, but to be fair, win percentage is hardly a good indicator of how good someone might be, simply because of the unfair matchmaking. I've had times where I'm playing with my platoon members and we're doing very good, but because the teams are 22 vs 32, we obviously lose.
  • M_Rat13
    699 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When is it people assume the campers are snipers? Is it just that you hate them so they are obvious scapegoat?

    Sniping is really hard in this game, especially against the real campers with their Assualt semi auto death laser beams.
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    When is it people assume the campers are snipers? Is it just that you hate them so they are obvious scapegoat?

    Sniping is really hard in this game, especially against the real campers with their Assualt semi auto death laser beams.

    Because snipers have been the scapegoat for lost games throughout the entirety of the Battlefield series.
  • VincentNZ
    1923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    When is it people assume the campers are snipers? Is it just that you hate them so they are obvious scapegoat?

    Sniping is really hard in this game, especially against the real campers with their Assualt semi auto death laser beams.

    Because snipers have been the scapegoat for lost games throughout the entirety of the Battlefield series.

    Well naturally, and it is also true. Battlefield is based around objective based gameplay, meaning you need bodies on the objective. If you are not on the objective you need to constantly kill enemies at a much higher rate than when being on the objective. Now your average joe is not capable of doing that. KPM is probably halved as a recon when compared to full-auto weapons on the objective.
    At the same time the map design on many modes greatly favour the recons to increase their KPM, so that they are more worthwhile. With the effect being that on Breakthrough and GO you are an idiot to play on the objective, when you could just use a BA or SLR or SA and go off the map with 26-4 even if you are a bad shot like myself. Still all these buffs through map and mode design do not have enough of an effect to make snipers worth a damn, because they are not on the objective.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the most buutthurt post I've seen in a while.

    So you want to INCREASE bullet damage?

    So snipers will be able to now ONE SHOT people?

    You're plan seems very flawed and counter intuitive to what you blatantly hate.

    BTW I've maxed all the classes except Recon so don't use that "YoU MUst BE a NoOB sNIpER oNLy PlaYErrr"

    smh

    You do sound ****hurt. I'm already dying every, single, time from snipers in 1 shot, and without a headshot. Yes, I want to increase bullet damage, for when I come around the corner, and there's 4 dudes sitting there, I shouldn't have to put 1 clip in someone, and without missing, just to get 1 kill. Especially if they're close range, or almost medium range with an SMG, or an assault rifle. What is your point exactly?

    I think you're playing a different game and are on the wrong forum hahah.

    None of what you are saying is even remotely true to BF5.

  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the OP may have had a point but instead of of trying to make it he came across as a bit of a wally.

    The OP seems to be a TDM player and I played my first game of it today for an assignment and the map was massive (aerodrome), seemingly the whole map. My very limited experience on BF1 was the same, it consisted of snipers taking potshots at eachother across the whole of that flat open russian map that I can't think of the name of.

    My first BF experience was BF4 and it was also my first console/any gaming for about 15 years so I found the big game modes a bit much so I played mainly TDM and the maps seemed to be scaled much better. Surely those were the right sized maps for the mode.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Guess who's getting owned by snipers every round.....
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    When is it people assume the campers are snipers? Is it just that you hate them so they are obvious scapegoat?

    Sniping is really hard in this game, especially against the real campers with their Assualt semi auto death laser beams.

    Because snipers have been the scapegoat for lost games throughout the entirety of the Battlefield series.

    Well naturally, and it is also true. Battlefield is based around objective based gameplay, meaning you need bodies on the objective. If you are not on the objective you need to constantly kill enemies at a much higher rate than when being on the objective. Now your average joe is not capable of doing that. KPM is probably halved as a recon when compared to full-auto weapons on the objective.
    At the same time the map design on many modes greatly favour the recons to increase their KPM, so that they are more worthwhile. With the effect being that on Breakthrough and GO you are an idiot to play on the objective, when you could just use a BA or SLR or SA and go off the map with 26-4 even if you are a bad shot like myself. Still all these buffs through map and mode design do not have enough of an effect to make snipers worth a damn, because they are not on the objective.

    I could easily do the same as assault or support. It's not just recon players.

    Oftentimes, an overabundance of recon players is more of a result of an unbalanced game rather than the symptom. Meaning, when the game is unbalanced and one teams is getting wrecked, many players on that team will end up switching to a class which they can just sit back and farm kills with because it's not even worth trying. Oftentimes that class is the recon class. In such a case the snipers didn't cause a loss, the game was a loss to begin with.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What they need to do is nerf the head hitbox for snipers (at least on PC) or even add suppression back in for MMGs. Something needs to happen.

    Other thing is a sniper limit, which we won't get unless DICE can be bothered to give us the rental server program back.

    Yea only sniper limit is effective.
    And conquest assault, frontline, breakthrough : often battle of snipers....
  • ReignerDeustcher
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    So you want LESS damage for every bullit?

    No, I want MORE damage, like it was when this game first came out. The damage was high, just like the communities beloved, BF4, where bullet damage was also high. Then the fanbase started crying when this came out, and the game got worse.

    BF4 is beloved?? that was the WORST bf ever, i hate BF4!!!
  • plasticman883
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still assert that the return to the faster TTD as shilled by jackfrags was and is a major cause of discontent.
  • Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.
  • ViolationofDerp
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.

    This guy knows. Minotaur is a true legend.
  • One_Called_Kane
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.

    This guy knows. Minotaur is a true legend.
    It's 'TheMinotaur80' you fake fan. You must not be from the USA where he is of course well known.
  • 4V13NDH4413L
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not some bum crying about the game. I have a 2.56 KDR, and I play very, very, aggressively. I'm also top 10 in the world in wins in this game. This game is BROKEN, and still in beta. I've been playing BF since 4, and I will NEVER buy this game again! I'm also the creator of one of the BEST platoons in the world...tKF (the Killing Fields) on PS4. We are well known here in the USA.

    Dude, you seriously need to get laid......
  • Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.

    This guy knows. Minotaur is a true legend.
    It's 'TheMinotaur80' you fake fan. You must not be from the USA where he is of course well known.

    If you're a close friend like me, you address him as MinoEight.
    I'm not some bum crying about the game. I have a 2.56 KDR, and I play very, very, aggressively. I'm also top 10 in the world in wins in this game. This game is BROKEN, and still in beta. I've been playing BF since 4, and I will NEVER buy this game again! I'm also the creator of one of the BEST platoons in the world...tKF (the Killing Fields) on PS4. We are well known here in the USA.

    Dude, you seriously need to get laid......

    Don't do that. You'll just prompt him to start bragging about his impressive girth and the bevvy of women at his disposal.

  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.

    This guy knows. Minotaur is a true legend.
    It's 'TheMinotaur80' you fake fan. You must not be from the USA where he is of course well known.

    Is this a well known Troll that I was unaware of and should know about for future reference? :D
  • One_Called_Kane
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, you're THE TheMinotaur80?? Guys, show some respect. He's the founder of the Killing Fields, one of the BEST platoons out there. They are well known here in the USA. He's also a very aggressive player with phenomenal aim, NOT some bum crying about the game.

    This guy knows. Minotaur is a true legend.
    It's 'TheMinotaur80' you fake fan. You must not be from the USA where he is of course well known.

    Is this a well known Troll that I was unaware of and should know about for future reference? :D

    Some say he was released into the dungeons by a man with a growth of pure evil on the back of his head...and that he was brought to justice in the ladies bathroom by a ginger wielding nothing but a stick and proper pronunciation.
  • SirTerrible
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    ROFL, you think recon is too strong?

    Well, that's a pretty instant indicator that you've got no idea what you're talking about.

    If you're taking a whole magazine to kill an enemy, then you're simply bad. It only takes 4 hits to the body to kill with automatic weapons. It takes a max of 6 hits to kill at long ranges with assault rifles, LMGs, and MMGs. SMGs also only take 4 hits at close ranges, but they drop down to 6 hits at 50 meters and 8 hits at 100 meters. SMGs aren't intended for use at those ranges though.

    The funny thing is, assault is actually the best sniper class in the game. The G43 "dumps a load" on any recon weapon.

    And before you say, "You're just a sniper!" or bring up your stats, I'll just let you know here that my KDR, KPM, and SPM (especially my SPM) are all higher than yours. And I don't even play with a clan.

    Off topic but I think snipers should be able to switch to pistols faster than every other class. I died twice to the pistol + sniper body shot combo last night and realized those were my first two deaths from that in 200ish hours in the game lol. Snipers are a nuisance at best right now.

    I've done it a few times, but only against players that miss me a bunch or who were unaware of me before I hit them with my first shot. The swap time is too slow to be viable against an accurate opponent. I try to just have my revolver out whenever I'm in CQB areas or if I hear footsteps nearby. At least the revolver is strong if you're accurate, especially since the range buff. I've even got the slings and swivels upgrade on some of my weapons to make swapping faster, but it's still not fast enough.

    I agree though, most snipers are nothing but a nuisance that may take a chunk out of your health but usually fails to actually kill you. What's worse is when your team has a bunch of recon players who are just sitting back sniping and not really doing much for the team. I can't really blame them though if that's the class they have the most fun playing since it's not like the average player has much choice in regards to sitting back when playing recon. It's the way the class is unfortunately designed to be played.

    Yeah this guy/gal popped behind cover between the two shots both times so there wasn't much I could do. I respected that. That's basically the only way to get that combo to work unless like you said you're up against a potato basically lol. Why did they make the swap times so hilariously slow in this game? Wasn't the 9 million other nerfs to snipers enough? A class specific pistol that you can swap very quickly would definitely not hurt the balance of the game but it would give good snipers a bit more viability CQC with their bolt actions.

    The Ruby swaps pretty quickly, but its damage sucks. So it's not really a great backup to bolt actions, most of which max out around 60 or so damage at close range. You really need a pistol that will finish your target off in one more hit or you'll still be outgunned. So the only good choice is the revolver which has a pretty slow draw speed but can make up for the relatively low close ranged damage of bolt actions.

    I don't even count the Ruby because of the damage. Needs to be 1 sniper shot + 1 pistol shot or there's no point!
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not some bum crying about the game. I have a 2.56 KDR, and I play very, very, aggressively. I'm also top 10 in the world in wins in this game. This game is BROKEN, and still in beta. I've been playing BF since 4, and I will NEVER buy this game again! I'm also the creator of one of the BEST platoons in the world...tKF (the Killing Fields) on PS4. We are well known here in the USA.

    I agree with this thread, but to be fair, win percentage is hardly a good indicator of how good someone might be, simply because of the unfair matchmaking. I've had times where I'm playing with my platoon members and we're doing very good, but because the teams are 22 vs 32, we obviously lose.

    KDR, win percentage, SPM... they all are somewhat useless indicators when evaluating strictly individual skill.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!