Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks, BR games suck.
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BR games are for kids, hide for the majority of the game then hope to be victorious at the end, what a load of rubbish. BR has zero place in battlefield.

All the kids play COD so why not ruin that game instead?
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BR games are for kids, hide for the majority of the game then hope to be victorious at the end, what a load of rubbish. BR has zero place in battlefield.

• DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Given that Firestorm is being developed by Criterion, the impact on DICE resource will be minimal.

There were quite a few threads wanting a BR type mode awhile back.

You will also need closer to 1000 votes to be considered representative.

That said, upvote THIS comment if you really don't care either way.
    Would somebody kindly upvote it on my behalf as you can't upvote your own posts!

I don't think many people realize it's not being done by Dice. A lot of "fix bugs" and "more maps" comments when that has nothing to do with the BR mode.

BR games are hit or miss with me. Some of them I enjoy (PUBG, Apex) others I don't care for at all (Fortnite, Blackout). So it will be a wait and see how it plays.

I do think they're making a mistake by not making it F2P. If they want to maximize player count they have to let players play it for free and make up for the cost through BOINS.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    James-MII wrote: »

I think that BR is in fact a fun genre, don't get me wrong...

but I'd agree it has NO PLACE in Battlefield. If you want to be successful in a game, do one thing, but do it really well. Not many things done in mediocrity.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Given that Firestorm is being developed by Criterion, the impact on DICE resource will be minimal.

Would somebody kindly upvote it on my behalf as you can't upvote your own posts!

I don't think many people realize it's not being done by Dice. A lot of "fix bugs" and "more maps" comments when that has nothing to do with the BR mode.

BR games are hit or miss with me. Some of them I enjoy (PUBG, Apex) others I don't care for at all (Fortnite, Blackout). So it will be a wait and see how it plays.

I do think they're making a mistake by not making it F2P. If they want to maximize player count they have to let players play it for free and make up for the cost through BOINS.

Ok so I see your point, even though we have no confirmation of manpower being used elsewhere for this mode...

but one thing we can't deny... BUDGET was definitely spent on BR when it could have been put into more content, maps, weapons, factions, etc.

If this game was pumping out good content every week we'd be singing a different tune.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    don't care for it at all. i will probably try it for a couple of rounds and never play again.
  • Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ENKkii87 wrote: »
    If I wanted battle royale I'd play any game that's dedicated to it.

My opinion exactly I bought BF5 because it wasn’t a BR type game
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Me and everyone I know don't give a damn about BR mode. Lots of people don't. Apex Legends basically shot down any possible chance for Firestorm to be successful
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. I never wanted it, but didn't mind its inclusion, however, I really don't appreciate that all of BFV seems to be built around mechanics for this mode. Attrition doesn't really make sense until it's in a BR context, as does squad revives, no spotting and instead getting a ping system etc.

Seems like BFV was built from the ground up to be BR, and then they just added Battlefield gamemodes to it, which is funny because they delayed BR.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JanTwardy wrote: »
    NO.

I'm with Battlefield since start, Battlefield 1942. They should focus on BF modes like CQ, Rush and Conquest Squad - which is great. For that will love BF not some cop or BR.

You forgot opertaion ) They were quite good in BF1.
  • GrislyAccord
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle Royale's not my thing. I don't care if they make one. I'd probably play it a time or two, but there are a LOT of game modes I never play. Like Team Deathmatch.

I've played a few rounds of Fortnite and Apex, but it just doesn't do it for me. But then, if it did, I'd probably be playing those games and not this one.

If DICE made a new version of BF Vietnam, on the other hand, I'd be ALL OVER THAT ****!!!!!!!! (Hear that DICE? We need another Battlefield Vietnam!!!!!!)
  • moose004
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BRs are already approaching their sell-by date. Apex Legends is probably the last one that will make a splash, and deservedly so, it's really good...but the market is oversaturated as it is, and sad to say, it's not like the Battlefield name is going to attract BR players from Fortnite and Apex. And a lot of Battlefield players don't like BRs in the first place because we tend to be more objective-focused in our play.

I'm still sitting here shaking my head wondering why they did it.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BR could be fun with a battlefield spin on it. For that reason I am looking forward to what we get next month.

However, if I had my choice, I would not have asked for a BR mode before it was announced. Developing that mode is sure to have taken development time away from core modes and content creation.

Dice should have focused their efforts first on providing the best classic BF experience yet before they committed to new modes that are already very well served in the market.

If you think about it, Apex, fortnite, and pubg were all focused on creating a standalone BR game. What are the odds that Dice is able to come out with a competitive BR mode that makes the development time worth it when they were split working on many modes, both multiplayer and single.
  • ShevermiN
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So did anyone play BF1 Incursions ??? nobody asked for it but hey you get it free with BF1.

But 30+ million people bought PUBG on PC while the game was in alpha and they got to 3 million concurrent players at one point. And 80% of those players on PC were BF players. Well that was the percentage of my friends that played Battlefield in the past. Hand up if you bought it or played it ??? not me but 80% of my origin friends list did.

How about Fortnight, yes it is free to play and multi platform but over 100 million downloads and up to 14 million concurrent players....

Apex did 10 million downloads in the first week and cracked the million concurrent player mark in the first week as well.

You might not have asked for Battle Royal but the rest of the internet did. And if Firestorm gets gets some numbers they will trickle back to the rest of BFV's multiplayer base just as they have back into Titanfall 2.

• someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BR is a huge fad. Also with the release of Tetris 99 on the Switch every BR has been shot out the sky and nothing will be able to top it. EA is wasting its time with BR for BFV and like I said several times before they are going to get a very small percentage of players playing it out their core base. Also they are wasting a great studio to make it. Honestly they should be creating a NEW Burnout game or at least HD remaster collections of the awesome Burnout franchise.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »
    So did anyone play BF1 Incursions ??? nobody asked for it but hey you get it free with BF1.

But 30+ million people bought PUBG on PC while the game was in alpha and they got to 3 million concurrent players at one point. And 80% of those players on PC were BF players. Well that was the percentage of my friends that played Battlefield in the past. Hand up if you bought it or played it ??? not me but 80% of my origin friends list did.

How about Fortnight, yes it is free to play and multi platform but over 100 million downloads and up to 14 million concurrent players....

Apex did 10 million downloads in the first week and cracked the million concurrent player mark in the first week as well.

You might not have asked for Battle Royal but the rest of the internet did. And if Firestorm gets gets some numbers they will trickle back to the rest of BFV's multiplayer base just as they have back into Titanfall 2.

Unfortunately firestorm isn't F2P. You need to buy BFV to play it. That's the big disconnect: the internet isn't asking for paid BR.
  • CosmicStriker
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOTE Mine UP if You want this !
    but really Battlefield games have always been innovative , and i am interested in seeing this game mode.
  • pest174
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ok so I see your point, even though we have no confirmation of manpower being used elsewhere for this mode...

but one thing we can't deny... BUDGET was definitely spent on BR when it could have been put into more content, maps, weapons, factions, etc.

If this game was pumping out good content every week we'd be singing a different tune.

I don't think you quite understand how a production budget works.

We are getting weapons almost weekly. Maps is another thing, but that's an internal issue with management, as we've seen the first map already had a redesign. What's the point of dumping out poorly designed maps one after another? Would you prefer that?

I don't think we'll get any substantial content until the game is running as intended under the hood, and there's absolutely no evidence that the inclusion of BR is detracting from any of it.

Factions? That's also a design choice how Dice decides to implement it. Rumor has it it'll just be skins, and it'll stick to the Axis vs Allies.

What what other sort of content? Firestorm is content. Combined Arms is content. Game modes is content. It's asinine to insinuate one type of content is minimizing content overall.