Population Died off Quickly?

Comments

• FocalCapybara34
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im lucky to play once a week now and couldn't really be bothered with it.
    Im not exactly sure why but it just isn't as fun as other titles and really doesn't have those only in battlefield moments .
    The tides of war assignment s have also put me off as I hate assignments especially for weapon unlocks on game modes I don't enjoy
  • SixTouge
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well said Moosehunter1969

I loved BF1 but going back to it after playing V, I can't say it bests V in just about any aspect other than the audio. BF1 soundtrack was probably one of the best I've heard in any game, and the gun sounds had a more vivid and alive sound than they do in V. Other than that, BFV feels and plays better in almost every way to me.

I have yet to have problems finding a game that's full as well.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I am not quitting this game, i'm just taking a vacation from it. I've done most of the ToW challenges, but can't be bothered for a tank since they aren't that great to begin with. As for the base game, it is what it is. I am more disappointed by the "Deluxe" edition I got as all it really was is early access, my "Airdrops" have stopped completely.

I think that a break will allow me to step back, pause for more content and patches to come out, and let me to step back into the battlefield with a clean view with a few more things to unlock...

and if the game fades away quickly it is a important take-away for the Devs to not "Over Dev" the game, with too many game modes, campaign, shooting range. I don't know about you but shooting sporting clays at a gun range isn't why i bought BFV and neither is Firestorm....

BF Franchise = Multiplayer Maps; (4) classes; vehicles, and destruction of the environment the version of BF that we got this round has a serious identity crisis
  • FishingAddict24
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    I've been playing video games for over 30yrs and I have to admit to the whiners and complainers that they do have a point. Something has changed in the marketplace in the last 10yrs that wasn't there before. It's a tolerance for mediocrity. If a game is broken and not working players accept it because the vendor is saying the game is in "preview" or "beta" mode. Then the game releases fully and it has most of the same bugs that were in the beta and preview versions. Players complain the whole time about problems but the companies just kept pushing to add new features instead of polishing the current broken things in the game. PUBG is a perfect example. The game releases new maps and tries to copy the success of Fortnite with some of the same bugs it had since preview.

The person who posted if we just waited instead of pre-buying or buying day one was right on. I'm a BF fan from the first Battlefield so I was buying this regardless of the reviews so I'm to blame as well. We all need to wait and really see what a game has to offer before buying it.

In regards to the OP I think a lot of people are checking out Anthem and Apex. It probably is cutting into the BF5 player base. There is nothing like Battlefield though so people who really like the game style will be back. I was on the fence about BF5 for quite awhile when I first got it. After playing it since launch I'm happy with the game. Sure I wish there were more maps and guns but no matter how good the game is I'm sure I'd still want something else.

It's human nature to never be satisfied.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same on PS4. EU Breakthrough servers are in the single digits much past 10pm GMT.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am enjoying the game despite the shortcomings that are there. I am unahppy to hear about the Deluxe Edition being basically worthless to those that purchsed it, though. I am a fan of the Battlefield title in general, and the basic version has given me my money's worth to date. But we need to remember that EA lost billions in share value in 2017, and is scrambling to stop the bleeding. So pre-ordering or purchasing day one, is not a great idea for anything that EA is associated with, as they are in economic turmoil still and you may run into more things like a Deluxe Edition that is not that deluxe. My hope was that the company possibly learned something from their Battlefront II debacle. But hope in one hand, %^&* in the other and see which fills up first, right? Anyway, as mentioned by others, Apex is free and is rather good, especially for the price if you are into the Battle Royale thing, which I am not. Anthem will drop this week, and despite connection issues during the free trial for EA access members, there is some value there I think for those into that type of gameplay. So with those that are not finding their groove on BFV, there are new, shiny options to throw money at. But I feel that BFV will pick back up again if EA and DICE decide to put on their work shoes and shore up the things that are really angering those that are not enjoying the current version. But as is, I am still getting those wonderful BF moments with this release, and will continue to play for the foreseeable future.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last 5 or so posts have been very thoughtful. Good reads!

I agree that preordering is definitely the first thing we, as gamers, should stop doing. I read this great article about 5 or 6 years ago that proposed that preorder bonuses, in essence, were really just veiled consumer feedback surveys by publishers to see what they could get out of the consumer and to determine the minimum amount of product they could sell that we would still buy.

A real basic example...if we all preorder BFV knowing we’re getting 9 maps on release, and then preorder at the same levels next time for BF6 and 8 announced maps, the publisher knows that we’re all good with 8 maps, and they never have to create 9 maps on release ever again.

With that said, it will be interesting to see where BF goes next. It surely has to be back to modern combat. I think the success of the early access PC game, WW3, will influence that decision. The trailers for it reminded me of a 2019 version of BF3.

PS: I preordered Deluxe, and it was not worth the extra $20.
  • MrCamp121
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesnt help that, for example...i cant 4 feet without rubberbanding 15 feet backwards. The amount of times the past few days ive just dashboard quit because of the utter garbage servers is beyond what can be counted on 1 hand
  • MrCamp121
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesnt help that, for example...i cant 4 feet without rubberbanding 15 feet backwards. The amount of times the past few days ive just dashboard quit because of the utter garbage servers is beyond what can be counted on 1 hand

Cant run* 4 feet
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But is it the servers or is it your location or your internet or any other factor interrupting the data flow. I live in central England and the games performs really well, no rubber banding, no getting shot around corners etc. There is a vast amount of information going down the pipes from a BF game, more than any other shooter out there. There are numerous factors affecting this. The fact that myself and plenty of others aren’t having any issues would indicate the servers work fine.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only had the game a week so I hope the playerbase doesn't completely skedaddle. That said, sometimes it is nice to have the opportunity to run around and explore a map in a soldier-scarce round without being slaughtered, mullered, battered, bruised. My ego has even taken dents. It's been an intense week of learning how to play this BF. More so than any of the others. Played all BFs that have released on Xbox (going back to BF2MC) except for Hardlines - it just never appealed to me. I'd hmmmm'd and haaaa'd over buying this one but thankfully the OH got sick of my indecisiveness and bought it as a Valentine's gift. Anywho, howdy folks. Hope everyone is well and getting some enjoyment out of life.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice making broken games has caught up with them am afraid
  • MrCamp121

But is it the servers or is it your location or your internet or any other factor interrupting the data flow. I live in central England and the games performs really well, no rubber banding, no getting shot around corners etc. There is a vast amount of information going down the pipes from a BF game, more than any other shooter out there. There are numerous factors affecting this. The fact that myself and plenty of others aren’t having any issues would indicate the servers work fine.

Well considering i play on US servers that get filled with OOR players and everbody i play in party chats with leave servers because of the same issues, the classic DICE excuse of its the players end doesnt work. The other night i played domination and every player (bar 1-2) on the other team had latencies over 150. That tells me its OOR players or players with terrible connections bogging servers down
  • MrCamp121

Well considering i play on US servers that get filled with OOR players and everbody i play in party chats with leave servers because of the same issues, the classic DICE excuse of its the players end doesnt work. The other night i played domination and every player (bar 1-2) on the other team had latencies over 150. That tells me its OOR players or players with terrible connections bogging servers down

Even when im on pc i see players bragging theyre from asia or europe playing on our servers because "NA players are worse" while they cause lag
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have only experienced the rubber banding 3-4 times total. It’s very rare for me. I play on NA East servers and I’d consider my Internet very average.

What’s your:
    - DL/UL
    - distance from nearest North American server (the NA servers are in Virginia, Oregon and Ohio from what I can find)
    - typical ping
    - wired?

I’m sure everything’s fine, but I ask because on a different thread, a player was complaining about lag and said their DL was 14 and UL .95.
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not surprised considering how broken BFV is. The TTD still isn’t fixed on X1X. The game keeps resetting me back to recon level 15 although I’ve reached level 16 several times and completed the match I was in. It says I can’t equip the RSC until next round but next round it says the same thing so I reset the game and hours worth of XP is gone and still stuck at level 15 recon. It wouldn’t be that bad if bolt action rifles weren’t awful on console. The game flashes like crazy at the respawn screen and kickes me out of games via black screen. People are asking for new content and maps yet they can’t even get the got damn game to run properly. SMH 🤦‍♂️
  • FishingAddict24
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TRILLRIDAH wrote: »
    I’m not surprised considering how broken BFV is. The TTD still isn’t fixed on X1X. The game keeps resetting me back to recon level 15 although I’ve reached level 16 several times and completed the match I was in. It says I can’t equip the RSC until next round but next round it says the same thing so I reset the game and hours worth of XP is gone and still stuck at level 15 recon. It wouldn’t be that bad if bolt action rifles weren’t awful on console. The game flashes like crazy at the respawn screen and kickes me out of games via black screen. People are asking for new content and maps yet they can’t even get the got damn game to run properly. SMH 🤦‍♂️

For the loss of XP and rank try doing a full shut down of the xbox not a restart and make sure your power setting isn't set for instant on. Make sure it's in Energy Save mode then power it off. You shouldn' t have those weird issues after that. I had that same problem with BF1 and doing the power thing resolved that. The respawn thing is a known issue no happening to everyone.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've started playing Apex Legends and I only force myself to play battlefield now for the TOW rewards. Once they're done I don't play 1 more game. Apex doesn't have prone hard campers and light/dark issues that alone is enough for me to prefer Apex.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Company 2 had a ton of free maps added. Only thing we had to pay for was Onslaught mode and NAM.