Am I the only one getting destroyed almost every game?

Elprez11
33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Getting shot and killed after I move well behind a wall......getting the first shot in on the other player, hitting him multiple times, he looks up and shoots me 1-2 times I die and get 24-99 hit points....getting killed when the other player is no where near in a line of sight......tried playing sniper.....takes 2-3 hits to kill the other guy yet I get one shot sniped all over the map......tried hip firing at close range (Bren)....cross hairs right on the other player because he is literally in the room with me.....I might get 24 hit points out all the shots fired....he looks at me fires 1-2 shots kills me and runs off......I fire my bren at long range as its supposed to suppress the other guy......fire on and all around him.....he shoots back through all the dust and kills me 1-2 shots...I might end up with 24 point from 1 hit.

My PC is great, my connection is great...the more I play the worse I get......lol

Comments

• TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like latencie problems, the new patch also added higher latencies and my experience is that the netcode is worse then before patch, i never died so far behind cover as im doing now.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, same here. Like bullets aren’t registerd.
    All time low Ping, stable fps above 100, before patch it felt better.
    I did notice one or two above 100ms Ping cause noticable server lag for me.
    The way its now, I’m not gonna make a full years of regular play.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think you just need a little more practice. Find a squad to play with and you will be gine. I have my moments where everything goes sour too, but lately I am doing very well. Getting better at a game is generally, two steps forward and one step back (sometimes three steps).
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Sounds like poor latency and syncing issue from the way you described it. High pings has always caused performance issues, and the more complicated games get with hit reg the more impact it seems to have. I can always tell if a player i engaged is rocking a high ping. Recorded plenty of video in the past where the player has fired and killed me before breaking cover, or where hit reg hasn't taken effect. Should have ping limits on regional servers and place every other player with 100+ ping on specific servers catering for that.
    Some servers have serious latency issues at times which could be caused by a number of issues. At least with RSP you could reset them and have a chance of correcting it.
    In OP's case, you would do yourself a favour if more of your shots were landing on target. If you are missing too many shots, any enemy player with a decent aim and the right gun will drop you first. The bren gun can be a beast if used right, but you will get out gunned in certain situations.
  • The_Red_Patch
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The patch made the game unplayable!
  • jmcu
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Terrible, much worse for me.
  • GrislyAccord
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I have that happen to me regularly too. Got shot through one of the cinderblock walls at C in Aerodrome. Also, I seem to lose almost EVERY one on one encounter, even though I pour entire clips into the other guy. He pops me a couple of times and I'm out.

Hell, happened this morning, even. Guy and I ran into each other, I opened up with my STEN, hit markers the entire clip, ran out of bullets, and before I could switch to my pistol, he sort of stops and calmly shoots me twice in the face. It would have been cool as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in the movies...not so much in a video game where I had him dead to rights.

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600x, 24 gigs of ram, a GTX 1060 6GB and ethernet with speeds around 300 mbps and I never go into any game with a high ping. Usually run on west coast servers that are hovering around 20.
  • GrislyAccord
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    moose004 wrote: »
    I get destroyed almost every game consistently. We're talking 5-10 straight deaths without kills, all the time. Basically no matter what I do, I get seen and insta-killed and my potato aim doesn't let me score hits. The TTD is still screwed up (one-shot death from a MAS 44 for example just now). Other players never seem to miss while I can't hit to save my life. I seem to be getting WORSE at the game the more I play it, which makes no sense. And that's with good ping and 50+ fps. I can't imagine what it'd be like with latency issues.

I'm not a very good player, but I never got wrecked this bad in BF4 or BF1.

Same. Had some INCREDIBLY bad and unfun games on BF5, but some really good and enjoyable ones, too. BF1 is still a LOT of fun. Most games seem to be good. (Even ones that my team loses.) Maybe 65-70% or more? BF5 has been about 25% really good games, and a crapton of REALLY BAD ONES.

Still, I've been having a lot of fun playing medic the last week and there are lots of things I really DO like about BF5. But I totally relate to your experiences. Some games are just frustrating as FUUUUCCCCKKKK and it doesn't matter what you do. Switching classes. Getting into vehicles. Switching playing styles. Camping, hill-humping, running and gunning...and nothing works. You're still a perpetual corpse, and only seconds after spawning.

I was thinking about it the other day, wondering what made the experience so different from BF1. Same developer, same basic game...you'd think it'd be more consistent. Haven't figured it out yet, though.
  • HellzWind
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camp.

Let a few enemies pass, don't shoot.

Learn to be a ghost.

Than, you'll get better; when you learn to pick your shots.

Personally; myself. I am learning this as we speak. My problem is that I am often 'baited' in the way that I'm going for frags when I'm tempted to do so. I think if I learn to be more precise, strike a few times and reposition I'll be one happy camper.
  • Mann68heim
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my rules: avoid 64 player clusterf**** maps, play Frontlines 32 (which is awesome btw) or Domination 32. Then, when i get better and more accustomed to BFV i will continue trying out 64 player maps. This week's ToW "forced" me to play on 64 Conquest and i actually managed to have a positive K/D almost every time.
  • Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HellzWind wrote: »
    Camp.

Learn to be a ghost.

Personally; myself. I am learning this as we speak. My problem is that I am often 'baited' in the way that I'm going for frags when I'm tempted to do so. I think if I learn to be more precise, strike a few times and reposition I'll be one happy camper.

This is the play I have adopted. Some games if I have an over active squad leader they read me the riot act because I am not part of the CF that runs around getting killed.....
  • India51A
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HellzWind wrote: »
    Camp.

Learn to be a ghost.

I tried this also, after having the same problems of everyone else, however what started happening to me was if I killed a couple of people, then I would get 2 or 3 people running to my position to kill me, which they invariably did. What I find a bit more profitable, kill wise, is run and gun, something I hate, but it does get me 2 or 3 kills usually for my one death.
  • ProllyAFish
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes..
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm on the other end of this stick. I've been completely and utterly destroying people left and right for the past few days. Almost always #1 on the scoreboard with 50+ kills and 3.5+ k/d on CQL.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netcode seemed better for me this weekend. All my shots registered which gives a better outcome.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone is playing Hammud which is a sniper's playground on day three. Attackers have next to zero chance due to "enhancement" many snipers seem to have. You routinely see 50/3 60/5 etc, which is a red flag for anyone paying attention. If they are on opposite teams they balance out.
    Best bet is to play defense.
  • GoldenBoris
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    welcome to the 90-99 hit point squad lol at least when you peak around a corner and shoot somebody and pull back an die... you make it easier for medics to revive. lol

Im this close to making youtube videos of all my 90-99 hits...