Why BFv isn't that fun. *Video*

OldSkoolzFinest
471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I agree with everything this guy said in his Vid.

I find myself being less and less interested by the day. Not even Hardline made me lose my interest this quick, and I really don't see this title bouncing back unless there is a drastic overhaul.
I only played two matches of Conquest today and decided i wanted to play something else after realizing i was bored AF.

Comments

• Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hardline was super fun, I played 2 days of grand ops and was done. I disliked this game at first but gave it time, then it really wasnt so bad but now its stale.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's like hockey but it's not ice hockey it's grass hockey. It's still hockey but it's not the fun hockey.

Lmao....
  • MarxistDictator
    5064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's like hockey but it's not ice hockey it's grass hockey. It's still hockey but it's not the fun hockey.

Its like road hockey on a freeway, all the cars flying by are like bugs in the game.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Agree with all in that video. I also want to see remake of operations to BF1 style. I hate conquest, why should i play it at day 3 of operation? There are servers with 24\7 conquest maps, and players who like that game mode can use those servers. Why game forcing me to play game mode which i hate if i choosed operation which should be a big frontline?

+1.
  • PuckersMcColon
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with BF1 Operations being far superior. Aside from that, I think attrition is fine and actually adds to the gameplay. God forbid you can't just God-mode across the map.
  • MarxistDictator
    5064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    god forbid you can't just God-mode across the map.

lol what

In BF V its way easier to kill people across the map. Just grab something that is not an SMG or recon weapon and spam the trigger. Instant cross map kills with no spread.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Starting with BF1 the series has really taken a down turn in the wacky fun department. You can still have fun, if you like shooters and winning and stuff, but the old craziness of BF3 and BF4 is gone.

A lot has to do with the lack of variety in gadgets, vehicles, and weapons, but also the map design is a big factor for me. BF3 and BF4 had much more vertical gameplay than BF1 and BFV. There were tall structures everywhere and of course choppers added to that. BF1 and BFV have boring map design that are relatively flat with low buildings, pretty much all gameplay takes place in front of you without really needing to look up or down.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Starting with BF1 the series has really taken a down turn in the wacky fun department. You can still have fun, if you like shooters and winning and stuff, but the old craziness of BF3 and BF4 is gone.

A lot has to do with the lack of variety in gadgets, vehicles, and weapons, but also the map design is a big factor for me. BF3 and BF4 had much more vertical gameplay than BF1 and BFV. There were tall structures everywhere and of course choppers added to that. BF1 and BFV have boring map design that are relatively flat with low buildings, pretty much all gameplay takes place in front of you without really needing to look up or down.

I booted up BF3 yesterday for a laugh. I got one within 5 minutes of spawning. Shot down 3 helicopters in a tunnel under a mountain.

That was funny as heck even though I suicided after hitting an Uh1 at too close range with an RPG-7.

I can't recall having as fun a moment in BFV, let alone 3 in a row.

While I like the real world-u Ness of the BF franchise I also like ramping Jihad Jeeps over fences into tanks. Or base jumping off a crane. BFV lacks that entertainment value.
  • RichardSinerface
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back the fun!!

#FixPUBG
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    What platform is he playing on in the video? I haven't ever had any of those run into the enemy area and be ignored while like he was then picking them off from amongst them
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you did not have fun playing Hardline, then you were not playing it right.
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/craigerswuzhere/video/18063499
  • CosmicStriker
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CRY !!!
    I bet they hated Defuse mode in BF4
    the truth is soon they will have rentable servers and owners can change the gamemode to make it easier .
  • barnesalmighty2
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv is not fun because of one thing and that my friends is prone. Bad design on dices part. Campers... Prone. MMGs... Prone. Bad snipers.... Prone. Visibility issues... Prone. That's it for me battlefield v is tedious because of prone and none of those camping crawlers ever do well.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv is not fun because of one thing and that my friends is prone. Bad design on dices part. Campers... Prone. MMGs... Prone. Bad snipers.... Prone. Visibility issues... Prone. That's it for me battlefield v is tedious because of prone and none of those camping crawlers ever do well.

Yeah. All those prone guys. It’s like WW2 or something.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I agree with everything this guy said in his Vid.

I find myself being less and less interested by the day. Not even Hardline made me lose my interest this quick, and I really don't see this title bouncing back unless there is a drastic overhaul.
    I only played two matches of Conquest today and decided i wanted to play something else after realizing i was bored AF.

In his opening first 30 seconds he says: "I'm not saying it's not a fun game, it can be--it's one of the best battlefield games I've ever played."
    Then it's another one of those "Look how awesome I am at this game while I drone on and on about how I think it should be improved, but try not to notice my 20 kill streak, but so yeah... it totally sucks."

I don't really understand these types of videos.

"Part of me wants time to kill to change, and part of me doesn't."
    ugh... he is constantly contradicting himself while showing us how l33t he is.

@BR0KENMACHINE is as much in the pocket of Dice as the other YT overlords... Meaning... He wont be overly criticising the company that flys him to exclusive reveal events, pays for his accomodation and invites him to other BF-related events, that is the basis of his channel...

But I watched the video yesterday and noticed the exact same wording: "i think this is the best BF game ever and then rants on with his list of improvements"

I dunno what is going to happen with BFV... So many wrong decisions have been made by Dice in regards of so many aspects in the game:
    - Revealtrailer
    - Removal of Premium
    - Basic gameplaydesign/Attrition
    - Class-balance
    - ...and I could go on with this list.

I am an avid BF-gamer usually... During BF4 & BF1 I have been playing 4-5 nights a week... With BFV I am currently down to 2 nights a week... thats Thursday when the TOW-assignments come out and maybe 1-2 nights in order to complete the assignments to not miss out on the rewards...

I have gone from playing in full 5-man partys/squads to playing mainly solo... All ppl on my friendlist I have met through Battlefield and out of 50-60 ppl I get an average of maybe 3-4 playing this game at the moment...

So yeah... this game needs a major overhaul, but I´m afraid its way too late...
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Battlefield V needs more maps,fractions, and weapons, in short it needs more content ASAP. I don't want to play any more. This is sad, because i play only Battlefield games.