DISCUSSION: Battlefield V’s Next Grand Operation is The Battle Of Hannut

Braddock512
1230 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
On February 21, a new Grand Operation, the Battle of Hannut, will be added to Battlefield™ V. You'll start the fight on a revamped Panzerstorm map, battle through the countryside of Arras, and be among the first to experience the return of Rush to Battlefield V – a 64-player version of the classic Battlefield mode.
qmcv8wjpwlh21.png

For the full-blog, check out https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/grand-operations-hannut.

Down below, share your feedback on this new Grand Operation featuring our vehicle-heavy maps. Once you dive-in on Feb 21st, definitely make sure to come back to this thread to share your feedback as well!

PLEASE NOTE: This Grand Operation features 64-player Rush on Arras on the third day. The 32-player version of Rush will be available as a standalone mode for a limited time starting March 7. You'll deploy on the Twisted Steel, Narvik, and Devastation maps.

Comments

• Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that people will be crying for 32 player rush to be permanent.
    Which I would support.
    Rush is what really got me into the battlefield series, as BFBC2 was the first BF game I actively played and I never played anything other than rush.
  • Tullzter
    1053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice ! can't wait to try it out
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    64-player rush... Wow! Once the defense is dug in with their MG42s... No one will ever get near those M-coms ever...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    Looking forward to Rush although team balancing needs to happen otherwise it will not succeed.

I'm missing Squad Conquest - it would be great to see it make a comeback as I can't find any populated servers. Extra SC maps would be most welcome too. The games were the most balanced of any game mode, nearly always 8 vs 8 and closely contested.
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Karnage75 wrote: »
    Just what we needed, said no part of the 1000 or less playerbase ever.

Oh my what a joke.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to play on it tomorows. :)
  • BillBailey0
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I look forward to new content, wouldn't it be better if you ironed out the bugs first, before introducing more bugs, I get the feeling this game is starting to be a bit like BF4 when it first came out a total mess.
  • SithMetal71
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why Rush 32 player is only temporary is beyond me, This mode was awsome on BC1 and 2. As for the quote above somewhere, below 1000 players? i truly hope this game does not loose too many players as even though it's annoying it's still a great game. We need more BF vets who appreciate it to come back.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RUUUUSSSHHHH Finally!
  • fragnstein
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, I like rush too. hope its permanent
  • JUJAMAKILL
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be excited if it wasn't for the fact that it is too little and too late. Grand Ops is my fave game mode, but over the last 3 weeks i haven't been able to find a GO server with more than 1 or 2 people in it on PS4 Oceania servers.

Depressing to see that PS4 Oceania server list has gone from roughly 46-48 available servers during prime time across all game modes at release, down to 23 or so servers now. Some of those are basically empty lobbies. And during the day there is lucky to be 10 available.
  • jjdg88
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the most recent forum so I'm going to drop this here. But I'm currently having issues with the tides of war. Ever since the client side patch, where you changed the kill requirements of the last challenge from 20 to 5, it has been showing that I have the challenge complete and have the tank unlocked, but when I check my shipments or my company the tank is no where to be seen. I had 12 kills already on the challenge, with only the 8 to go, so I want to know what you plan on doing about this. I rather not have all the work I put into getting as far as I did go to waste.
  • cvanilla90
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jjdg88 wrote: »
    it has been showing that I have the challenge complete and have the tank unlocked, but when I check my shipments or my company the tank is no where to be seen.

The same for me I killed one guy after this "20 to 5 update" and i had notification that I passed this objective. Still Stug is nowhere to be seen.

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Karnage75 wrote: »
    Just what we needed, said no part of the 1000 or less playerbase ever.

I don`t know what game you are playing but there is far more than 1000 players playing this game im finding over 100 full servers in EU only each day in conquest mode alone so stop talking out of your behind.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    I saw the video of this on Reddit and whilst I'm loving having new content I'm not sure going with a night map is sensible. Looks like visibility is going to be even more of an issue?

I'll give it a blast, I loved Nelson Pass so hopefully it'll recapture some of the vibes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2tt67YyGPz0
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    cvanilla90 wrote: »
    jjdg88 wrote: »
    it has been showing that I have the challenge complete and have the tank unlocked, but when I check my shipments or my company the tank is no where to be seen.

The same for me I killed one guy after this "20 to 5 update" and i had notification that I passed this objective. Still Stug is nowhere to be seen.

Look at your company maybe its already in there. Also restart your game. Sometimes content does not show up until I have restarted.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I don't understand why day 3 goes to Arras.
  • maskedocelot
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the new grand operation, the look and feel of the game modes is really good, and it plays well. Also this weeks tides of war pathing seems better, with an easier/soloable middle line and 2 slightly harder/luck based lines down the sides make it a lot less frustrating.
    My 1 criticism would be that on phase 1 of the tank heavy map for the attacking team if all your tank drivers are being wimps it's really hard for the remaining infantry to do anything, not just attack but literally anything. Some hard cover or a trench network on the right hillside might make it better for the left over infantry players. When the tank drivers aren't being wimps it plays really well.

Really enjoying this update, more of the same please.