Super Tanks are WORTHLESS

2»

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The anti-tank truck is complete garbage... both times I've used it, I only lived for 20 seconds... you have no one firing, so you have to jump up in the death seat yourself, then you can't escape the **** running up with dynamite. It's utter garbage.
  • narnold700
    272 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    The anti-tank truck is complete garbage... both times I've used it, I only lived for 20 seconds... you have no one firing, so you have to jump up in the death seat yourself, then you can't escape the **** running up with dynamite. It's utter garbage.

Actually, I don't totally agree with that assessment. It is possible to rack up lots of kills with the AT halftrack on 'some' maps, but you have to camp with it as it is not suitable for PTFO.
  • Astr0damus
    2588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    narnold700 wrote: »

Actually, I don't totally agree with that assessment. It is possible to rack up lots of kills with the AT halftrack on 'some' maps, but you have to camp with it as it is not suitable for PTFO.

Well, you will never find me camping in the safe-area of the spawn. So again, it sucks. If a gunner would spawn in with me, maybe it wouldn't be so worthless. But as it is.. it is mainly an expensive transport that prevents one from obtaining a JB-2 rocket.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is 100% incorrect. You can wreak HAVOC on the enemy team with it. Hell it's even pretty decent in CQC with actual tanks. Me and my squad have rolled quite a few tanks with the Panther Struggle Bus.

Cannon on it hits hard, has a ton of Range, and infinite ammo. One Struggle Bus can collapse the enemy teams entire armored element if you utilize it properly.

Also you know what else SUCKS about Super Tank reinforcements?

The fact that if someone doesn't spawn in them RIGHT AWAY, you lose them and the points you spent.

WHY???
  • Astr0damus

This is 100% incorrect. You can wreak HAVOC on the enemy team with it. Hell it's even pretty decent in CQC with actual tanks. Me and my squad have rolled quite a few tanks with the Panther Struggle Bus.

Cannon on it hits hard, has a ton of Range, and infinite ammo. One Struggle Bus can collapse the enemy teams entire armored element if you utilize it properly.

The fact that if someone doesn't spawn in them RIGHT AWAY, you lose them and the points you spent.

WHY???

In a way we agree, because that was my point.. I order one, then I have to "redeploy" and take an extra death so I can spawn in it, then no one has ever spawned in with me, not even blueberries.. So I really don't know how good it could actually be in CQB.
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20

WHY???

In a way we agree, because that was my point.. I order one, then I have to "redeploy" and take an extra death so I can spawn in it, then no one has ever spawned in with me, not even blueberries.. So I really don't know how good it could actually be in CQB.

It can kill most tanks in 3 hits, and fires way faster then other tanks. Sure it cant take a hit(well it can take one), but if you fire first, and especially if you fire first, and you snuck up on them, then there is not much they can do but die.

Plus it's God Damned zippy, so you've got the mobility advantage in most scenarios as well.
  • Skepticus66
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    rainkloud wrote: »
    They recently ninja buffed both the Sturm and crocodile in last patch. However instead of passenger flamethrowers I would prefer to see that given to the driver and then the passengers get MG's or something like that.

The Sturmtiger's grenade launcher went from a fast firing launcher with quick overheat, so a slow as molasses launcher with no overheat. Buff or nerf?
  • rainkloud
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They recently ninja buffed both the Sturm and crocodile in last patch. However instead of passenger flamethrowers I would prefer to see that given to the driver and then the passengers get MG's or something like that.

The Sturmtiger's grenade launcher went from a fast firing launcher with quick overheat, so a slow as molasses launcher with no overheat. Buff or nerf?

Sturm Grenade launcher:

BlastRadius 4.0 -> 5.40000009537
    InnerBlastRadius 1.5 -> 2.0
    BlastDamage 70.0 -> 100.0

Croc Flamethrower:
    PreFireDelay 0.5 -> 0.300000011921
    RateOfFire 400.0 -> 600.0
    InitialSpeed::Vec3
    z 60.0 -> 75.0
    HeatPerBullet 0.0850000008941 -> 0.0599999986589

So yes the Sturm Grens fires slower but the damage is much more significant when it hits. Croc changes were all buffs. This occurred two patches ago.

With last patch the Croc got its own shell called ChurchillCrocodile_75mm_APCBC-HE_SHELL

You can compare it with the one it had before which was just the default Churchill shell CHURCHILLMKVII_75mm_HE_SHELL below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7wkyXjO1XzYwqbkRb56J0UfAHUdS8GF-XHJRbzopsk/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see it is much better and is a dual purpose HE and AT shell all in one. Spread the word little chickens.
  • Hawxxeye
    3797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the crocodile tank need its top gunner to change to the same one the STUG has as a second seat
  • SirSpectacle
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish the crocodile flamethrower worked like a real flamethrower and could splash around corners, that would make it a useful tool for clearing out infantry hiding in buildings.
  • Skepticus66
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sturm Grenade launcher:

Croc Flamethrower:
    z 60.0 -> 75.0

So yes the Sturm Grens fires slower but the damage is much more significant when it hits. Croc changes were all buffs. This occurred two patches ago.

With last patch the Croc got its own shell called ChurchillCrocodile_75mm_APCBC-HE_SHELL

You can compare it with the one it had before which was just the default Churchill shell CHURCHILLMKVII_75mm_HE_SHELL below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7wkyXjO1XzYwqbkRb56J0UfAHUdS8GF-XHJRbzopsk/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see it is much better and is a dual purpose HE and AT shell all in one. Spread the word little chickens.

I don't doubt you, but have you tried it in game?
  • rainkloud
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sturm Grenade launcher:

Croc Flamethrower:
    z 60.0 -> 75.0

I don't doubt you, but have you tried it in game?

No, I touch the game as little as humanly possible in its bug ridden state.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The special tanks are OP. Just check the damage modifiers on them, they can take a phenomenal beating, they’re the most armoured vehicles in game.

Their primary cannons are also crazy. Crocodile will OHK infy with splash and shred tanks as it has an HE & AT shell in one. Its only real downside is when you have the engine disabled you can’t repair it.

The grenade launcher on the Sturmtiger will lolkill anything it lands within 2m of. As for the main cannon, that thing is just so wrong, it’ll or or two hit kill basically any tank in the game, and you can easily range find it with the spotting marker and the range guide on the zoomed sights.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is the Point of the Crocodile? It's literally worse then the normal version.

The flame thrower does NOTHING. It is so weak its insane.

The Sturmpanzer is only a little better, and thats just by virtue of the cannon being powerful. The Grenade launcher is a Joke.

The only thing I would change is how the tank is brought in. I don't like how we have to die just so we can use it. What would be better is if in came in as an air drop, like the supply canisters.
  • Kongo030
    505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the AT halftracks is that they are very strong when two friends are playing but useless with randoms. If you move to the gunner position some random will take the driver seat and just suicide rush. A random gunner will just shoot randomly hitting nothing. Once I had a good run with the 251 on Panzerstorm. I was driving and getting the gunner so close to enemy tanks he couldn't miss. With a better gunner we would have ruled the map given its high speed.
  • plasticman883
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    The special tanks are OP. Just check the damage modifiers on them, they can take a phenomenal beating, they’re the most armoured vehicles in game.

Their primary cannons are also crazy. Crocodile will OHK infy with splash and shred tanks as it has an HE & AT shell in one. Its only real downside is when you have the engine disabled you can’t repair it.

The grenade launcher on the Sturmtiger will lolkill anything it lands within 2m of. As for the main cannon, that thing is just so wrong, it’ll or or two hit kill basically any tank in the game, and you can easily range find it with the spotting marker and the range guide on the zoomed sights.

That's kind of the point of them requiring points to activate, them being better than the default ones and all.

Plus, even though they can take more punishment than the normal tin cans, it doesn't put Assault classes off at all from attacking you in swarms.

Like most things in this game, they are very underwhelming sadly.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Score streaks don't belong in battlefield games.
  • Toxic_CA
    749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The crocodile is trash but I love the sturmtiger
  • 0Anesthetic4u
    Score streaks don't belong in battlefield games.

Honestly I'm not having a problem with it. They don't feel cheezy, and they are few and far between, plus they feel like something of tactical value, rather then kill farms. Better tanks are just more tanks which are already in the game, and Nukes are once a match tide changers.

WAY better then behemoths.
  • JediMastaWyn
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What!!! It is a great tank. But manned by idiots unfortunately. Best vehicle in game imo. Basic you have easy access mobile artillery

Lost count of how many times I have spawned the tank set up in a strategic position to rain death on armor and infantry usually from a safe distance and some lemon jumps in the drivers seat, drives the vehicle right onto the capture point where we die from the dozen panzer rounds fired :/

I has a long range, fast firing gun with infinite ammo. No idea why players can't get it into their head that it's better used from medium to long range. You shouldn't be closer than 200 metres from a objective with the vehicle this gives you the optimal coverage

Although the splash damage is pathetic