Is the Current RoadMap Enough?

Cpt_Blitz_26
280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 20
https://i.redd.it/b98f30lzlz021.jpg

This is the roadmap we have to go off of atm.

So far we are promised no new maps or modes besides Battle Royal until March and a greece map...

Has the content drip been enough for you guys? Too much? Do you like this roadmap style of release? What would you change?

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    I would change the following

- Make weekly content sections to this roadmap
    - Overhaul the store so our CC actually matters
    - More skins and vehicles skins accessible, also unlock the exclusives for that month to be purchasable at the end of that month for those who didn't get it
    - New maps at least every other month.
    - Get to the USA release quick to save this sinking content ship!
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well first of all you have the subtract all the stuff that should have been in the release game, like the last SP mission, Coop and Firestorm. Then add some solid numbers on skins, weapons, assignments etc.. Then you will have a concrete overview of what was added. Greece will be the first bigger content drop, and then we can objectively judge if the amount of content was alright. Also keep in mind that everything we got so far was also free of charge, since there is no possibility yet to spend any money.
    Personally I believe that the content we received so far was quite generous for free. ToW that is, has been rather successful in my book. The base game, as it released on November 9th however, and the and the state the game is in now, feature wise, however was and is not acceptable.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    edited February 20
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well first of all you have the subtract all the stuff that should have been in the release game, like the last SP mission, Coop and Firestorm. Then add some solid numbers on skins, weapons, assignments etc.. Then you will have a concrete overview of what was added. Greece will be the first bigger content drop, and then we can objectively judge if the amount of content was alright. Also keep in mind that everything we got so far was also free of charge, since there is no possibility yet to spend any money.
    Personally I believe that the content we received so far was quite generous for free. ToW that is, has been rather successful in my book. The base game, as it released on November 9th however, and the and the state the game is in now, feature wise, however was and is not acceptable.

I agree it would be wise to withhold total judgement until we wrap up this section in March... however... you have to give a great first impression to drive sales and I believe so far it's failing on that front.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would agree that the roadmap itself is rather lacking, because it does not tell you anything really. I recall when it first came out, there was no mention of any new weapons at all. I was really concerned at that time.
    Also it is rather vague, nothing is really set in concrete up there, when it says February it can mean any time on that month and stuff gets postponed in short notice or get implemented rather sneakily and without great marketing like the new operation or coop.
    Further there is no mention of the darn shop either, now I am not fond of it, but it is the financial basis of the game, so it should have been in long ago, since it means further content.
    In the end the roadmap just fits nicely into the rest of BFV's marketing or news policy. In these days if you want to keep up with the game and know what will come, you have to follow individual devs on twitter. The roadmap is basically irrelevant.
    Stuff like this, including the twitter showcases of DRUNKKZ3 and others, the roadmap, patchnotes and announcements need to be put on the main menu screen so that players see that stuff gets done. Instead we get a main menu where 3/4 are filled with lens-flared characters.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It wasn't free, I paid 50 shiny british pounds.
  • VincentNZ
    Caramac_D wrote: »

You paid 50 quid for ToW? ToW, which is the monetization scheme for Battlefield 5 is completely free of charge at the moment. What yo paid for is the base game, that includes the promise to bring content updates through ToW, not ToW itself.
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would agree that the roadmap itself is rather lacking, because it does not tell you anything really. I recall when it first came out, there was no mention of any new weapons at all. I was really concerned at that time.
    Also it is rather vague, nothing is really set in concrete up there, when it says February it can mean any time on that month and stuff gets postponed in short notice or get implemented rather sneakily and without great marketing like the new operation or coop.
    Further there is no mention of the darn shop either, now I am not fond of it, but it is the financial basis of the game, so it should have been in long ago, since it means further content.
    In the end the roadmap just fits nicely into the rest of BFV's marketing or news policy. In these days if you want to keep up with the game and know what will come, you have to follow individual devs on twitter. The roadmap is basically irrelevant.
    Stuff like this, including the twitter showcases of DRUNKKZ3 and others, the roadmap, patchnotes and announcements need to be put on the main menu screen so that players see that stuff gets done. Instead we get a main menu where 3/4 are filled with lens-flared characters.

Last patch notes are on the home screen on PS4.
  • EoG_Alchemist
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »

You paid 50 quid for ToW? ToW, which is the monetization scheme for Battlefield 5 is completely free of charge at the moment. What yo paid for is the base game, that includes the promise to bring content updates through ToW, not ToW itself.

But... The promise means that's what he paid for even by that logic.
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So far we are promised no new maps or modes besides Battle Royal until March and a greece map...

Has the content drip been enough for you guys? Too much? Do you like this roadmap style of release? What would you change?

Compared to what though, Premium?

Until the whole 'Live Service' plays out, it is premature to judge on the basis of the current Road Map.

Compared to BF4 that had had a DLC drop by this time, perhaps not but compared to BF1.....

I prefer Premium but will reserve full judgement till we have got everything. I will then say "Actually, that worked" or more likely, Told you so!".
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just gonna copy&past my answers from now on....

When do you realize that BFV was intended to be a microtransaction galore heaven...
    - Prosthetics arms
    - Haircuts
    - Clothings
    - Weaponskins

EVERYTHING (as in EVERY FRIGGIN THING) was removed by Dice because of the SWBF2 uproar and the manure-storm after the Robo-women...

This is why we experience these lackluster weaponskins... (Has anyone ever seen other than Gold or Mint-skins).

I bet my hillbilly strawhat, that EA pushed Dice to release BFV for 2018 because they wanted the salesnumber to appear in the 2018 fiscal year... Moving the game to 2019 was never an option... The exact same thing happened to BF4... It wasnt ready to release Nov 2013... But PS4 was new and EA needed a AAA-FPS to release....

Back to BFV - We can agree that the current playercount is at an all-time low for this game. I started seeing the first Oceania-players that are unable to find populated servers in primetime...

My friendlist (approx 50-60 ppl) is down to 2-3 ppl playing the game during the night...

At this point I dont expect any major additional content to be released.
    Firestorm is definately not gonna save BFV.
    The core players NEVER asked for a BR-mode... And the cool kids are all playing Apex and wont be bothered by Firestorm... I predict Firestorms lifespan to be not much longer as BF1´s Incursions...

MY REAL QUESTION HERE IS:

Do you think Dice is going to try and ressurect BFV with major updates, improvements for a playerbase that is nearly gone?

or

Do you think they will give it a last shot with the next Battlefield. I would expect them to create the game around the current core gameplay mechanics so either a BF Vietnam or a Bad Company 3 Back to the Roots with whacky characters and a super arcardy multiplayer....

• JediMastaWyn
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't really call it a road map when we can't see anything past March. More like a road block!
  • VincentNZ
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Compared to what though, Premium?

Until the whole 'Live Service' plays out, it is premature to judge on the basis of the current Road Map.

Compared to BF4 that had had a DLC drop by this time, perhaps not but compared to BF1.....

I prefer Premium but will reserve full judgement till we have got everything. I will then say "Actually, that worked" or more likely, Told you so!".

If you exclude the china Rising DLC, which came out a month after release the PC crowd had to wait for six months until Second Assault hit. It might have even been released after Naval Strike. There were some serious issues with that.
    I do prefer Premium, too, still that was no guarantee for quality. The game was just as prone to objectively bad map design and rushed content. BF1 is a prime example for that. After Panzerstorm, I have little hope for Crete, I expect nothing more than a flat field with 7 flags, a few buildings as cover and 11-15 planes. Maps like that are simply too easy to design, work on all modes equally mediocre and are streamlined.
    Still you are right, we need to see one major content drop until we can fully judge.
  • Trokey66
  • MidriffUrchin0
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    [quote="dA_9_eL_81;c-1481891

Back to BFV - We can agree that the current playercount is at an all-time low for this game. I started seeing the first
    Do you think they will give it a last shot with the next Battlefield. I would expect them to create the game around the current core gameplay mechanics so either a BF Vietnam or a Bad Company 3 Back to the Roots with whacky characters and a super arcardy multiplayer....

[/quote]

There is no way battlefield vietnam will happen, if people were having visibility issues in big open maps against the terrain then imagine guerilla jungle warfare in true camo. People wouldn't be able to handle it.
    Personally I'd love it but we are more than likely going to see modern/ future with bright colourful skins built around BR in mind.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is in the road map.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What would I change? I'd make it a game with paid DLC (and Premium) so we would get much, much more added content and know when we'd be getting it. Look at BF4 which launched with ten maps and had thirty-three by the time they were done, along with new weapons, vehicles and game modes, that game virtually tripled in size thanks to paid DLC justifying the development costs.

Anyone who ever thought EA would foot the bill for a large amount of new content for this game without ongoing revenue was a fool. Those game publishers who have unpaid DLC are bringing in money in other ways, like selling skins, they're not doing it just for laughs. PUBG can add new maps because people will pay real money for evil clown costumes for their characters, until that happens in BFV the new content will arrive in a trickle.

So all you folks who thought EA should move away from paid DLC, how's that working out for you? Happy with the amount of new content in BFV vs. BF4?
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They said a new roadmap will be released in March just before Firestorm launches. Just an FYI
  • Trokey66
    bran1986 wrote: »

It is in the road map.

Then I believe wrong and stand corrected.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly would not count on very much more as far as content. Star Wars Battlefront 2 went the no Premium route as well, said all extra content would be free. All 4 main classes you start with have the same 4 guns they started with at launch. They added a few maps and couple new Heros, not much. I didn't even look at the roadmap, I'm not even sure if I should care, I am not holding my breathe for anything spectacular.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌