Could we please get Capture the Flag?!?!

someguy12121
456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I enjoyed in BF3 and honestly is a really good fit for the BF franchise. They missed a huge opportunity to include in BF4 and even BF1 could have had it. At the very least if they ever decide to collect some free money with a BF3 Rerelease on current gen Ill be able to enjoy it again on some of the best maps ever designed.

Comments

• CosmicStriker
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes a 4k release of BF3 for the Xbox one and PS4 would be great.
    after BC2 i think the best tanks and choppers were in BF3

Capture the flag is Conquest .
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Conquest is not CTF.
  • Catsonspeeed
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CTF might actually work in BFV, because now we don't have helicopters carrying the flags.
  • Dynamyte71
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CTF has its day. It’s all I used to play in the mid 90’s was Q2 CTF.

Times have changed. One of the biggest issues with CTF is the fact that someone has or is in control of your flag and taking it to annoy her destination.

Now this is where things can get shady and it had basically ruined CTF. Imagine if that someone controlling your flag has introduced a trimmer in their network cable affecting their ping and packet loss and you now can’t hit them? It was happening...and happening a lot. This killed IPs like Unreal Tournament whose primary game mode was CTF.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21

Conquest is Conquest.
    Capture the Flag (CTF) is where each team tries to infiltrate the enemy's base, capture their flag (I.E. pick it up), and take it back to their own base.
    One point is scored each time this happens.
    You, however score 0 points for your post.
  • pest174
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 did have Capture the Flag AKA War Pigeons, and it was a blast. I'm all for its return in BF5.
  • VincentNZ
    2411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I recall correctly, in BF3+4 CTF was the least played mode of all. So while you are right to be a fan, I very mch doubt it will be return, apart from maybe a very limited trial. It just was not popular enough.
  • TFBisquit
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game needs more speed to be succesfull in old fashioned ctf. To the point your head starts spinning when rounding too many corners.
    Battlefield was never really suited for this.
    What this game could use though, demolishion and 64p deathmatch/tdm. BR will simulate the first.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Obliteration on Siege of Shanghai still my fave moments in BF4... Everybody fighting over the elevators to get to the top of the tower in order to parachute down on the enemies objectives... CLASSIC!
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited February 23
    CTF in BF3 was the absolute best mode and for those of you who didn't give it a chance, you really messed up.
    Post edited by olT3lo on
  • Dynamyte71
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As I stated earlier. I love my Xbox. I play bfv on both it and the pc. I like the fact that there is very little in the way of cheating on consoles.
    That being said, CTF is a mode that is really though to do on a console these days. The reason being is the amount of time you are in control of the opposing teams flag on the return.
    Yeah on the console you don’t have hacks you download for esp or aimbotting. What was happening was people were messing with their lan cable to their modem introducing lag and packet loss. You could not hit these players with the flag. It’s easy to do...and not fun.
    This hack marries best with the CTF play mode and totally ruins the experience.
  • Icemangooo
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I enjoyed in BF3 and honestly is a really good fit for the BF franchise. They missed a huge opportunity to include in BF4 and even BF1 could have had it. At the very least if they ever decide to collect some free money with a BF3 Rerelease on current gen Ill be able to enjoy it again on some of the best maps ever designed.

BF3 maps were so good.

CTF was an underrated mode, but conquest is honestly still better tbh
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That would be a great addition!
  • thamac15
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loved CTF in BF4, had so much fun and a lot of hilarious times with friends.