Why BFv isn't that fun. *Video*

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    What platform is he playing on in the video? I haven't ever had any of those run into the enemy area and be ignored while like he was then picking them off from amongst them

Ps4
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    Battlefield V needs more maps,fractions, and weapons, in short it needs more content ASAP. I don't want to play any more. This is sad, because i play only Battlefield games.

I know it sucks that this is your only franchise but you should test out other games to always have a backup when one disappoints.
    I've always been addicted to shooters first luckily for me i do play other games here and there, I'll definitely be playing the Division2 next month though.
    And i always keep a good single player game around just in case online servers or internet goes down.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I agree with everything this guy said in his Vid.

I find myself being less and less interested by the day. Not even Hardline made me lose my interest this quick, and I really don't see this title bouncing back unless there is a drastic overhaul.
    I only played two matches of Conquest today and decided i wanted to play something else after realizing i was bored AF.

In his opening first 30 seconds he says: "I'm not saying it's not a fun game, it can be--it's one of the best battlefield games I've ever played."
    Then it's another one of those "Look how awesome I am at this game while I drone on and on about how I think it should be improved, but try not to notice my 20 kill streak, but so yeah... it totally sucks."

I don't really understand these types of videos.

"Part of me wants time to kill to change, and part of me doesn't."
    ugh... he is constantly contradicting himself while showing us how l33t he is.

It seems like he's contradicting to you but to me he sounds conflicted because he loves the franchise and wants to love it but at the same time he knows this game is boring and has very serious problems preventing him from truly enjoying a series he loves and a franchise his channel is built around.
    I feel the same way too, i can't stand this particular game out of the franchise but for my love of shooters and this franchise i still log in to play hoping to get that feeling i got since BC2 only to realize again that it's uninspiring and disappointing.
    I wish i had played the beta because i would've passed but i didn't because i wanted to save my excitement for the actual game and thought i would enjoy it regardless like i did all of them since BBc2........i was dead wrong.
  • VOLBANKER
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having a blast with BF5.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    edited February 21
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I'm having a blast with BF5.

Well, some people are bound to enjoy it, just like some People enjoy Fallout 76 or Anthem even though they too have serious all around issues.
    I seriously wish i could keep enjoying this game also and i did at first.
    But after 200hrs put into this game i can honestly say these bugs, lack of content ,bad balance and promise ( and hopes) of fixes through patches only to break some other things and worst of all......Design flaws, made me realize how bad this game is compared to ALL previous BF titles.
  • VOLBANKER
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But after 200hrs put into this game i can honestly say these bugs, lack of content ,bad balance and promise ( and hopes) of fixes through patches only to break some other things and worst of all......Design flaws, made me realize how bad this game is compared to ALL previous BF titles.
    I totally get what you’re saying and all that annoy me too, however I’m still having a lot of fun despite those things. Also I have faith in DICE to eventually fix things including balancing issues via those 1-2 updates we get pr. month. However I certainly understand how one can feel frustrated with things.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I totally get what you’re saying and all that annoy me too, however I’m still having a lot of fun despite those things. Also I have faith in DICE to eventually fix things including balancing issues via those 1-2 updates we get pr. month. However I certainly understand how one can feel frustrated with things.

I truly hope they do eventually fix things, preferably sooner than later so i can get into really enjoying this title.
    It's probably time for me to take a break from it for a while anyway so i don't end up despising it and just keep my eye on it to see what Dice has planned and what proper adjustments they implement over time.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Starting with BF1 the series has really taken a down turn in the wacky fun department. You can still have fun, if you like shooters and winning and stuff, but the old craziness of BF3 and BF4 is gone.

A lot has to do with the lack of variety in gadgets, vehicles, and weapons, but also the map design is a big factor for me. BF3 and BF4 had much more vertical gameplay than BF1 and BFV. There were tall structures everywhere and of course choppers added to that. BF1 and BFV have boring map design that are relatively flat with low buildings, pretty much all gameplay takes place in front of you without really needing to look up or down.

I booted up BF3 yesterday for a laugh. I got one within 5 minutes of spawning. Shot down 3 helicopters in a tunnel under a mountain.

That was funny as heck even though I suicided after hitting an Uh1 at too close range with an RPG-7.

I can't recall having as fun a moment in BFV, let alone 3 in a row.

While I like the real world-u Ness of the BF franchise I also like ramping Jihad Jeeps over fences into tanks. Or base jumping off a crane. BFV lacks that entertainment value.

Well, this was kind of the ridiculous stuff BF2 vets complained about when bf3 launched. The crazy rambo lone wolf stuff, zero squad play and saying dice have turned battlefield into cod with vehicles.
    I'm not saying bf3 & 4 aren't good games but it's kind of got hijacked by those whose first entry into the series was bf3 as being the true nature of BF games when it was the polar opposite of BF2 in everything except 64 player maps and vehicles.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It's like hockey but it's not ice hockey it's grass hockey. It's still hockey but it's not the fun hockey.

EA messed up their hockey game also with outdoor gear pink cupcake and donut uniforms. Not kidding!
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Starting with BF1 the series has really taken a down turn in the wacky fun department. You can still have fun, if you like shooters and winning and stuff, but the old craziness of BF3 and BF4 is gone.

A lot has to do with the lack of variety in gadgets, vehicles, and weapons, but also the map design is a big factor for me. BF3 and BF4 had much more vertical gameplay than BF1 and BFV. There were tall structures everywhere and of course choppers added to that. BF1 and BFV have boring map design that are relatively flat with low buildings, pretty much all gameplay takes place in front of you without really needing to look up or down.

I was thinking the same thing about vertical gameplay. Not much in terms of rooftop play.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I booted up BF3 yesterday for a laugh. I got one within 5 minutes of spawning. Shot down 3 helicopters in a tunnel under a mountain.

That was funny as heck even though I suicided after hitting an Uh1 at too close range with an RPG-7.

While I like the real world-u Ness of the BF franchise I also like ramping Jihad Jeeps over fences into tanks. Or base jumping off a crane. BFV lacks that entertainment value.

Well, this was kind of the ridiculous stuff BF2 vets complained about when bf3 launched. The crazy rambo lone wolf stuff, zero squad play and saying dice have turned battlefield into cod with vehicles.
    I'm not saying bf3 & 4 aren't good games but it's kind of got hijacked by those whose first entry into the series was bf3 as being the true nature of BF games when it was the polar opposite of BF2 in everything except 64 player maps and vehicles.

Really? Maybe I wasn't a very good BF2 player then. I remember ramping FAVs over fences and Jihad Jeeping tanks when we could C4 the Jeeps and heli capping the bases with UH60s full of engineers.

I'm happy to admit I may be misremembering. I mostly played Karkand and Infantry Only maps. But swimming up the canal solo on Karkand to take the flag opposite the train (Gatehouse?) to have your squad spawn in on you or mining the shallow road to prevent the M1 Abrams and CV-90 doing just that. But in BFV I'm running to point A, proning and 3x LMGing anything that moves. Repeat.
  • parkingbrake
    2985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    In his opening first 30 seconds he says: "I'm not saying it's not a fun game, it can be--it's one of the best battlefield games I've ever played."
    Then it's another one of those "Look how awesome I am at this game while I drone on and on about how I think it should be improved, but try not to notice my 20 kill streak, but so yeah... it totally sucks."

I don't really understand these types of videos.

"Part of me wants time to kill to change, and part of me doesn't."
    ugh... he is constantly contradicting himself while showing us how l33t he is.

Exactly. He says he's okay with attrition but then complains that he can't heal back to 100% health unless he's in a squad with a Medic--well duh, unless he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played, in a squad using teamwork. So he wants to be able to run around as a lone wolf with no consequences--sounds like he wants a game for kids. He qualifies his complaints, it's good except it's bad but he likes it but thinks it could be better--I'm not sure even he knows what he's trying to say.

These YouTubers are like the sports columnists who have to think up something controversial every week to keep people reading or watching, so they'll slam a popular player knowing that will generate a lot of angry calls and e-mails, or they'll predict an outrageous trade they know isn't really going to happen--anything to grab peoples' attention. In the end it was just smoke and mirrors, no real content.

Why do people bother watching this rubbish? The only YouTubers that interest me are the ones with insights into game design and operation like Chris at Battle(non)sense, you can learn something from watching people like him. But these clowns with nothing to offer but opinions, pfffft, who cares? I'd rather play than watch a video of someone else playing while telling me he likes and dislikes the game at the same time, I guess that makes me old fashioned. Color me unimpressed.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Right. I jumped in bf4 the other day. Soon after the attack chopper was firing at me while I took cover on top of a building. As it was coming in to finish me off I pulled up my rpg and got off a lucky shot. BAM. Blew that muther out of the sky right in front of me! I smiled. Bfv usually doesn't make me smile.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First he states that inability to automattically healing to 100% is annoyning. I think I agree. Yet you don't want to make the medic class useless. Zerghing is a problem in this game so automatically heal to 100% is maybe a good solution.

Second In the previous battlefield I didn't find the engagements interesting between players because as soon it was a draw a grenade was tossed to clear the draw. I hated the grenadespam and that is thankfully fixed! But in this game there is hardly a Cat and Mouse aspect in gunfights at all. Due to the quick TTK you either lose or win. There is hardly no time to get in cover and overthink a new approuch. So slightly higherTTK might give you from time to time that chance to survive and re-engage your enemies.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    snavelaer wrote: »
    First he states that inability to automattically healing to 100% is annoyning. I think I agree. Yet you don't want to make the medic class useless. Zerghing is a problem in this game so automatically heal to 100% is maybe a good solution.

Second In the previous battlefield I didn't find the engagements interesting between players because as soon it was a draw a grenade was tossed to clear the draw. I hated the grenadespam and that is thankfully fixed! But in this game there is hardly a Cat and Mouse aspect in gunfights at all. Due to the quick TTK you either lose or win. There is hardly no time to get in cover and overthink a new approuch. So slightly higherTTK might give you from time to time that chance to survive and re-engage your enemies.

And what's interesting, this you tuber came out against the ttk changes, only now to be complaining about the issues you cite. Simply amazing. Scary thing is, these you tube folks run DICE.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    Unpopular opinion regarding TTK:

Damage per bullet is fine but guns are to easy. It's just point and hold mouse 1 or point and bash mouse 1 really fast. 28.53% accuracy on my STG and still rising. In BF3/4 I needed a lot more burst discipline, etc to get those numbers.

This will increase average TTK while increasing skill ceiling to boot.

I also remember with the increased TTK that they ran for a short time period, I had a much easier time overall.
  • CSO7777
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    For me the fun is killed by bugs, bugs and more bugs (or "issues").

Been playing Apex (with other randoms), and that can be "frustrating" as well. But I never rage or feel cheated by the game and the game is still fun, even after getting destroyed in 5 minutes, 10 games in a row. BFV makes your blood boil pretty quickly, sound not working correctly, bad visibility, headglitching, clunky/bad movement, bad netcode, problematic map-design, ubalanced games etc. All these thing make me 'exhausted' pretty quickly when playing. And a lot of these issues were/are in older titles as well. Compared to Apex (a free game), both BFV, BF1 and BF4 are pretty low quality on many levels.

BFVs core game-play is still good and the guns feels very good in BFV, but the general low quality of the game still destroys the fun for me.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Corrupt_be wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion regarding TTK:

Damage per bullet is fine but guns are to easy. It's just point and hold mouse 1 or point and bash mouse 1 really fast. 28.53% accuracy on my STG and still rising. In BF3/4 I needed a lot more burst discipline, etc to get those numbers.

I went and looked up my BF4 stats. They are roughly equivalent to BFV.

Most used LMG was my RPK at 13%, same as my Bren.

My most used semi auto was the SCAR HV at 20%, same as my M1 Carbine.

My next semi auto was the MK11MODO at 54%. I have no gun which comes close to that in BFV.
  • TEXls1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V needs more maps,fractions, and weapons, in short it needs more content ASAP. I don't want to play any more. This is sad, because i play only Battlefield games.

I’m sure premium DLC will be announced soon... oh wait, it won’t because the community got what they asked for.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush will hopefully be a game changer