I thought we were supposed to get content over time?

lllTheSentinelll
115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What happened to tides of war?

There's have been like 2 guns and no maps...yet it was advertised as a game as a service that gets more content over time?

Well it's been several months and the game has no content...

Comments

• ThemAlfs
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the iron is working overtime on these glitches/bugs etc....
  • CosmicStriker
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 came out in October 21, 2016
    They Shall Not Pass was released on March 14, 2017
    about 5 months

have patience !!!

Battlefield V November 20, 2018
    there is not even a set date for a major expansion but i would expect it to be in late March or early April 2019.
    it's not been 5 months yet.
  • VincentNZ
    2121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to tides of war?

There's have been like 2 guns and no maps...yet it was advertised as a game as a service that gets more content over time?

Well it's been several months and the game has no content...

Are you missing 7 weeks or something? We have had a different ToW every week for 11 weeks or so now. Each week delivered a new weapon, vehicle, or a skin. Additionally we had 60 items delivered through the ToW rank. Now if you value that content is another question, but the amount of content is not debatable.
  • EoG_Alchemist
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    about 5 months

have patience !!!

there is not even a set date for a major expansion but i would expect it to be in late March or early April 2019.

I get what you're saying. But waiting 5 months a live service does not make.

My biggest problem is we were promised live service but all they have done is follow older games content flow at its slowest pace. It seems they just used "live service" to be lazy.
  • CaptHotah
    1025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo they are doing it on purpose as an excuse to bring premium back
  • SupremeAzsoul
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    There's been 5 new guns added through ToW and 2 were awarded at the end of last year outside of ToW, we've also had a tank added through ToW and there's another tank to unlock this week. In the next few weeks we will get 2 new planes and another weapon (Ross rifle).

They also added a new map, we've had a new mode, we've had co-op added and there's a new map coming next month.

You make so little sound as so much bruh :D . Keep in mind.. It has been FOUR months since the game launched.
    Also, Most of things have been half-a$$ed at best, Like the new awsome co-op mode .. .. Btw, The practise range is now broken as well. Restart it and you get that slow motion effect.. (IF it even restarts without crashing) Cool the first time i guess.
  • VincentNZ
    2121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There's been 5 new guns added through ToW and 2 were awarded at the end of last year outside of ToW, we've also had a tank added through ToW and there's another tank to unlock this week. In the next few weeks we will get 2 new planes and another weapon (Ross rifle).

They also added a new map, we've had a new mode, we've had co-op added and there's a new map coming next month.

You make so little sound as so much bruh :D . Keep in mind.. It has been FOUR months since the game launched.
    Also, Most of things have been half-a$$ed at best, Like the new awsome co-op mode .. .. Btw, The practise range is now broken as well. Restart it and you get that slow motion effect.. (IF it even restarts without crashing) Cool the first time i guess.

The Coop mode is delayed release content, not part of ToW. BF1 had nothing released 5 months into the game. PC players on BF4 had six months with no additional content.
    BFV added new content every weel for now three months straight. We have had 8 new weapons come to the game, dozens of small things like skins and dogtags, a map, two new modes, two vehicles with another map coming up next month, and a new weapon next week. Beyond that it is hazy as we do not have any info, as of now however it is a mass of content. You are either exaggerating or have not thought this through at all.
  • Slobberknob
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The disconnect is associated with "live service". They've added some content as a trickle. I think everyone could reasonably agree that most consider "content" to be something game changing (new maps, guns, vehicles, etc.) But not necessary cosmetics like weapon skins. That's why games that release mtx based weapons and such are considered pay to win.

Then there's the live service part. When I think of live service, I think of weekly patches, big or small, to fix bugs and/or add content. My biggest gripe with this game and it's bugs is with how DICE tests for them. When CC was a big issue, DICE couldn't pin point the problem because they were testing for it on a separate version of the game (according to a Dev on Twitter). I'm not going to pretend that I'm a developer or software engineer, but I don't understand that logic.

BFV can be an excellent game, I played about 150 hours worth of it until I quit around the first week of January, but I probably won't be back until there's more to do. Playing the same maps over and over is repetitive. The gunplay was great though (other than balance issues). I'm not a fan of small population game modes, like squad conquest or tdm. 64 player, all out WAR is what got me into the battlefield franchise, and it'll be what keeps me entertained and playing.
  • Tullzter
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    about 5 months

have patience !!!

True but if i recall correctly, we got Giant's Shadow, Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure before the DLC (i think)
  • SupremeAzsoul
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

The Coop mode is delayed release content, not part of ToW. BF1 had nothing released 5 months into the game. PC players on BF4 had six months with no additional content.
    BFV added new content every weel for now three months straight. We have had 8 new weapons come to the game, dozens of small things like skins and dogtags, a map, two new modes, two vehicles with another map coming up next month, and a new weapon next week. Beyond that it is hazy as we do not have any info, as of now however it is a mass of content. You are either exaggerating or have not thought this through at all.

Didn't say the co-op was part of anything.
    "BF1 had nothing released 5 months into the game." Really?, Hmm.. December 20, 2016 - Giant's Shadow!

• dA_9_eL_81
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

BF1 kept ppl entertained with their very well made "Operation" gamemode the first 6 month... Also ppl grinded to get all classes to lvl50... In BFV we all reached rank 50 within the first 2 weeks or so...

BFV is a complete lackluster....
  • VincentNZ
    The disconnect is associated with "live service". They've added some content as a trickle. I think everyone could reasonably agree that most consider "content" to be something game changing (new maps, guns, vehicles, etc.) But not necessary cosmetics like weapon skins. That's why games that release mtx based weapons and such are considered pay to win.

Then there's the live service part. When I think of live service, I think of weekly patches, big or small, to fix bugs and/or add content. My biggest gripe with this game and it's bugs is with how DICE tests for them. When CC was a big issue, DICE couldn't pin point the problem because they were testing for it on a separate version of the game (according to a Dev on Twitter). I'm not going to pretend that I'm a developer or software engineer, but I don't understand that logic.

BFV can be an excellent game, I played about 150 hours worth of it until I quit around the first week of January, but I probably won't be back until there's more to do. Playing the same maps over and over is repetitive. The gunplay was great though (other than balance issues). I'm not a fan of small population game modes, like squad conquest or tdm. 64 player, all out WAR is what got me into the battlefield franchise, and it'll be what keeps me entertained and playing.

That is at least easy enough to answer. Battlefield, and every game for that matter is not developed in one singular branch. There are several branches that are being worked on at once, it stands to reason. One might include the current build, another one for the new patch, one for a separate content update. And in each step certain bugs can be implemented and DICE has to check each and every branch to work it out. Now as far as the CC issue goes, that has been in right from the start, they might have needed to roll back a couple of patches, extinguish the bug there, and then apply every single following update to make sure this will not come back again.
    You can not always work on the current branch, since things get broken on the way, or in conjunction with others and you have to do a lot of backtracking and testing out.
    We've had patches basically every 2-3 weeks, that is a pretty fast update time, if you ask me. Also we often get a backend update on tuesdays as well, that fixes minor things, like the assignment.
    Additionally every week we get a new piece of content, which is usually substantial, like vehicles and weapons, plus a plethora of small items and stuff through the ToW rank. Further modes like SQC, Rush and a new GO. Next month will offer a new "location", which will likely mean a new map on different modes. That is not really a trickle of content, it is a flood, and all for free.
    ToW, by the time we get Crete, will have delivered at least nine weapons, two modes, two vehicles, two maps, 60+ miscellaneous items and one new GO.
    The standard BF Premium DLC, delivered four maps, a new mode, five(?) weapons and a few misc items like assignments, dogtags and such for 15€.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    about 5 months

have patience !!!

True but if i recall correctly, we got Giant's Shadow, Nivelle Nights and Prise de Tahure before the DLC (i think)

Nope.

Just Giant's Shadow.
  • Noodlesocks
    2340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    about 5 months

have patience !!!

The time frame is certainly comparable but not excusable for a live service game.
  • ElliotLH
    6733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I make it sound like a decent amount as in my mind it has been - I get as annoyed by the bugs and fiddling around with some aspects of the game as everyone else but I can't say I'm not satisfied with the content when I have been so far. That'd be lying.

I didn't even include all of the cosmetic rewards from the ToW chapters and skipped over the two ToW cosmetic rewards too. Moreover I've also been really enjoying playing Combined Arms both solo and with friends so while I'm sorry that you don't like it this is a case of 'different strokes for different folks', and it's still content at the end of the day. Unfortunately I've never once stepped foot in the test range as I've got no need to use it since I'd rather mess around in an actual match.