Hiding your stats

xHonest_Abe
218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I never can understand why some players are hiding their stats on BF5. They think no one will ever know. I just go to Battlefieldtracker and every detail is recorded. BF5 gives you a sense they are hidden by checking the box, but they are not.

Comments

• GrislyAccord
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huh? Didn't know you could. But I can understand why someone would want to hide them. If they're as bad as mine are, it's downright embarrassing. Haha.

My question would be why in the world would anybody else really want to look at them? I have NEVER looked at anyone else's stats. Nor do I have any interest or intention of doing so.

I have more problem with people taking the game so seriously. It's a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game.

Anybody wants to know how bad I am, just ask. I'll be happy to tell them: I suck! I may not be the worst player on any given server at any given time. But I'm probably pretty darned close.

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Besides the choice of free will, there is also a group that doesn't want people snooping around in their stats. There is a mega thread on this forum about that group.
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I have more problem with people taking the game so seriously. It's a **** game.

Yes, it is a game of make believe. Some are disturbed that everyone is checking their stats, a lot of worry over nothing. The only time I look at the stats is when a player is at 100 kills during one game and then to find out in the stats that he has only played Battlefield 5 for only 3 hours total. :D
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You could originally hide your stats on Battlefieldtracker, it feeds everything from a server DICE controls. This ability seems to have been broken by one of the game patches.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could originally hide your stats on Battlefieldtracker, it feeds everything from a server DICE controls. This ability seems to have been broken by one of the game patches.

Ooh, when did this happen?
  • SavageBeastZero
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My question would be why in the world would anybody else really want to look at them? I have NEVER looked at anyone else's stats. Nor do I have any interest or intention of doing so.

I have more problem with people taking the game so seriously. It's a **** game.

To give you a bit of insight as to why some people (myself specifically in this case) might be interested in tracking others stats (aside from cheater checking), is for "friendly competitive reasons" so to speak. If I end up in a sever against someone that I felt had similar skills to or better than myself, I enjoy checking out their stats. In my case it's an appreciation for the time and dedication it takes to develop into a better player. The base interest lay in it being no different that checking out the back of a baseball card in a way.

Sometimes, I also compare my stats to equally skilled or better players for strategic purposes so to speak. As an example, I'm an extremely aggressive Assault player, thus prefer to use weapons that will serve me well in the "push" and I tend to appreciate the abilities of other players who can counter me and with what weapons they main to do it. Once I have that data available I can make adjustments in the future on the fly against similar players who are countering my push. So, these metrics can help you develop into a better player if so desired.

Some players have a deeper interest in Battlefield stats than others and everyone has their reasons for being interested in them. So, at least in my case, it's never about stat shaming someone or anything like that, it's the exact opposite. For me personally, it adds to the overall experience. So, although I understand why you don't get why some players take it "so seriously" that doesn't mean that there isn't a place for it for those who do appreciate having the data available. It's really up to the end user.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't know you could hide your stats. what's the point?

Battletracker stats are not showing for me anymore so I guess I'm unintentionally hiding my stats. 404 player not found, Missing in action, The player DrunkOnRedWine on Origin has not played multiplayer. I emailed TRN no response, anyone else getting this?

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/DrunkOnRedWine/overview
  • Elprez11
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone that I have submitted as a cheater had stats hidden......Coincidence?
  • xHonest_Abe
    edited February 2019
    Red Wine....have you always used that player name from the beginning of Battlefield 5. Might be that Tracker is slow in updating players names or you use underscore, xxx, etc.

Using spectator is a good way to study the lead scorers hiding places and how he achieves the high score. One tanker with high score I followed had a team member repairing his tank continuously for one game (poor guy got killed all the time). They would change places as driver each game. So in spectator you can sometimes understand why some players are not hacking with high scores.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I never can understand why some players are hiding their stats on BF5. They think no one will ever know. I just go to Battlefieldtracker and every detail is recorded. BF5 gives you a sense they are hidden by checking the box, but they are not.

I'm not sure how you are concluding this. If the player has done it correctly, they are indeed hidden from battlefieldtracker.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Red Wine....have you always used that player name from the beginning of Battlefield 5. Might be that Tracker is slow in updating players names or you use underscore, xxx, etc.

Using spectator is a good way to study the lead scorers hiding places and how he achieves the high score. One tanker with high score I followed had a team member repairing his tank continuously for one game (poor guy got killed all the time). They would change places as driver each game. So in spectator you can sometimes understand why some players are not hacking with high scores.

Yes I've been DrunkOnRedWine since Bad Company 2 and it hasn't changed. I saw on Reddit that this website has stopped being developed
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    Turns out 'Share Game Data' was off in game!
  • xHonest_Abe

k/d 2.14 - nice one DrunkOnRedWine......I played another game a few minutes ago and the lead scorer had his stats blocked on Battlefield V. Then I went to tracker and all of stats were shown. It makes me wonder if you have to register on tracker to have your stats turn off. Or maybe CaptainHardware was right that one of the patches might of cause the release of stats.
  • Rabiiiere
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

k/d 2.14 - nice one DrunkOnRedWine......I played another game a few minutes ago and the lead scorer had his stats blocked on Battlefield V. Then I went to tracker and all of stats were shown. It makes me wonder if you have to register on tracker to have your stats turn off. Or maybe CaptainHardware was right that one of the patches might of cause the release of stats.
    I have the same, at the begining of the game i could check on battlefieldtracker my stats but since few mounths (since december i think) it's impossible, with "player not found" and i'm not a cheater of course :D (not registered on their site)
    i'll try to check if share game data option change something.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    Rabiiiere wrote: »

I have the same, at the begining of the game i could check on battlefieldtracker my stats but since few mounths (since december i think) it's impossible, with "player not found" and i'm not a cheater of course :D (not registered on their site)
    i'll try to check if share game data option change something.

Do you stats show for BF1? I'm pretty sure it's going to be the share game data option that is set to off. It's under the About option
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited February 2019

Cheers, going up rapidly since I went Support and MMG. I have the VGO, M1922, MG 34 and MG 42 gold along with the StG44 and ZK-383. I'm wondering what I should go for next?

I registered on Battlefiled Tracker to try and escalate my stats not showing with support I didn't see and option for turning stats off or on there. I think the only way to do it is via in game sharing of data option.
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So I've pretty much only one friend online that still plays BF V regularly and I always run repair when he's driving a tank. Yes, I also die a lot repairing although usually end up around 1/1 KDR because we're not tanking 24/7 and I can (usually) make it back.

A decent driver with a decent support repairing can be a very dominant force on the battlefield. Even more so when we manage to get a decent medic in the squad as well.

My mate often offers to let me drive but I very very rarely do because frankly he's a far better driver than me so whats the point.

Back on topic, I thought stats were hidden by default? At least I thought they were in previous iterations of the game. I don't have the faintest idea if mine are hidden or not.

fritz
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited February 2019
    No they are on as default as far as I know. Your stats are on Battlefield Tracker

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hid mine before. To troll.

Someone on the forums saw I haven't been playing bfv and Implying I was banned. So I hid the stat tracker to see how long it would take for him to say I was banned. It didn't even take an hr after hiding my stats that he hackusated. Pretty funny stuff.

I have a friend that hides hers because people are jerks to her online and try to stat bash when she's just having fun. I told several people how to turn it off because they too run into stat bashers and it negatively affects them, so they turn it off. One less thing to worry about.

So I can see both perspectives.
This discussion has been closed.