This Week in Battlefield V

CC and ToW issues

Gifters86
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Game still having company coin issues? I routinely miss out on CC I'm supposed to get, it says I'm supposed to get at the end of a match but the CC number doesn't go up. Also my buddy has been working all week on the new German tank and today he only had a few kills on enemy objectives to get but yesterday his number changed from 20 to 5 and it said he completed but he didn't get the tank in shipments.

EA is saying they missed the mark for not having a BR mode, that's asinine, people don't buy BF for BR they buy it for large team multiplayer at a fast pace with a veriaty of foot, ground and air vehicles. EA missed the mark because they launched a game that's buggy AF.

With this week's challenge there's been a lot of griefing by teammates blowing up tank resupply stations so you have to get out to build it and they can steal you tank... So we'll thought out challenge this week. Fix the bugs, deliver games with less head aches and epileptic seizures.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game still having company coin issues? I routinely miss out on CC I'm supposed to get, it says I'm supposed to get at the end of a match but the CC number doesn't go up. Also my buddy has been working all week on the new German tank and today he only had a few kills on enemy objectives to get but yesterday his number changed from 20 to 5 and it said he completed but he didn't get the tank in shipments.

There has unfortunately been a known bug for a long time, where an incorrect CC figure is shown on the EoR screen (usually around 2K). The bug from what I understand is that you shouldn't see that screen as you've not actually earned the CC. The issue with the ToW tank is also known and the advice from Dice currently is to get one more attacking kill as that should unlock the tank (hopefully anyway).
    EA is saying they missed the mark for not having a BR mode, that's asinine, people don't buy BF for BR they buy it for large team multiplayer at a fast pace with a veriaty of foot, ground and air vehicles. EA missed the mark because they launched a game that's buggy AF.

I'd be inclined to agree with you there since I'm not interested in BR myself. I'm sure some people will find it enjoyable though and I guess we can always hope that it'll bring more people to the main game in turn.
    With this week's challenge there's been a lot of griefing by teammates blowing up tank resupply stations so you have to get out to build it and they can steal you tank... So we'll thought out challenge this week. Fix the bugs, deliver games with less head aches and epileptic seizures.

Not saying you're wrong here as I've seen that tactic before, but the other reason could be that they are blowing them up so they can be rebuild and tick off the ToW requirement to do that (I admittedly blew up and rebuilt the ammo resupply stations in the base spawn to do mine). I think you're right that griefing is more likely than that though.
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags Sorry to tag you again. Can I please have my post back from purgatory?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13055 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ElliotLH
    All good, it's back now :)
  • ElliotLH
    @ElliotLH
    All good, it's back now :)

Thank you LOL.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

^^^^^^^This to me, is the thing that is making the main multiplayer mode we are all familiar with not as good as it could/should be. I agree 100% with you both (Gifters86 and ElliotLH) that most Battlefield fans did not purchase BFV because they were going to offer a Battle Royale. We purchased for those great BF moments we have had from previous releases of the franchise. I don't care if they do have a Battle Royale, until the base game gets neglected because they are rushing to get this game mode out to jump on the money grab bandwagon. Then I'm thinking about how the useless (to me) BR mode is messing with the content I paid to play. But as I've mentioned in other posts, EA has taken huge financial hits, so part of me is not surprised by some of the things that reek of quickly and cheaply done to get it in the hands of consumers as fast as possible.
  • Mishkin37
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »

^^^^^^^This to me, is the thing that is making the main multiplayer mode we are all familiar with not as good as it could/should be. I agree 100% with you both (Gifters86 and ElliotLH) that most Battlefield fans did not purchase BFV because they were going to offer a Battle Royale. We purchased for those great BF moments we have had from previous releases of the franchise. I don't care if they do have a Battle Royale, until the base game gets neglected because they are rushing to get this game mode out to jump on the money grab bandwagon. Then I'm thinking about how the useless (to me) BR mode is messing with the content I paid to play. But as I've mentioned in other posts, EA has taken huge financial hits, so part of me is not surprised by some of the things that reek of quickly and cheaply done to get it in the hands of consumers as fast as possible.

I agree. I did not need a BR mode. I play for the BF moments: explosions, planes crashing on my head, destroying whole buildings with dynamite, sending tanks to he!!.

With that said, though, what BR features do you think screwed up the game?
    - actively having to pick up ammo/health?
    - faster TTK?
    - pushing the game out before it was ready to compete with PUBG & Fortnite sooner?
    - less focus on BF proper due to focus shifted to BF BR?
  • SixTouge
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

With that said, though, what BR features do you think screwed up the game?
    - actively having to pick up ammo/health?
    - faster TTK?
    - pushing the game out before it was ready to compete with PUBG & Fortnite sooner?
    - less focus on BF proper due to focus shifted to BF BR?

I actually like the TTK, ammo scarcity, less spotting/radar, and visibility in this game, even as it relates to playing classic BF Conquest. If I had to guess though, making a mode that varies quite a bit from the rest of the game had to sap some resources in time/effort.

Having played some PubG, it really is a significantly different kind of game. I almost feel like it's too much to be just it's own mode, rather than a totally separate game, but I'll judge when I actually get to play it.